Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2018 - 2019 Habs Magic Number & Lottery Race


Recommended Posts

MN is 57.

No bonus points available on Sunday but a Bruins loss to the Capitals will move us up into 3rd in the Division on the NL Board. That is, of course, provided we win our own game against the Oilers.

 

MN 201819.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Flying_Lion said:

Right win + right losses = 4 point drop.

MN is 42. 

Updated board hopefully this evening. 

Finally .. MN on the good side ... 22 games to go, 44 possible points. MN two less ... figure if we need 27-30 pts at least to secure a WC spot over those 22.    Google searches and the bookies, depending on site, have us at 70-80% odds of making playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Finally .. MN on the good side ... 22 games to go, 44 possible points. MN two less ... figure if we need 27-30 pts at least to secure a WC spot over those 22.    Google searches and the bookies, depending on site, have us at 70-80% odds of making playoffs

For sure we're in if we run the table.

We've knocked 71 points (58%) off the MN with our own games so the remaining 42% came from bonus points (points lost by 9th place teams).

If that trend continues, we need to get roughly 60% of those last 42 points - about 25 - from our own games. A record of 12-9-1 would do it.

That said, I don't trust the bonus points to keep coming at such a pace so I'd just as soon run the table. :P

...

MN is 42.

 

MN 201819.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

if I remember correctly, if we finish in WC1 we play the winner of Metro division in first round, ie the Islanders as of this moment and the winnder of M2 vs M3 in 2nd round ... 

Yeah, it's a little weird that way but it is what it is. I find it odd that an Atlantic time could play through the Metro  division and vice versa in the same season.

WC1 is definitely looking like the place to be to have much hope. TB looks near-unbeatable so falling to WC2 probably wouldn't be very enjoyable and securing a division spot to face Toronto or Boston is looking less likely.

...

MN is 42.

2 bonus points available on Thursday: both come with a regulation Hurricanes loss to the Panthers, 1 point if they lose in regulation, nothing if Carolina wins.

 

5c6ec5e1305a6_MN201819.thumb.jpg.3cad50b05111d2350f29ba87abeab117.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MN is 40.

Carolina's still driving the bonus train: 2 points for a regulation loss vs Dallas, 1 point for an extra time loss, nothing for a Hurricanes win.

Also, should the Canes win, a single bonus point is available from a regulation Pittsburgh loss in Philadelphia.

 

5c713b1e53e53_MN201819.thumb.jpg.b27309fc102e373406856b824978aeb4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...