The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:30 PM ET Columbus @ Montreal SN2, RDS, FS-O

kinot-2

TONITE WE WELCOME THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS TO THE BELL.

7:30 PM ET  Columbus @ Montreal  SN2, RDS, FS-O

THE COLUMBUS CANNON ONLY WENT OFF ONCE LAST NIGHT, AS THEY WERE THRASHED 5-1 BY TAMPA BAY IN COLUMBUS.

THEY WILL BE ANGRY, TORTS WILL BE MAD, THEY WILL HAVE THE KILLER INSTINCT. 

SO, HERE WE ARE, WITH THE HABS HANGING ON BY TENDERHOOKS TO THE LAST WILD CARD SPOT.

NOW, TSN IS REPORTING THAT DANAULT WILL NOT PLAY AS HE HAS A FAMILY MATTER, (THEY ALSO SAID THAT HIS WIFE IS EXPECTING). 

TSN ALSO SAID THAT BYRON WILL NOT PLAY, BUT IS SKATING.

THOMPSON WILL FILL DANAULT'S SPOT BETWEEN TATAR AND GALLY.

34 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TONITE WE WELCOME THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS TO THE BELL.

NOW, TSN IS REPORTING THAT DANAULT WILL NOT PLAY AS HE HAS A FAMILY MATTER, (THEY ALSO SAID THAT HIS WIFE IS EXPECTING). 

THOMPSON WILL FILL DANAULT'S SPOT BETWEEN TATAR AND GALLY.

Ugg   You know, i really do like CJ but some of his moves make me :5155:

Danault out = the perfect opportunity to move JK up to the top line.  I really would love to see what JK can do with skilled wingers. 

BW, when did Tatar get reunited with Gally? Wouldnt it be Thompson in between Drouin & Gally  or have they put Drouin - Domi - Shaw back together?

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Ugg   You know, i really do like CJ but some of his moves make me :5155:

Danault out = the perfect opportunity to move JK up to the top line.  I really would love to see what JK can do with skilled wingers. 

BW, when did Tatar get reunited with Gally? Wouldnt it be Thompson in between Drouin & Gally  or have they put Drouin - Domi - Shaw back together?

FWIW, Jonathan Bernier (not sure who he is):

"Julien brasse sa soupe ce matin:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Thompson (Danault absent)-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Shaw
Hudon-Peca-Weise

Deslauriers en extra"

But Byron will not play. So, not sure what the lines are now. Names in the hat?

20 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

FWIW, Jonathan Bernier (not sure who he is):

"Julien brasse sa soupe ce matin:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Thompson (Danault absent)-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Shaw
Hudon-Peca-Weise

Deslauriers en extra"

But Byron will not play. So, not sure what the lines are now. Names in the hat?

Yikes.  They arent quite "Therrible" - mostly because we have a lot of good quality depth forwards - but thats a lof of changes. There's some things I like there (Would definitely try Domi/Drouin again, I like the idea of Shat + JK, Im glad Hudon and Peca are both in & DLo is out) but there's some others (Armia on the top line? Thompson in the top 6?  Byron + JK does not work, imho. ) that Im not crazy about. 

BTW, where is Lehkonen?  Therapy day or? Maybe Byron taking Lehks' spot knowing he wont play tonight. 

Stu Cowan reports them as :

The lines

With Danault missing and Byron returning, here’s how the forward lines looked at Tuesday’s morning skate

Tatar – Thompson – Gallagher
Drouin – Domi – Armia
Lehkonen/Byron – Kotkaniemi – Shaw
Hudon – Peca – Weise
Deslauriers

I assume if Byron is not playing then its Lehkonen and Shaw with JK

It should be 

Tatar - JK - Gallagher

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Lehkonen - Thompson - Shaw

Hudon - Peca - Weise

But meh, whatever ... a loss tonight and Carolina getting a point and we're out of a playoff spot.

7 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

ok I need to vent

Nate Thompson ... and his career high 10g,15a way back in 2010/2011 is on the top line?

Its pretty silly, and all the more strange with the blendered lines.   Like, if your other top lines are clicking well I get why you may put a placeholder in Danault's spot for a game or 2 but with us already shifting around lines why on earth put NT up the roster so high?

Engels:

"Julien says there’s a good chance Petry will play. Byron could play, but doesn’t have the green light yet, so don’t count on it."

John LU: "Julien says Petry (therapy day) probably will play and that his absence this morning was not injury-related. Byron (forearm) might play if he gets medical clearance this afternoon. Danault (family reasons) is questionable."

So, to sum it all up, Petry might play, Byron might not play, and Danault is questionable. :blink:

18 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Engels:

"Julien says there’s a good chance Petry will play. Byron could play, but doesn’t have the green light yet, so don’t count on it."

John LU: "Julien says Petry (therapy day) probably will play and that his absence this morning was not injury-related. Byron (forearm) might play if he gets medical clearance this afternoon. Danault (family reasons) is questionable."

So, to sum it all up, Petry might play, Byron might not play, and Danault is questionable. :blink:

Danault being questionable is the one thing that *maybe* makes sense from a "why the heck is nate thompson playing on the top line" standpoint.  They want the other lines (domi-Drouin, Jk-Shaw etc) to gel and Thompson is merely a placeholder in case Danault can step back in during game-time.   Still doesnt explain why Jk isnt given better linemates but be thankful for small mercies:  Dlo seems to have dropped below Hudon and Peca in the depth chart right now. 

• H_T_L pinned this topic
BLUE JACKETS CANADIENS
69 (10th) Points (rank) 69 (12th)
33-22-3 Record 31-21-7
18-9-1 Away/Home 17-10-4
5-5-0 Last 10 4-4-2
3.21 GF/G 2.95
3.03 GA/G 2.95
15.7 PP% 12.9
82.9 PK% 79.4
49.95  CF%  53.93

Projected forward lines, defense pairings and goaltenders
Forwards
Panarin – Dubois – Atkinson
Foligno – Jenner – Anderson
Robinson – Wennberg – Bjorkstrand
Nash – Dubinsky – Sedlak
Drouin – Domi – Armia
Tatar – Danault (GTD) – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Kotkaniemi – Shaw
Hudon – Thompson – Byron
Defensemen
 Werenski – Jones
Nutivaara – Savard
 Harrington – Kukan
Mete – Weber
Reilly – Petry
   Kulak – Benn
Out of the lineup
Scratched: Duclair, Clendening
Injured: Murray, Hannikainen
Scratched: Folin, Peca, Deslauriers
Injured: none
Goalies
Sergei Bobrovsky Carey Price

20 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Artemi Panarin is sick, he is out tonight, per Blue Jackets. Let the speculation begin :lol:

John Lu: "Panarin won’t face #Habs tonight due to illness. Torts was emphatic that Panarin’s absence is not to protect a potential trade asset: “He’s SICK.." 

There's more but there's swearing involved :lol: .