Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Wed, Sep 18 7:00 PM ET Florida @ Montreal SN1, TVAS, NHLN, TSN 690


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

BATHURST - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured by head coach Claude Julien at Wednesday's morning skate at the KC Irving Centre ahead of the Kraft Hockeyville game against the Florida Panthers.

Tatar - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Cousins - Poehling - Barber/Vejdemo
Peca - Evans - Belzile

Chiarot - Petry
Reilly - Folin
Leskinen - Fleury/Lamarche

Lindgren
McNiven

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm most interested in watching Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Leskinen ...  JK to see what progress he's made, Poehling to see if he still belongs on the big club or needs a year in AHL and Leskinen if he might be an upgrade to Kulak/Reilly/Folin as it seems Juulsen may be suffering post-concussion syndrome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

BATHURST - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured by head coach Claude Julien at Wednesday's morning skate at the KC Irving Centre ahead of the Kraft Hockeyville game against the Florida Panthers.

Tatar - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Cousins - Poehling - Barber/Vejdemo
Peca - Evans - Belzile

Chiarot - Petry
Reilly - Folin
Leskinen - Fleury/Lamarche

Lindgren
McNiven

I'm a little disappointed that it seems so far they aren't giving Poehling the same "level" of wingers as they have been Suzuki. Unless they feel Suzuki needs the higher level personnel more. It could also be that they see them playing different roles. I think they may look at Poehling as a future Eller who I really liked. I do believe that Poehling has a higher ceiling than that though and I hope he stays with the big club. I'd have no problem with Suzuki and Poehling both making the team , even if they are inserted in and out of the line up depending on opponent match ups and so on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

I'm a little disappointed that it seems so far they aren't giving Poehling the same "level" of wingers as they have been Suzuki. Unless they feel Suzuki needs the higher level personnel more. It could also be that they see them playing different roles. I think they may look at Poehling as a future Eller who I really liked. I do believe that Poehling has a higher ceiling than that though and I hope he stays with the big club. I'd have no problem with Suzuki and Poehling both making the team , even if they are inserted in and out of the line up depending on opponent match ups and so on.

I think its the bold part. I agree it would be nice to see Poehling play with better wingers but its also going to be interesting to see who they play with as the team starts cutting players... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  I'm more interested in seeing guys who are assumed to be AHLers just  to check on their progress and the chances they might  be called on if injuries happen  ...Vejdemo , Belzile ,Fleury ,  Leskinen and Lamarche  for tonight's game ...another look at Cousins ,  Barber and Evans won't hurt either ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

  I'm more interested in seeing guys who are assumed to be AHLers just  to check on their progress and the chances they might  be called on if injuries happen  ...Vejdemo , Belzile ,Fleury ,  Leskinen and Lamarche  for tonight's game ...another look at Cousins ,  Barber and Evans won't hurt either ...

For sure. its the bubble guys that make the preseason interesting.   Cousins & Thompson both look like guys who know the youngsters are chomping at their heels.  

For Vets with guaranteed spots its often prudent not to do too much - get yourself game ready at your own pace - but the bubble guys will be flying.

I would put Hudon & McCarron in that discussion too, even though both have had many chances in the past.  So far Hudon looks good. McCarron, sadly, is injured again.  One has to wonder if this is it for him. Gustav Olofsson is another guy i was really excited to see - i still think he's got the potential to be one of our top 6 best dmen - but he's once again injured (shoulder injury).  Poor kid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...