Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Agostino - Plekanec - Byron

Chaput - De La Rose - Scherbak

Reilly - Petry

Benn - Schlemko

Mete - Juulsen

Price Lindgren

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Ooh.  Really like  Drouin - JFK - Lehkonen  as a line!  On paper that should be very very good.   

We have waaaaay too many forwards when you look at who is not dressing.

MB's new motto is 'You can't have too many forwards'.

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

MB's new motto is 'You can't have too many forwards'.

haha. Or defensemen.  

I think our top 6 (when everyone is healthy) should be:

Reilly - Weber

Mete - Petry

Oulette - Juulsen

and that still leaves Alzner, Schlemko and Benn + all the guys in Laval. 

Once again, Marc:  Quantity does not = Quality. 

i am interested to see how we do, the Leafs are a powerful offensive team and our D is weak! if we can at least hold our own against this offence it could be interesting, as i like most of our young players. i still worry about scoring but it has been interesting to see what we look like with some talent at center even though they are young and green.

20 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

i am interested to see how we do, the Leafs are a powerful offensive team and our D is weak! if we can at least hold our own against this offence it could be interesting, as i like most of our young players. i still worry about scoring but it has been interesting to see what we look like with some talent at center even though they are young and green.

I really think our forward group is going to be ok.  Better with JFK, if he sticks around, but even without him I think we have potentially three second lines and one 4th.  Is that ideal? no. but its not as bad as it looked like it might have been last year.  They will need to score by committee but i dont think its out of the realm of posibility.

Our defense is what really scares me.

Weber-Petry-Mete-Juulsen-Reilly-Oulette  is not horrible. Its not going to put fear in opponents but could be serviceable.

Petry-Alzner-Schlemko-Benn-Dupres+whoever  is abysmal.  

Im extremely happy to see lehkonen on the 1st line, it was getting annoying with armia being a lock there. I mean we have other kids we want to be scorers. put them on a scoring line. at least one of those games scherbak should have had a look there. 

glad to see lehk get a look, id like us to put him in a position to be a potential guy to put up some points, not be locked next to plekanec and playing shut down.

man....this is the most excited I have been to see a game in over a year. crazy. lots of cool storylines. 

So looking at our lines posted above ...

The guys Julien is likely to use on a nightly basis :

Centers :   Domi, Danault, Plekenec

LW :   Drouin, Tatar

RW :  Lehkonen, Gallagher, Byron

leaving 4 spots upfront for 

Hudon, Armia, Shaw, Peca, Kotkaniemi, DeLeRose,

I left Chaput and Agostino off the list as I don't think they make the team out of the gate but are the call up guys this year.  So that's 4 spots for 6 guys ... Shaw is hurt and not expected back till October/November ... I'd imagine game shape not till December.   So essentially 4 spots for 5 guys if we don't send Kotkaniemi down ... good chance he's here for 39 games then and then they assess.

Kotkaniemi at C instead of Domi, Delerose on 4th line C ... Domi on wing, Armia on Wing and then Peca/Hudon rotate?

13 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

So looking at our lines posted above ...

The guys Julien is likely to use on a nightly basis :

Centers :   Domi, Danault, Plekenec

LW :   Drouin, Tatar

RW :  Lehkonen, Gallagher, Byron

leaving 4 spots upfront for 

Hudon, Armia, Shaw, Peca, Kotkaniemi, DeLeRose,

I left Chaput and Agostino off the list as I don't think they make the team out of the gate but are the call up guys this year.  So that's 4 spots for 6 guys ... Shaw is hurt and not expected back till October/November ... I'd imagine game shape not till December.   So essentially 4 spots for 5 guys if we don't send Kotkaniemi down ... good chance he's here for 39 games then and then they assess.

Kotkaniemi at C instead of Domi, Delerose on 4th line C ... Domi on wing, Armia on Wing and then Peca/Hudon rotate?

Scherbak?

2 minutes ago, Netcase2 said:

Our offense so far has been playing well.  But we have a tendency to hit the ground running every year but fizzle out just before the All star break.  Hope we can change that for once 

Ya. I think we may have a more balanced attack this year, with or without JFK, but confidence has been the big issue the last couple of years.   If Price gets his swagger back that should go a long way. Seems like this team's confidence is directly related to Price's