The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:30 PM ET Boston @ Montreal TSN2, RDS, NESN, TSN 690.

kinot-2

maxresdefault.jpg

7:30 PM ET  Boston @ Montreal  TSN2, RDS, NESN, TSN 690 Radio.

Tale of the Tape

Canadiens Statistic Bruins
17-11-5 Record 17-12-4
1-1-0 H2H Record 1-1-0
54.4% (4th) Corsi-for pct. 52.1% (8th)
3.21 (12th) Goals per game 2.70 (27th)
3.24 (21st) Goals against per game 2.67 (2nd)
12.3% (30th) PP% 25.2% (6th)
76.6% (25th) PK% 77.1% (24th)

Tuukka Rask took the loss last night, which means Jaroslav Halak will likely be taking the crease at the Bell Centre. The duties have been shared fairly even between the two netminders, with Halak holding a save percentage 11 percentage points higher.

• H_T_L pinned this topic

John Lu:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Agostino - Chaput - Peca

Kulak - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Scratches: Hudon, Deslauriers, Benn

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

John Lu:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Agostino - Chaput - Peca

Kulak - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Scratches: Hudon, Deslauriers, Benn

That's pretty pleasing! If I can tune in tonight I will be excited to see some more Byron-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen action!

22 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

That's pretty pleasing! If I can tune in tonight I will be excited to see some more Byron-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen action!

You will miss a pretty good game if you can't watch/listen to the game. 

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I imagine CJ is just itching to throw DLO and Schlemko back in there.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Benn out, Schlemko is in. 

FINALLY.  Cant believe this is Benn's first scratch of the year.  Not saying Schlemko is much better (although his last couple of games were better than most of Benns have been) but i think if you play Schlemko further down the lineup (ie 3rd pair) then he will be as good if not better than Benn. 

55 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Once again one of the better lineups we can ice at this moment.  Not too shabby.  

18 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'm assuming Price is suffering no side effects from that incident with his knee last game? Haven't heard anything. Anybody know if he practiced today,, or did he take a therapy day?

Pretty sure he was at practice (although I cant find any news about it) but everywhere is saying he's in tonight so I suspect if there were any concerns he would have sat.

13 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Pretty sure he was at practice (although I cant find any news about it) but everywhere is saying he's in tonight so I suspect if there were any concerns he would have sat.

I haven't been able to find anything either. Didn't look good when it first happened so hopefully it doesn't lead to something serious down the road. We all know how secretive the Habs are,,, i sure wouldn't expect an update from them.:lol:

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I haven't been able to find anything either. Didn't look good when it first happened so hopefully it doesn't lead to something serious down the road. We all know how secretive the Habs are,,, i sure wouldn't expect an update from them.:lol:

His reaction was very troubling but you know sometimes you twist something funny and you're not sure just how serious it is.  He seemed to shake it off fine & looked good after that.  With the history of secrecy in this organization i think we're justified to question it but I really dont think Waite would let him play if he wasnt sure it was ok. 

23 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The NHL has rescinded Leks embellishment penalty. Now, will they do the right thing and give him the goal? :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

That's pretty good though. It was the wrong call on the ice, and I am glad it has been rescinded.

Yeah im glad to see they rescinded it.   Obviously its tough to change any other play (goal etc) and its darned good we won despite the horrible call.

Good to see them making the right call.  IIUC embellishment calls carry with them a (worsening) fine with each subsequent one so its good for Lehkonen to have it removed.  Its nice to see the league actually disagree with an official for once. 

The dumb thing about the call is - i get that one of the refs saw it as embellishment, its a fast game  - but when they actually had a mini huddle & agreed with the call? That was pretty bad. 

The Bruins played last night and they are not really good on the road this year with a record of 6-8-2.
Bergeron and Chara are still out and the Bruins only managed to win 2 games in regulation in the last 10 games.

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The Bruins played last night and they are not really good on the road this year with a record of 6-8-2.
Bergeron and Chara are still out and the Bruins only managed to win 2 games in regulation in the last 10 games.

Sadly, it often seems Montreal is where those kinds streaks and trends go to get broken. Hope I'm wrong and that's just me being pessimistic.

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Tom Chmielewski (18) 

The Bruins conclude tonight their 7th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 3-3-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 5-0-1 in the 2nd games so far. 

Just stuff.

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES 

The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for the 745th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 279-352-103-9 record and Montreal holding a 2,245-1,960 scoring edge in those games. 

The Bruins are 112-210-47-3 lifetime in Montreal with the Canadiens holding a 1,235-879 scoring advantage in those 372 contests. 

The Bruins are 7-1-0 in their last 8 games vs. the Canadiens, including a 3-0 loss in Boston on 10/27 & 3-2 win in Montreal on 11/24 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series … They have won their last 3 in Montreal with the Canadiens’ last home victory a 3-2 win on 11/8/2016. 

Fun Facts: These teams have played more games vs. each other than any other NHL opponents … Boston’s 4-game sweep of Montreal last season was their 1st vs. the Canadiens since 1994-95. 

Before the game the Canadiens will honour former Expos Vladimir Guerrero and Pedro Martinez by raising a new banner that will retire the numbers #27 and #45. The new banner will also honour #10 Rusty Staub and Andre Dawson, #8 Gary Carter and #30 Tim Raines. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

So your saying we're doomed?.:ph34r: