Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs — Round 2


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Netcase2 said:

Illegal check to the head us NOT a minor penalty!

Hope PS has a look at it, but nothing will happen cuz it's the ruins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a textbook pick of the head on an unsuspecting opponent with McAvoy also leaving his feet slightly. And apparently Sutherland called it a major and then got talked out of it by the other officials. So once again, the commissioner's pet Bruins get off easy. Even the Bruins' media thought it should have been a match penalty and they're the biggest homers outside of the Oilers and Leafs media.

In any case, I'm willing to say the odds are 99%+ that the DPS suspends McAvoy. I do think we're going to be disappointed by the length of the suspension though. IMO, it should be a 3 game suspension, especially given that he was allowed to stay in a potential series-clinching game. Brutal break for Columbus though, and even if McAvoy gets suspended, it only helps them if they're able to come back and win this one first. Otherwise, they just get screwed over with no actual compensation for the headshot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between this and the SJ-VGK call that was a blown call on a major that shouldn't have been called, as well as the failure to call anything on Debrusk for his knee of Kadri, the refs have basically altered the outcome of the playoffs and pushed SJ and Bos on when they should both be out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

It was a textbook pick of the head on an unsuspecting opponent with McAvoy also leaving his feet slightly. And apparently Sutherland called it a major and then got talked out of it by the other officials. 

We know who the other ref is. The (I don't know what the hell  i'm doing) incompetent  Kozari

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

We know who the other ref is. The (I don't know what the hell  i'm doing) incompetent  Kozari

Yup. Kozari has an agenda when he refs. Wasn't too bad when he entered the league, but over time, he's shown clear bias when he refs, much like Tim Peel. It's a shame, cause Sutherland is generally a good ref. Lots of speculation the talk among officials was "the league blamed our colleagues for over-calling the SJ-Vegas call, so let's be cautious here."

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It's all good if the Jackets get eliminated tonight. I'm sure the League will step up and apologize for the blown call tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure the league will apologize again. They got lambasted in the media for not sticking up for their officials. We all know PR is more important to them than doing what's right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha, reporter between the benches said Kozari told Tortarella the refs didn't see the hit and couldn't make the call...

1. That's embarrassing if 4 officials miss a hit where the puck is.

2. How did they call the 2 minute penalty if they didn't see it?

3. How did they call the penalty a hit to the head if they didn't know what was hit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Ha, reporter between the benches said Kozari told Tortarella the refs didn't see the hit and couldn't make the call...

1. That's embarrassing if 4 officials miss a hit where the puck is.

2. How did they call the 2 minute penalty if they didn't see it?

3. How did they call the penalty a hit to the head if they didn't know what was hit?

Ruins dirty play tactics in the playoffs are commonplace and accepted by officials. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Ha, reporter between the benches said Kozari told Tortarella the refs didn't see the hit and couldn't make the call...

1. That's embarrassing if 4 officials miss a hit where the puck is.

2. How did they call the 2 minute penalty if they didn't see it?

3. How did they call the penalty a hit to the head if they didn't know what was hit?

I thought the 2 linesmen can't make any calls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I thought the 2 linesmen can't make any calls. 

Actually, linesmen are allowed to blow play dead and report penalties to the referee that fall into the category of major/match penalties and unsporstmanlike penalties. So yes, they would be allowed to do it in this case IF they thought it warranted a major, and they are allowed to advise the ref if they saw it on whether the penalty should be a major instead of a minor. The fact they didn't do it means they also claim to have missed seeing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Actually, linesmen are allowed to blow play dead and report penalties to the referee that fall into the category of major/match penalties and unsporstmanlike penalties. So yes, they would be allowed to do it in this case IF they thought it warranted a major, and they are allowed to advise the ref if they saw it on whether the penalty should be a major instead of a minor. The fact they didn't do it means they also claim to have missed seeing it.

TKS :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...