The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed, Oct 9 7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Buffalo SN, RDS, TSN 690

kinot-2

TONITE OUR HABS ARE IN BUFFALO

Wed, Oct 9  7:00 PM ET  Montreal @ Buffalo  SN, RDS, TSN 690

KINCAID GETS THE START.

The Montreal Canadiens best be prepared to pick up the pace on Wednesday as they begin a stretch of three contests in four nights by concluding their season-opening three-game road trip against the Buffalo Sabres.

The Canadiens, who split two shootout decisions to begin the campaign, dropped three of four meetings last season to their Atlantic Division rivals, including two in overtime.

Jonathan Drouin followed up an assist in Montreal's season-opening 4-3 loss against the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday with a timely tally two days later to help the Canadiens ignite a four-goal flurry in a 6-5 victory versus the Toronto Maple Leafs.

• H_T_L pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

This is the 284th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 129-113-41 series record.

The Sabres are 74-40-27 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

Yet I've never seen them lose in Buffalo.in person. I even saw red light Racicot beat them once.:ph34r:

Just now, H_T_L said:

I even saw red light Racicot beat them once.:ph34r:

Poor RLR :P   He really wasnt that bad. for the era, his GAA and SV was not horrendous. He just had the unenviable task of playing in the shadow of probably the greatest goalie of all time.   

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Poor RLR :P   He really wasnt that bad. for the era, his GAA and SV was not horrendous. He just had the unenviable task of playing in the shadow of probably the greatest goalie of all time.   

I actually have his autograph somewhere. I didn't have the guts to ask him to sign it Red Light.:lol:

40 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

IMO we need to beat the Barfs & Dead Wings of the league or we won't be going anywhere come playoff time. 

Yep we have some tough games to start the season so we need this and Detroit at the very least. the good part is we will know after the first ten games or so what we really have. i have to say i have liked the push back we had in the first two games.

57 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yep we have some tough games to start the season so we need this and Detroit at the very least. the good part is we will know after the first ten games or so what we really have. i have to say i have liked the push back we had in the first two games.

A good start would be nice. 

12 minutes ago, maas_art said:

weird they are switching out the whole pair. 

I can't remember the last time that switches were made so late on game day,,,,, and both of them? 

Perhaps a trade is in the works. I would guess someone might go to the Peg for a pick or it could just be a night to get the boys off the bench in a back to back situation. A little competition on the backend can't hurt. Folin and Reilly should be pumped after watching and not starting. I am sure there is a message there somewhere.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic