The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed, Oct 17 7:00 PM ET St. Louis @ Montreal SN1, RDS, FS-MW,

kinot-2

1 minute ago, HabsAlways said:

Its just boggling that the small tweaks MB made have allowed Julien to produce a much better puck possession team.

Might have something to do with his coach changes. Finally realizing his friends aren't always his best choices.

1. Alzner has been passable thus far. A couple of eek moments in his own zone, but I can say that about all the pairings. Not as good as Mete, but not hurting us yet either.

2. JK has had some good moments tonight. Still doesn't look as good with his current linemates than he did with Drouin and Lehkonen though.

3. On that note, I think they need to figure out what to do with Armia. He had that one good cut to the net tonight, but he's generally just a bit slower than the rest of the line-up and IMO he's probably best cut-out for the 4th line. I actually wouldn't mind slotting Scherbak in over Armia if they're not going to sit Plekanec again.

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Might have something to do with his coach changes. Finally realizing his friends aren't always his best choices.

Just now, HabsAlways said:

yeah, that probably has helped as well ... JJ Daigneault was just awful.

Daigneault was probably the worst of all of them, but Lacroix and Lefebvre didn't help either. They did a story on Richardson and apparently he's been emphasizing puck movement and getting the puck up the ice quickly. That's how you play today's modern NHL game. Seems obvious and yet it wasn't to Therrien/Daigneault/Lacroix/etc.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Daigneault was probably the worst of all of them, but Lacroix and Lefebvre didn't help either. They did a story on Richardson and apparently he's been emphasizing puck movement and getting the puck up the ice quickly. That's how you play today's modern NHL game. Seems obvious and yet it wasn't to Therrien/Daigneault/Lacroix/etc.

Which is ironic given it's Luke Richardson :P

That'd be like Hal Gill giving break away lessons

Just now, HabsAlways said:

Which is ironic given it's Luke Richardson :P

A lot of great coaches were pluggers or not even NHLers. And Wayne Gretzky was an awful coach. There has to be an ability to teach and there has to be a willingness to admit the game is different than when these guys played themselves.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

A lot of great coaches were pluggers or not even NHLers. And Wayne Gretzky was an awful coach. There has to be an ability to teach and there has to be a willingness to admit the game is different than when these guys played themselves.

oh yeah I get that ... its just hard to wrap your head around :P