The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sat, Nov 30 3:00 PM ET Philadelphia @ Montreal SN, RDS, NBCSP , TSN 690 Radio.

kinot-2

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Looking like a classic "refs shut their eyes for two periods then call a bunch of penalties against us in the 3rd" type of game.

I know this won't sit well ... but only one team takes less PIM per game than us, the Jets.   We're the 2nd least penalized team per 60 mins this year.

2 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I know this won't sit well ... but only one team takes less PIM per game than us, the Jets.   We're the 2nd least penalized team per 60 mins this year.

Sure, it's mainly the non-calls and inconsistency that's bugged me this year. It usually is.

2 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Methinks what Ted is saying is that We should be getting more PPs. 

6 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

sure ... there we're even too ... 76 PP for, 77 against ... we're tied with 3 teams for 76 pp and 5 teams have had less.    

But we are 16th and smack in the middle in terms of PIM differential and we have only 1 major penalty the entire year, whereas other teams have many more, which contributes to their penalty minute totals without actually yielding powerplays. And of course two things that aren't captured by PIM stats:

- how many should-have-been penalties were NOT called

- when in the games the penalties were called. Don't know if this stat is anywhere, but would be curious to know the penalty differential when the score is even or one goal apart... some of the calls come late in games that are already decided and they mean less.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic