The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

TRADE DEADLINE FEB. 25th

H_T_L

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

Burakovsky is slightly better offensively, but way worse defensively

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

The 24 year old Burakovsky has 7 goals and 10 assists this season while the 23 year old Lehkonen has 7 goals and 17 assists." 

Uhm... 

57 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

oh I'd like to kick the tires at it

but not for any of our roster players

like a 2nd or 3rd

Id gladly trade Dlo for him.  Or Alzner.  Heck, even Weise or Thompson.   Pick 2 even! :P

Apparently, Duclair is in Torts doghouse. Could he be traded? 

Arpon Basu:

“I don’t think he knows how to play” and “He’s off the rails” are just two of the things John Tortorella said to describe Anthony Duclair...who is in the Blue Jackets lineup in a little over an hour because Artemi Panarin is out."

11G, 6A. 

Also from Basu:

"I still can’t believe what I heard from Tortorella on Duclair. I’ve never heard an NHL coach rip one of his players to shreds like that. Just prior to game time, no less. And in Duclair’s hometown."

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I don’t think he knows how to play” and “He’s off the rails” are just two of the things John Tortorella said to describe Anthony Duclair

Considering its Tortorella, those quotes sound like a love fest. :4322:

In all seriousness though, we had an opportunity this summer & apparently had no interest. I dont seem him fitting in well to Julien's style of play. 

11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Apparently, Duclair is in Torts doghouse. Could he be traded? 

Arpon Basu:

“I don’t think he knows how to play” and “He’s off the rails” are just two of the things John Tortorella said to describe Anthony Duclair...who is in the Blue Jackets lineup in a little over an hour because Artemi Panarin is out."

11G, 6A. 

Also from Basu:

"I still can’t believe what I heard from Tortorella on Duclair. I’ve never heard an NHL coach rip one of his players to shreds like that. Just prior to game time, no less. And in Duclair’s hometown."

You know the guy will score a hat trick tonight now,,,, don't you?? Coach motivation ploy.

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Uhm... 

Id gladly trade Dlo for him.  Or Alzner.  Heck, even Weise or Thompson.   Pick 2 even! :P

I mean Burakosvky in theory has more offensive skill than Lehks, but Lehks is the better two way player and an important part of our lineup.

Burakosvky is averging 11minutes a game, Lehks 16 ... so the stat line is a bit misleading

5 hours ago, habsisme said:

yes exactly, I'm not giving any top prospect or roster players unless it for a Center of LD. I actually think Duchesne could be an interesting option but only if a contract has already been negotiated. If they become UFAs I'm in on Gardiner and Duchesne  

I like trying to add at least one of the 2 through FA, I am not sure Gardiner would come to Montreal though. 

5 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

oh I'd like to kick the tires at it

but not for any of our roster players

like a 2nd or 3rd

I would go a 4th and say Ouellette or Evans

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I like trying to add at least one of the 2 through FA, I am not sure Gardiner would come to Montreal though. 

I would go a 4th and say Ouellette or Evans

Just curious cause I haven't heard anything, has Gardiner said anything or be linked to anyone. He'd be a good fit here and he may have a chip on his shoulder because Leafs aren't trying to re-sign him, and if that's the case what better place to go than their rivals, plus I think we need him more than anyone else in the league. 

He would be my target though. Adding just him would really change our lineup. 

7 minutes ago, habsisme said:

Just curious cause I haven't heard anything, has Gardiner said anything or be linked to anyone. He'd be a good fit here and he may have a chip on his shoulder because Leafs aren't trying to re-sign him, and if that's the case what better place to go than their rivals, plus I think we need him more than anyone else in the league. 

He would be my target though. Adding just him would really change our lineup. 

I agree he would be a great fit, and as far as I have heard there is no convo of him being traded or negotiating an extension. Was just assuming he would have an issue signing with the Habs as most Leafs players would.

6 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I agree he would be a great fit, and as far as I have heard there is no convo of him being traded or negotiating an extension. Was just assuming he would have an issue signing with the Habs as most Leafs players would.

OMG Gadiner is a turn over machine, not sure he even know how to play D in his own end.  Want no part of him on this team IMO, There is a reason Toronto isn't looking to resign him

Interestingly, despite probably not being very active, we are still sending out a ton of scouts over the last month.   The team has been scouting a bunch of teams but with a lot of focus on LA (even after the Thompson deal), Washington and Las Vegas (even scouting Vegas' farm team a few games).  

Makes you wonder what is up. It may well be something very minor - like maybe one of them wants Jordie Benn and we're trying to figure out what minor piece we can get in return - or if its even worth it. 

But still quite interesting to watch over the next handful of days. 

55 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Interestingly, despite probably not being very active, we are still sending out a ton of scouts over the last month.   The team has been scouting a bunch of teams but with a lot of focus on LA (even after the Thompson deal), Washington and Las Vegas (even scouting Vegas' farm team a few games).  

Makes you wonder what is up. It may well be something very minor - like maybe one of them wants Jordie Benn and we're trying to figure out what minor piece we can get in return - or if its even worth it. 

After Jordie Benn's gretzky moves last night I demand a 1st round top 5 pick ... this guy is finally blossoming into an offensive dynamo like Bobby Orr :P

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Benn and a 4th for Burokovski 

According to Eklund (i know, i know) we've enquired about Eric Staal.  Hopefully its not true. I mean I like Staal and I think he could be a huge upgrade in our bottom 6 (imagine a 4th line centred by Staal?)  but we are not in a position to be legitimate contenders and giving up quality assets for Staal would be the wrong move at this juncture imho. 

36 minutes ago, maas_art said:

According to Eklund (i know, i know) we've enquired about Eric Staal.  Hopefully its not true. I mean I like Staal and I think he could be a huge upgrade in our bottom 6 (imagine a 4th line centred by Staal?)  but we are not in a position to be legitimate contenders and giving up quality assets for Staal would be the wrong move at this juncture imho. 

Staal has a no trade list clause. I doubt we're one of the destinations he'd want.

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

We've also been scouting Anaheim, Florida, and I think Calgary to some degree if I recall. If you listen to the rumors, everyone says Bergevin is a guy who loves to have an ear on every conversation and likes to put out a lot of feelers, so it may just be gauging interest or feeling out guys they think could be available in the off-season too. But I think MB is open to listening to anything, doesn't mean he'll act. I'd peg LA and Anaheim as our most likely trade partners...

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

We've also been scouting Anaheim, Florida, and I think Calgary to some degree if I recall. If you listen to the rumors, everyone says Bergevin is a guy who loves to have an ear on every conversation and likes to put out a lot of feelers, so it may just be gauging interest or feeling out guys they think could be available in the off-season too. But I think MB is open to listening to anything, doesn't mean he'll act. I'd peg LA and Anaheim as our most likely trade partners...

I agree MB like to have an ear into everything he is also one for keeping the media out of his business so I would watch for a trade that no one is speculating us as being in on.

Bruins trade Ryan Donato and a 5th to Minny for Charlie Coyle. Trade not confirmed officially until Wild get off their plane apparently... Donato is thought of in hockey circles as a decent prospect, so this would be like us giving up a Lehkonen to get a Coyle...

In other news, Anaheim has re-signed Silfverberg to a 5-year deal, which effectively takes him off the trade market. We know MB was scouting Anaheim heavily, moreso thought to be related to Fowler, but this does indicate Anaheim's game plan might have changed.

I was watching the Av's game last night, and man would Nakita Zadorov(SP) ever look great in a habs uniform.  He plays a good defensive game, not great by any means but the kid has a toughness and hitting ability that we could certainly use on the back end.  I'm sure the price would be relatively small in comparison to some of the deals being mentioned

12 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Bruins trade Ryan Donato and a 5th to Minny for Charlie Coyle. Trade not confirmed officially until Wild get off their plane apparently... Donato is thought of in hockey circles as a decent prospect, so this would be like us giving up a Lehkonen to get a Coyle...

That seems like a huge amount to give up for Coyle, Donato looked prettu decent at the world juniors and not sure Coyle is a top 6 forward

2 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

I was watching the Av's game last night, and man would Nakita Zadorov(SP) ever look great in a habs uniform.  He plays a good defensive game, not great by any means but the kid has a toughness and hitting ability that we could certainly use on the back end.  I'm sure the price would be relatively small in comparison to some of the deals being mentioned

Worth a Look fr sue if he is truly available

3 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Im not sure the Avs would part with him just yet but yeah Id inquire if the price wasnt too high. nikita zadorov is that rare mix of massive frame (i think he's 6'5") and good skating. He's probably going to tap out at a #4-5 but he'd likely be an upgrade over Reilly right now. I think he'd look solid next to Petry.

Mete-Weber
Zadorov-Petry
Relly/Kulak-Benn/Folin

3 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

That seems like a huge amount to give up for Coyle, Donato looked prettu decent at the world juniors and not sure Coyle is a top 6 forward

I think the Bruins feel like their window is closing.  Chara is over 40. Bergeron is 33, Krejci is 32, Marchand is 30  etc. They've got some good young players in the pipeline but their top 4-5 players are all basically at their peak or on their decline.    Can they win now? Probably not but if they're not ready to rebuild then trying a few deals like this could give them that little push for one last cup run. 

16 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I think the Bruins feel like their window is closing.  Chara is over 40. Bergeron is 33, Krejci is 32, Marchand is 30  etc. They've got some good young players in the pipeline but their top 4-5 players are all basically at their peak or on their decline.    Can they win now? Probably not but if they're not ready to rebuild then trying a few deals like this could give them that little push for one last cup run. 

Yeah, I'm sure the Bruins look at this as a "last kick at the can" situation before they have to rebuild.

• H_T_L locked this topic