Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

ALL STAR game


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

I used to watch it when I was younger but it is really just a farce on ice. No real hockey involved. If it was back to the old 5 on 5 format where skilled guys actually played with passion then yeah I would watch but the guys play lazy neither team trying or with emotion it's boring. The skills I do like to watch though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I used to watch it when I was younger but it is really just a farce on ice. No real hockey involved. If it was back to the old 5 on 5 format where skilled guys actually played with passion then yeah I would watch but the guys play lazy neither team trying or with emotion it's boring. The skills I do like to watch though.

I remember one time when Jeremy Roenick was at the ASG, and he threw a hit, just a medium one, and the announcers were all over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ASG is a complete waste of time, used to watch the skills competition but even that has become a joke.  I would prefer them to play an actual game where winning actually ment something.  Say like baseball where winning team got home ice advantage for the Stanley cup.  In it's current form I think I would rather watch soaps with my wife :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, H_T_L said:

Anybody going to watch any of this??

As for me,,,, depends on what's on, or what i have taped. :lol:

If I wanted to watch a game where both teams just traded chances and no one played defence, I would just tune in to a regular Habs game. At least hey count for something in the standings!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though I probably wont watch thought it would be fun to predict the winners from each catagory

Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater - McDavid

Bud Light NHL Save Streak - Hellebuyck

Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting - Huberdeau

Enterprise NHL Hardest Shot - Weber (2nd pick would be hedman)

Gatorade NHL Shooting Stars -  This is a tough one as it has never been done before and no-one would have practiced it like ever but I am going with Kane he has enough skill to pull it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The women's game was interesting. 

It was. Liked the speed of the game and that Canada won lol.

Saw an interesting proposal today in an article on how to make the all start game more interesting. The proposal was an over and back rule like that in basketball. Only the rule would be no intentional passes outside of the offensive zone to regroup. The penalty I would impose would be the same as icing now you have to start in your own zone, can't change and the other team chooses which side the face off is on. This should actually apply to the regular season OT as well.

The shooting star was interesting as well thought the targets were kind of big when I first saw it but they turned out to be perfect sizes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

It was. Liked the speed of the game and that Canada won lol.

Saw an interesting proposal today in an article on how to make the all start game more interesting. The proposal was an over and back rule like that in basketball. Only the rule would be no intentional passes outside of the offensive zone to regroup. The penalty I would impose would be the same as icing now you have to start in your own zone, can't change and the other team chooses which side the face off is on. This should actually apply to the regular season OT as well.

The shooting star was interesting as well thought the targets were kind of big when I first saw it but they turned out to be perfect sizes

I really like this. The 3 on 3 now sometimes is actually boring. This would keep the game the way it should be. It's a gimmick anyway so why not. Or just let them play a regular OT. I actually think the 4 on 4 was better, because of the strategy used now in 3 on 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, campabee82 said:

 

The shooting star was interesting as well thought the targets were kind of big when I first saw it but they turned out to be perfect sizes

Watched a couple minutes of that. It's all I could take.:lol: What the hell was the purpose of all those targets on the ice when the only one they were shooting at was the 10 point net, of which they missed about 80% of the time? Pretty lame to me. Reinforces why most people pass on this tragedy on ice ( in this case it wasn't even on ice LOL)

Looking forward to this thing being over so we can watch hockey again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Watched a couple minutes of that. It's all I could take.:lol: What the hell was the purpose of all those targets on the ice when the only one they were shooting at was the 10 point net, of which they missed about 80% of the time? Pretty lame to me. Reinforces why most people pass on this tragedy on ice ( in this case it wasn't even on ice LOL)

Looking forward to this thing being over so we can watch hockey again.

Like I said I didn't mind it but could have been better at least it shows how much skill is involved in shooting it's not just slap a puck and score and that isn't a knock on slap shots either lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Like I said I didn't mind it but could have been better at least it shows how much skill is involved in shooting it's not just slap a puck and score and that isn't a knock on slap shots either lol

I think if they had been smart they would have picked fans to shoot at that thing and awarded them some signed memorabilia if they scored. I think that would have been entertaining.:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think if they had been smart they would have picked fans to shoot at that thing and awarded them some signed memorabilia if they scored. I think that would have been entertaining.:lol:

I just looked at the stats for all four teams, and there was only 1 hit thrown, and that was by Weber.  :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I just looked at the stats for all four teams, and there was only 1 hit thrown, and that was by Weber.  :4224:

I'm sure nobody cares. Without using goggle,,,, who knows which team won this thing last year?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...