The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wed, Dec 11 7:30 PM ET Ottawa @ Montreal SN, RDS

H_T_L

PP goals  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will be scored on the PP from BOTH teams tonight added together??

• H_T_L pinned this topic
4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

What's the definition of trap game you ask???

See title of this thread.

This is the NHL , there are no "gimmie" or easy games. A hot goalie bad bounces a couple defensive break downs , and with the salary cap the difference between the very top teams and the bottom aren't really that far apart anymore. Play a full 60 minutes and play solid defensively and hope for the best. "Will over skill".

12 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

This is the NHL , there are no "gimmie" or easy games. A hot goalie bad bounces a couple defensive break downs. THE ZEBRAS , and with the salary cap the difference between the very top teams and the bottom aren't really that far apart anymore. Play a full 60 minutes and play solid defensively and hope for the best. "Will over skill".

You forgot one.

3 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I'll say 4-2 HABS win!    Poehling , Suzuki, Armia , Petry score tonight! Suzuki gets a pp goal!

You forgot to provide us with who got the assists on those goals. :lol:

3 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Any line combo's released yet?

Montreal Canadiens projected lineup

Forwards

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
Tomas Tatar Phillip Danault Brendan Gallagher
Artturi Lehkonen Max Domi Joel Armia
Nick Cousins Nick Suzuki Jordan Weal
Ryan Poehling Nate Thompson Riley Barber

Defencemen

Left Defence Right Defence
Ben Chiarot Shea Weber
Brett Kulak Jeff Petry
Otto Leskinen Cale Fleury

Goaltenders

Goaltenders
Cayden Primeau
Carey Price

49 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Montreal Canadiens projected lineup

Forwards

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
Tomas Tatar Phillip Danault Brendan Gallagher
Artturi Lehkonen Max Domi Joel Armia
Nick Cousins Nick Suzuki Jordan Weal
Ryan Poehling Nate Thompson Riley Barber

Defencemen

Left Defence Right Defence
Ben Chiarot Shea Weber
Brett Kulak Jeff Petry
Otto Leskinen Cale Fleury

Goaltenders

Goaltenders
Cayden Primeau
Carey Price

Wouldn't mind seeing Poehling /Cousins switched. A little extra size with Suzuki and you'd have a right and left hand center for draws if needed. Otherwise I'm good with these lines. Also thanks for the info!

37 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

If Cayden Primeau is in net would be great to see him get his first victory. With many many more to come. Domi gets two goals to lead the attack.

Absolutely! I think it might help having him in net being a home game. The team seems to try to do to much at home and with the kid in net may pay attention to detail defensively a little more. Love to see him have his first win at the Bell Center!

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Poehling /Cousins switched. A little extra size with Suzuki and you'd have a right and left hand center for draws if needed. Otherwise I'm good with these lines. Also thanks for the info!

I think given how Poehling has performed in Laval and the 4 game stint earlier, management isn't sold on him right now.

43 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

I think given how Poehling has performed in Laval and the 4 game stint earlier, management isn't sold on him right now.

5 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

He has been good the last couple of games, i think he had a slow start and then got hurt but he seems to be humming along now.

Agreed, he's been very good the last few games in Laval. I think he was a bit surprised to be starting in Laval but once he realized he had a bit of work to do & started to work on the things Bouchard wanted him to, he's been doing much better.  I expect a strong game from him.

I sort of understand putting him on the 4th line to start.  could easily see him up higher if Julien shortens the bench to 3 lines. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic