The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll: Your choice for MVP after 10 games?

H_T_L

Your Choice For MVP after 10 games  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

First part would be Tatar for me and definitely Domi for the later part. Gally has played his heart out every single game. May be trailing the other 2 point wise, but his day to day tenacity gets my vote. Honorable mention to Domi.

Also really pleased to see JK's improvement. Might not be long before he starts winning poles like this.

We've had a lot of guys play well. Tatar and Gallagher really led the way in the first couple of games. Drouin and Domi have propelled us the past 5 or so. And Lehkonen and Byron have been solid throughout, without the same production perhaps. I've also really appreciated the emergence of Reilly and Juulsen, both of whom have come out of nowhere seemingly to play like top 4 D men.

But my vote for MVP thus far goes to Jeff Petry. He's tied for 6th in scoring among D men in the league. He's done it playing several games with the likes of Jordie Benn as a partner and he's led a D crew whereby every other guy among the 7 healthy players was over the past 14 months a question to even be on a NHL roster. So if by MVP we ask ourselves who is the player we would have the hardest time living without right now, it's Petry.

Domi because a short run as something impersonating a cromulent top 6 center has been a huge help for the team. I don't really buy he's a top 6 center in the long run but he's far better as a short term stopgap than Drouin and that's been a big help for the team. 

Domi hands down not only his points and the fact that he has played as a top line center, its his willingness backcheck as if his life depended on it. Our better looking dee is the direct result of our forwards understanding the game and that you need to support your line in all 3 zone. We had forwards last year who were pretty to watch sometimes but did not understand there was more than one zone....

39 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

Domi hands down not only his points and the fact that he has played as a top line center, its his willingness backcheck as if his life depended on it. Our better looking dee is the direct result of our forwards understanding the game and that you need to support your line in all 3 zone. We had forwards last year who were pretty to watch sometimes but did not understand there was more than one zone....

I agree with this. I didn't like the trade either. I have to say though after watching Domi , he is much more aware defensively than Chucky ever was. He knows when to go into the corners and help the D , when to come back hard and when to dump it in if he doesn't have an entrance. I think he is suited to the center position better, especially with a coach like Jullien. 

When the deal went down I was quite happy to get Domi  because i remember watching him play many times when he was younger & thinking "this is a kid that is going to explode some time" - he has incredible hockey IQ.  But... i was unhappy about the return.   I felt like Domi + 2nd for AG  was more fair - or better still, Domi + Ari's 1st  for AG + ______  (our 2nd?) 

I still feel like we sold low (75¢ on the dollar) but the return seems to be doing even better than I had hoped.   Lets see how long he can keep this up - or has he finally arrived? Season 3 or 4 is often the "break out" year for a lot of skilled players... 

I admit i had serious reservations. A lot may have come from my total dislike of his father. His first game wearing the jersey and he pulls a Shaw,,, which really turned my stomach. I'm starting to warm up to him now. If he totally proves me wrong then that's a big plus for us. So far so good. Like maas, i initially thought we got the short end of the deal, just like the PK trade.

• H_T_L locked this topic