The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mon, Oct 15 7:30 PM ET Detroit @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, FS-D

kinot-2

26 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

The Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line is definitely running on all cylinders. Helped them a lot that they played together all pre-season I think. I still wonder if another player would pull more weight here than Danault, but can't complain about the overall production here.

I agree.  If i had my way Id keep Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen in tact and every few shifts swap JK with Danault.  Just see how Tatar-JK-Gallagher plays a few shifts here or there.   

Not super impressed with Niemi tonight. Weak on that 3rd goal, and now he doesn't warn his team about the Wing player coming out of the box, Reilly has no idea there's a guy there and turns it over for a breakaway. Could have cost us another goal. Niemi really lacking on the basics tonight.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Not super impressed with Niemi tonight. Weak on that 3rd goal, and now he doesn't warn his team about the Wing player coming out of the box, Reilly has no idea there's a guy there and turns it over for a breakaway. Could have cost us another goal. Niemi really lacking on the basics tonight.

French announcers saying Niemi was banging his stick like a caveman and the rest of the team seemed to not hear him

Nice win. We have to get the PP going. I don't mind KK where he's playing at this time the other lines have pretty good chemistry hard to play with that. I would like to see him on the PP though. I think he could be effective and the PP needs an infusion of some sort anyway. I think the Wings will be back in about 3 years. I'm guessing they'll get Jack Hueges (wrong spelling) and Yzerman will join the Wings and build them correctly.

I was pleasantly surprised with Tatar's game last night. He seems very involved in the offensive zone and really goes to the net as well. I knew nothing about him before he joined the team... Just that it wasn't working out in Nevada. He really looked like quite the interesting player last night.

Niemi played well except for the stinker that Detroit scored to make it 6-3.

All-in-all, an entertaining game. I'll tune in again sometime in the next week or two. Maybe Scherbak will see some ice time.

8 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Maybe Scherbak will see some ice time.

I would like to see this as well.

Let him play the right side with Domi and Droiun 

Drop Lekonen back with KK and Byron.

Armia with Peca and Hudon and Give Pleks another break for a week or two :)

At least  few games to see how he responds ...

• H_T_L locked this topic