The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Train Wreck or Turned Off

HabsRuleForever

Still watching but minimally.

I think what turns most people off and what is so insulting is largely this GM`s incompetence, lack of respect and for the fan-base, and the fact that he remains employed and associated with the proudest franchise in the NHL.

Add to this an Owner who seems to have no hockey sense and a laissez-faire attitude.

i have no problem watching a team that struggles though a rebuild. i hate the way we were sold a bill of goods about our A#1 superfly defence this year and how all our problems could be solved in the room! any kid who has played hockey can see with ease that this team is missing one whole side on the D has no #1 or #2 center is marginal on the other side of the D and is coached by a dinosaur and managed by morons. it is tough to waste my time on garbage like this! when the team starts treating the fans with more respect i will start watching again.

I haven't really watched the last few games... it's a bad team but also one that doesn't score and isn't very exciting to watch and that dull personalities that don't really want to make you cheer for them. Combine that with the Olympics being on as an alternative and the Habs being out West playing equally terrible teams, and there's nothing much to tune in for. Haven't bought tickets in a very long time and haven't spent money on merchandise either. I've been so turned off by the prejudice displayed in the hiring process (Francophones only), the hate treatment of certain players (anti-Subban, anti-Russian, anti-skill), and the utter disrespect for fans with constant raising of ticket and concession prices despite a miserable product that I have no interest in investing in the team. I follow. I would like to see youngsters played more, I would like to see Bergevin fired, and I would like to see the team tank so they can get a high draft pick and build from something. But I have no interest in seeing us play games right now and no interest in winning games (because this sets back the drafting process), so it makes it hard to watch when you have nothing to root for.

This team is hard to stomach. It's difficult dedicating 3 hours of your life several times a week to watch this train wreck. Of course i'm still catching parts of games  and occasionally we'll get treated to efforts like the Nashville game, but I find that as soon as they fall behind , we may just as well call it quits. It seems like they have the same attitude.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

i have no problem watching a team that struggles though a rebuild. i hate the way we were sold a bill of goods about our A#1 superfly defence this year and how all our problems could be solved in the room! any kid who has played hockey can see with ease that this team is missing one whole side on the D has no #1 or #2 center is marginal on the other side of the D and is coached by a dinosaur and managed by morons. it is tough to waste my time on garbage like this! when the team starts treating the fans with more respect i will start watching again.

I would much rather see a re-tool than a rebuild myself. Usually in a re-tool you usually have a chance of winning and making the playoffs. Where an actual rebuild you have a better chance of ending up like Buffalo or Phoenix than Toronto especially  how the lottery is weighted now. Even before Edmonton having what 4 actual #1 overall picks in 5 years proves this magic rebuild everyone hopes for could be a bigger train wreck. I definitely don't want to watch a team go several years at the bottom hoping magically that great player will become ours and he'll get us to the Stanley cup , you know like McDavid has done ....oh wait!  

47 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I would much rather see a re-tool than a rebuild myself. Usually in a re-tool you usually have a chance of winning and making the playoffs. Where an actual rebuild you have a better chance of ending up like Buffalo or Phoenix than Toronto especially  how the lottery is weighted now. Even before Edmonton having what 4 actual #1 overall picks in 5 years proves this magic rebuild everyone hopes for could be a bigger train wreck. I definitely don't want to watch a team go several years at the bottom hoping magically that great player will become ours and he'll get us to the Stanley cup , you know like McDavid has done ....oh wait!  

Except for McDavid, I wonder what the Oilers would be like if they had traded a couple of their 1st round picks before those particular drafts.

16 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

I love hockey and the Habs are my team. I'll continue to watch and always want to see them win. So I guess if they rebuild does nobody watch because they won't win right away?

Its different when a team is in transition though.   I mean surely there's no one (not even Marc Bergevin) who believes this roster is even close enough to compete for the cup, right? 

So if you go through a rebuild process, you expect to lose, and you accept them.  When your trade younger players for experience, skill for grit and cup rings etc, and then realize you've actually made the team a whole lot worse, that makes it pretty tough to stomach.  

Haven't watched them for a while now, it's not worth it. Thankfully I have my Soo Greyhounds of the OHL to watch, they're first overall with a 20 point lead on the next closest team. They have played 56 games and have only lost 6, far more entertaining than this years Habs,

In a rebuild you can always have a season like the Devils now so its not necessary just being at the bottom. If you dont find guys like Gaudreau in later rounds of the draft your once a year top10 pick won't get you back to the top anyway. 

I would watch but as a European most games are at night and right now not worth it to destroy the sleeping schedule.