The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nov 24 7:00 PM ET Boston @ Montreal HNIC, TVAS, NESN, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-2

TONITE, OUR HABS WELCOME TO THE CONFINES OF THE BELL CENTER 

ONE OF OUR MOST HATED RIVALS

bruins-vs-habs-jerseys.jpg

Nov 24 7:00 PM ET    Boston @ Montreal   HNIC, TVAS, NESN, TSN 690 Radio

The matchup: This is the second half of a back-to-back for both teams. The Canadiens were in Buffalo, where they put up a strong fight in a late afternoon game Friday, but lost in overtime on Jeff Skinner’s second goal of the contest. This game seemed to represent at least a temporary change in the Canadiens’ philosophy as the team relied more on defence than it has in its earlier games. The Canadiens have lost three games in a row for the first time this season, but two of those losses were in overtime. The Bruins will get a little less rest than the Canadiens because they were at home to Pittsburgh in an evening game.

Price gets the call for the Habs, while Rask starts fro the Bruins.

The Bruins have some key injuries, Chara, Bergeron, Carlo, and McAvoy are  all out.

There doesn't appear to be any changes to the Habs lines. 

In other news, 

Former NHL referee McGeough dies at age 62

Former NHL referee Michael (Mick) McGeough has died. He was 62. The NHL said in a statement Saturday that McGeough had died Friday night in Regina.

I always liked him. 

I'd be surprised if we have no line-up changes tonight. Not sure how you can be a coach and see yesterday's game and be okay with the way your team performed, especially with respect to the defence crew. If it were me, I'd have all of Hudon, Ouellet, and Reilly back in. I'd pull Deslauriers, Schlemko, and Alzner, and I'd ice

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Tatar-JK-Gallagher

Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen

Agostino-Peca-Chaput

Reilly-Petry

Mete-Ouellet

Kulak-Benn

This obviously won't happen for who knows why, but I do at the very least expect to see at lest one change on defence tonight and possibly more swaps. You can't ice the same team as yesterday's pathetic performance.

• H_T_L pinned this topic
4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

This game seemed to represent at least a temporary change in the Canadiens’ philosophy as the team relied more on defence than it has in its earlier games.

We gave up 40 shots in Buffalo. I would hate to see us play a non defensive game. Totally what i expected with the pairings we dressed. Didn't see the game but i assume our D was brutal.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I'd be surprised if we have no line-up changes tonight. Not sure how you can be a coach and see yesterday's game and be okay with the way your team performed, especially with respect to the defence crew. If it were me, I'd have all of Hudon, Ouellet, and Reilly back in. I'd pull Deslauriers, Schlemko, and Alzner, and I'd ice

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Tatar-JK-Gallagher

Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen

Agostino-Peca-Chaput

Reilly-Petry

Mete-Ouellet

Kulak-Benn

This obviously won't happen for who knows why, but I do at the very least expect to see at lest one change on defence tonight and possibly more swaps. You can't ice the same team as yesterday's pathetic performance.

Looks like pretty much the best roster we can ice right now.  Too bad it wont happen. 

Patrick Lalime on TVA talking about when everyone is healthy, says this would be his D line-up:

Schlemko-Weber

Benn-Petry

Reilly-Juulsen

He went on to say he liked Schlemko on the first pairing because of his mobility. What games is Lalime watching? If you want mobility, Mete or Reilly trump Schlemko every night. Schlemko has looked slow and out of position on most nights. Really frustrating to see guys like Lalime have jobs when they spew out garbage like this.