The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

7:30 PM ET Washington @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, NBCSWA

kinot-2

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

IS that an NHL record for fastest two back to back goals?

Fastest 2 goals in NHL history is 3 seconds i believe - and according to the box score Domis was at 19:38 and Armia's was at 19:40 so i think we may well have witnessed the fastest 2 goals in NHL history. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Fastest 2 goals in NHL history is 3 seconds i believe - and according to the box score Domis was at 19:38 and Armia's was at 19:40 so i think we may well have witnessed the fastest 2 goals in NHL history. 

Wouldn't that be something?

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I remember a game in the 80's when we scored two within about 7 seconds or so, but can't imagine a second goal faster than that...

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I remember a game in the 80's when we scored two within about 7 seconds or so, but can't imagine a second goal faster than that...

Found this....

The record is now three seconds, set by the Minnesota Wild on January 21, 2004. Jim Dowd and Richard Park scored at 19:44 and 19:47 in a 4-2 win.