The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:00 PM ET Montreal @ NY Islanders MSG, TSN2, RDS, TSN Radio 690

kinot-2

• H_T_L pinned this topic

Benn is a healthy scratch. Schlemko is in. 

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - De La Rose - Scherbak
A. Shaw - Froese - Carr

Deslauriers, L. Shaw & Hudon (hurt) out. 

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Reilly - Schlemko

Lindgren starts.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Benn is a healthy scratch. Schlemko is in. 

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - De La Rose - Scherbak
A. Shaw - Froese - Carr

Deslauriers, L. Shaw & Hudon (hurt) out. 

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Reilly - Schlemko

Lindgren starts.

Metry

Juulzner

Schlemly

I really like the Drouin - Gallagher - Galchenyuk threesome but would really really really like to see Chucky at centre.    MB's stubbornness to micromanage (i am 99% certain Julien would have at least tried AG at centre this year if he wanst being forced not to) is hurting us - and ridiculous.  AG is a natural centre taht we're forcing to play wing.  Drouin is a natural winger that we're forcing to play centre.  Its ludicrous. 

If we could land Tavares in the summer this is a dream top 6:

Pacioretty - Tavares - Scherbak/Lehkonen

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I really like the Drouin - Gallagher - Galchenyuk threesome but would really really really like to see Chucky at centre.    MB's stubbornness to micromanage (i am 99% certain Julien would have at least tried AG at centre this year if he wanst being forced not to) is hurting us - and ridiculous.  AG is a natural centre taht we're forcing to play wing.  Drouin is a natural winger that we're forcing to play centre.  Its ludicrous. 

Agreed on the AG/JD fiasco.

As for the lines, I actually prefer Lehkonen as a 3rd line winger (with Danault and Shaw, for example, they have played well together and he'll get better match-ups there)...

I think Scherbak and Hudon slot in better as wingers in the top 6 in some order... e.g.

Pacioretty/Drouin-Tavares-Scherbak

Hudon-AG-BG

I think if we get Tavares, we keep one of JD or MP on his wing and we look at trading the other one to get help on defence.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Agreed on the AG/JD fiasco.

As for the lines, I actually prefer Lehkonen as a 3rd line winger (with Danault and Shaw, for example, they have played well together and he'll get better match-ups there)...

I think Scherbak and Hudon slot in better as wingers in the top 6 in some order... e.g.

Pacioretty/Drouin-Tavares-Scherbak

Hudon-AG-BG

I think if we get Tavares, we keep one of JD or MP on his wing and we look at trading the other one to get help on defence.

Agreed, and like you i think Sherbak may be the right guy but its still tough to know exactly what Scherbak, Hudon and Lehkonen's peaks are.  Im confident that at least 1 or 2 of them are top 2 centres so in a perfect world, like you said, you trade one of MP or JD (or AG) and get a stud at #1D.  

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yup it`s totally ludicrous and ridiculous but that is our Napoleonic GM`s desire. Never-mind that it sets these two players back and sets them up for failure. Hey steady as she goes and damn the icebergs up ahead.

1 hour ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Yup it`s totally ludicrous and ridiculous but that is our Napoleonic GM`s desire. Never-mind that it sets these two players back and sets them up for failure. Hey steady as she goes and damn the icebergs up ahead.

id be willing to bet a sizeable amount of money that if you put together a line of Drouin (LW) - Galchenyuk (C) - Gallagher (RW)  gave them Ice time and PP time and left them together till the end of the year (20 games) we'd see each of them score more than 15 points between now and game 82. 

36 minutes ago, maas_art said:

id be willing to bet a sizeable amount of money that if you put together a line of Drouin (LW) - Galchenyuk (C) - Gallagher (RW)  gave them Ice time and PP time and left them together till the end of the year (20 games) we'd see each of them score more than 15 points between now and game 82. 

That is a bet I would like to take :).. that would mean all 3 players would have to get .76 points per game They are all under .6 this season and the most anyone of them reached in a season would was .73 and that was JD on a much better scoring team...

I will take the odds :)

How do we get this set up :)

38 minutes ago, maas_art said:

The problem is that it`ll never happen unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

Me joining games in progress is apparently brutal for the tank. :P

I picked us to win SC Challenge so ...Maybe not tonight...Just in general

I also picked Buffalo so ...