The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll: Habs move home game start times

BigTed3

Do you like the team's decision to move all their home game starts to 7PM (instead of 7:30PM for weeknights)?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the team's decision to move all their home game starts to 7PM (instead of 7:30PM for weeknights)?

I think it's good to have a mix. You want some earlier games to attract kids and families, but on the other hand, I personally like the later starts and most young kids are going to games on weekends and not school nights... I was okay with the way it was and I think they're fixing something that wasn't broken. Apparently local restaurant owners were he ones who had petitioned the later starts to be able to increase pre-game business, so it's probably a downer for them that games are being moved up. I also wonder if the earlier starts during the week might increase traffic congestion downtown. I don't see a huge benefit to this...

15 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

This completely 100% sucks for me. I live in SK so October & March are now 5 pm & the rest of the season is now 6. I work till six.  The start time was ok before but now I’ll be missing a lot especially the 5 pm start times since my province doesn’t  fall back or spring forward.

:4224:

52 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I actually prefer a little later the 7:30 or even 8:00. If you're going to a game with friends family it's nice to go out for a bite before and a 7:00 start now it's the early bird special. I don't have a problem getting home a little later.

Buy tickets to games the Habs have a ceremony before the game starts. :)

16 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

This completely 100% sucks for me. I live in SK so October & March are now 5 pm & the rest of the season is now 6. I work till six.  The start time was ok before but now I’ll be missing a lot especially the 5 pm start times since my province doesn’t  fall back or spring forward.

Actual start time for me is 4. :P    I actually dont really have a preference but probably would if i was going to the actual games. 

• H_T_L locked this topic