Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, Sep 19 7:00 PM ET Florida @ Montreal TSN2, RDS


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The PP still looks stinky. It's no surprise that the coaching staff still can't figure it out. I mean, they were unable to figure it out through 82 games last season. Why would they be able to solve the problem now?

You would think that the kids fighting for a roster spot would be chomping  at the bit to stand in front of that net and fight like hell for that dirty goal. Watching last night, one can only conclude that this coaching staff wants nothing but perimeter play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

You would think that the kids fighting for a roster spot would be chomping  at the bit to stand in front of that net and fight like hell for that dirty goal. Watching last night, one can only conclude that this coaching staff wants nothing but perimeter play.

Enter the zone. Stand in your spot. Lose the puck. Do it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Also. I hope McNiven gets the game tonight. Lindgren finished last night with a 0.857 save percentage. I really don't want the organization to give up on McNiven because Lindgren played okay for us two years ago. And I really can't imagine Lindgren winning the back-up job from Kincaid.

If i'm not mistaken Charlie would need to clear waivers this year to be sent to Laval although  I doubt there would be much interest. My guess is they just want to make sure it's the right move before giving up on him. Pretty sure the plan is Primeau and McNiven on the farm so it's Kinkaids job to lose behind Price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No repeats tonight.

Canadiens players who suited up in New Brunswick will enjoy a day off on Thursday and won't be in uniform versus Florida. Julien will put the rest of the group through a morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard beginning at 10:30 a.m. That's when we should have more information on the Habs' lineup.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The PP still looks stinky. It's no surprise that the coaching staff still can't figure it out. I mean, they were unable to figure it out through 82 games last season. Why would they be able to solve the problem now?

In fairness we only have a 1/2 roster on any given night.  Until we have the complete group i think we need to reserve judgement.

That said, I have a worrisome feeling that the coaching staff is chalking up the poor PP to "bad luck" which turned into "low confidence" last year.  So, basically, we'll keep the status quo & then hope for different results.  Hopefully im wrong on that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

In fairness we only have a 1/2 roster on any given night.  Until we have the complete group i think we need to reserve judgement.

That said, I have a worrisome feeling that the coaching staff is chalking up the poor PP to "bad luck" which turned into "low confidence" last year.  So, basically, we'll keep the status quo & then hope for different results.  Hopefully im wrong on that. 

From what I saw last year and so far this preseason I'd say Drouin at the point is a no-go for me. Still don't see any improved intensity or desire on his part period... all talk this summer... definitely a trade candidate IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

In fairness we only have a 1/2 roster on any given night.  Until we have the complete group i think we need to reserve judgement.

That said, I have a worrisome feeling that the coaching staff is chalking up the poor PP to "bad luck" which turned into "low confidence" last year.  So, basically, we'll keep the status quo & then hope for different results.  Hopefully im wrong on that. 

Yeah... if it's status quo for the PP, then we're probably going to see continued failure. I mean, maybe it won't be AS terrible, but it's not going to be above average. You're right, I guess I should wait until the roster is closer to what we'll see for game one, but... I just can't help but remain skeptical while watching them out there early in preseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah... if it's status quo for the PP, then we're probably going to see continued failure. I mean, maybe it won't be AS terrible, but it's not going to be above average. You're right, I guess I should wait until the roster is closer to what we'll see for game one, but... I just can't help but remain skeptical while watching them out there early in preseason.

Add in the fact that our PP was a rotating door of players last year and despite that we saw the same results. Seems to me it's the strategy that's flawed and not the players being utilized. I agree we likely are seeing only a half roster at a time but i'm not seeing any difference in our approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Add in the fact that our PP was a rotating door of players last year and despite that we saw the same results. Seems to me it's the strategy that's flawed and not the players being utilized. I agree we likely are seeing only a half roster at a time but i'm not seeing any difference in our approach.

I agree. It is hard to evaluate the PP at this stage due to the matchups they face and the line-up we assemble. I will refrain from judgement until the last couple of preseason games and the start of the regular season. But I will note we already have 2 short handed goals and this makes the PP look even worse. Having Weber to start the season should make a difference. Cousins has also shown he can be a good play maker and may surprise, but Drouin needs to find his game. It is still early and some of the veterans may just be getting into their stride. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...