The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tue, Nov 5 7:30 PM ET Boston @ Montreal NBCSN, TSN2, RDS

kinot-2

TONITE, OUR HABS WELCOME TO THE CONFINES OF THE BELL CENTER 

HabsvsBruins-header-image.jpg

1st game of the season between the 2 teams.

Bruins will be playing the 2nd half of a back to back. They played Pens Monday where they won 6-4.

In his last 8 games against us Rask is 6-1-1.

CJ will be coaching his 1,200th game and Chara will be playing in his 1,500th game. 

Rask has been the NHL’s best in the early going with a league-best 1.49 GAA and a .949 SP en route to a 7-0-1 record. 

Carey has a 6-4-1 record and his 2.64 goals-against average ranks 25th in the NHL, while his .915 save percentage is 28th. 

Poehling will centre the third line with Artturi Lehkonen and Paul Byron, while Nick Suzuki returns to the fourth line with Nate Thompson and Nick Cousins.

Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak extended lengthy point streaks Monday. The pesky Marchand had two goals and three assists — he has 10 goals and 18 assists in his run. He’s second in the NHL scoring race with 28 points and has the best plus/minus rating (plus-15). Pastrnak had a goal and an assist Monday and has points in 13 consecutive games with 14 goals and 15 assists. He leads the NHL with 29 points and is the top goal-scorer with 14. 

27 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yikes! Pastnak and Marchand are rolling at a 2 ppg pace. That's frightening. I hope we don't get beaten TOO badly.

Stop that line & win the game.  Its that simple (I know, not simple, they are amazing) but after that line- Pastrnak (29) Marchand (28) Bergeron (15) -  they fall off a cliff.  Aside from Torey Krug (11) their next leading scorer has 6 points. 

Id be tempted to play Lehks on the top line tonight (Lehks - Danault - Gallagher) and just try and smother them all night.   Tatar is going to have his hands full with Pastrnak. 

46 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Stop that line & win the game.  Its that simple (I know, not simple, they are amazing) but after that line- Pastrnak (29) Marchand (28) Bergeron (15) -  they fall off a cliff.  Aside from Torey Krug (11) their next leading scorer has 6 points. 

Id be tempted to play Lehks on the top line tonight (Lehks - Danault - Gallagher) and just try and smother them all night.   Tatar is going to have his hands full with Pastrnak. 

Might be worth considering. But... alas... I don't think swapping Lehkonen for Tatar on that line will make a whole world of difference. Pastrnak and co. will find their way out against less defensively competent competition at some point. Not to mention that none of our defensive pairings will probably be able to capably handle them.

23 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Might be worth considering. But... alas... I don't think swapping Lehkonen for Tatar on that line will make a whole world of difference. Pastrnak and co. will find their way out against less defensively competent competition at some point. Not to mention that none of our defensive pairings will probably be able to capably handle them.

I actually think we'll do ok.  Just a gut feeling but i think we're going to jump out to a lead & never look back.  3-0 Habs. 

59 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I actually think we'll do ok.  Just a gut feeling but i think we're going to jump out to a lead & never look back.  3-0 Habs. 

I agree, should not be hard to get up for this game. Going to predict that Poehling gets a goal as well. Hope you are correct about him sticking for the season. 

3 minutes ago, claremont said:

We may need three clones of Claude Provost to shadow each member of their top line - umm you youngins may not get that! 

Yup, remember him following Hull all over the ice. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic