Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nov 15 9:00 PM ET Montreal @ Calgary SNW, TSN2, RDS, TSN 690 Radio


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

TONIGHT, TUNE IN FOR THE HABS AT THE FLAMES GAMES.

Nov 15 9:00 PM ET    Montreal @ Calgary    SNW, TSN2, RDS, TSN 690 Radio

The Canadiens went 0-for-3 on the power play and are now 2-for-35 with the man advantage over the last 10 games and rank 29th in the NHL with a 13.0 per cent success rate. 

The Canadiens also struggled in the faceoff circle again, winning only 41 per cent of their draws. They now rank 30th in the NHL in faceoffs with a 45 per cent success rate.

They've allowed 4 or more goals in 7 of their last 8 games. And 10 goals coughed up in the Habs's last 2 games.

 

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistic Flames
9-6-3 Record 10-7-1
1-0-0 H2H Record 0-1-0
52.7% (6th) Corsi-for pct. 54.3% (4th)
58 (9th) Goals for 56 (12th)
61 (27th) Goals against 55 (18th)
13.0% (30th) PP% 17.2% (21st)
82.5% (9th) PK% 76.3% (24th)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Mike Smith, the Flames’ No. 1 goalie, has been struggling this season with a 5-6-1 record, a 3.51 goals-against average and an .877 save percentage. Smith will start against the Canadiens even though backup David Rittich has been outstanding with a 5-1-0 record, a 1.91 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Looks like Mike Reilly will be a healthy scratch for the first time this season. Paired with Weber at practice.

Ouellet slides in. 

Reilly out.. while Schlemko and Benn are both in? 

Benn - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen
Ouellet - Mete
 

Even with Weber injured, is that really the best we can do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Looks like Mike Reilly will be a healthy scratch for the first time this season. Paired with Weber at practice.

Ouellet slides in. 

 

31 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Reilly out.. while Schlemko and Benn are both in? 

Benn - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen
Ouellet - Mete
 

Even with Weber injured, is that really the best we can do?

No kidding. I think I'd rather see Reilly and injured Shea Weber than Benn and Schlemko.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I don't know how Schlemko gets back in after his poor performance against Edmonton.

He played a ton of the 3rd period despite the bad showing.  

Imho 1 of 3 things:

 

1) They (the coaches) actually think he played well

2) They saw he played poorly but think he deserves a little more slack because of all the games he missed.

3) MB is trying to trade him so we need him to play.

Obviously, i hope its #3.  I can live with #2 for a game or two.  But if its #1... that is very disconcerting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, maas_art said:

He played a ton of the 3rd period despite the bad showing.  

Imho 1 of 3 things:

 

1) They (the coaches) actually think he played well

2) They saw he played poorly but think he deserves a little more slack because of all the games he missed.

3) MB is trying to trade him so we need him to play.

Obviously, i hope its #3.  I can live with #2 for a game or two.  But if its #1... that is very disconcerting.  

It's gotta be #3 ... there's no way Julien kept throwing him out there like he did during Oilers game.     But there were a lot of odd things that game, like Peca/Deslauriers getting as much ice time as they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

It's gotta be #3 ... there's no way Julien kept throwing him out there like he did during Oilers game.     But there were a lot of odd things that game, like Peca/Deslauriers getting as much ice time as they did.

Peca also kills penalties so, maybe that why his ice time is skewed, not sure about Dlo tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GO HABS GO!!!

We need all lines skating tonight! We want to get an early jump ,lets not play from behind! We need to stay in the race and hopefully get Byron , Weber , and Armia back. I think Byron is very underrated and missed. Time for Gallager , Tatar , Lehkonen to have better games. Let's go Carey this is the time to start a good game and good run and be the Carey we know you can be!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

GO HABS GO!!!

We need all lines skating tonight! We want to get an early jump ,lets not play from behind! We need to stay in the race and hopefully get Byron , Weber , and Armia back. I think Byron is very underrated and missed. Time for Gallager , Tatar , Lehkonen to have better games. Let's go Carey this is the time to start a good game and good run and be the Carey we know you can be!!!

If Carey gets scored on early with a softie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, maas_art said:

You realize if he does, you'll be blamed.

Hey wait have we done a #BlameKinot lately??

I invoke Rule 17, Section C, Subsection iii, which clearly states that "No member shall be blamed for what happens in any hockey arena when that member is not in attendance". 

:frech1:

RULE 17.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, syfdawg said:

could be worse.... im on the lrt to the saddledome only 5km away bit stopped due to an accident on the tracks.... been here for 30 min already..... argh.....:5155:

When you finally get into your seat,,,, wave. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...