The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Mon, Jan 27 7:00 PM ET Washington vs Montreal TSN2, RDS, NBCSWA, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-2

COME ONE, COME ALL TO WATCH THE HABS TAKE ON THE CAPTAINLESS CAPITALS.

TONITE AT 7 PM. est. or OTHER TIMES AS WARRANTED, AT THE BELL CENTER 

GET YOUR POST ASG FIX HERE. 

OTHER STUFF TO BE POSTED SHORT WITH. :P

Ovechkin was red-hot before the break, scoring eight goals over a three-game span, including back-to-back hat tricks in a 5-2 win over New Jersey and a dramatic 6-4 come-from-behind victory at the New York Islanders on Jan. 18 in their final game before the layoff.

• H_T_L pinned this topic
24 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

GO HABS GO!!! I know the odds are against us. That is why a great run into the playoffs would be so sweet!!!

Agree.  If this team did manage to squeak in I feel theyd be riding a huge high too - tons of confidence - and I could see them actually winning a round or two. 

11 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Agree.  If this team did manage to squeak in I feel theyd be riding a huge high too - tons of confidence - and I could see them actually winning a round or two. 

The fate of this team, this season, rests on one player and only one player.   It's deja vu like every season for the past 5-6 ... Carey Price.    If Price plays like the MVP/Vezina level he did, there's a chance we make the playoffs.   If Price plays the way he did for good stretches of this season, there's zero chance we do. 

It's not just about him stopping the puck.   This team just seems to surrender if Carey gives up more than 2 unless they were already leading by a fair bit.    Any adversity and they seem to crumble.

18 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

The fate of this team, this season, rests on one player and only one player.   It's deja vu like every season for the past 5-6 ... Carey Price.    If Price plays like the MVP/Vezina level he did, there's a chance we make the playoffs.   If Price plays the way he did for good stretches of this season, there's zero chance we do. 

It's not just about him stopping the puck.   This team just seems to surrender if Carey gives up more than 2 unless they were already leading by a fair bit.    Any adversity and they seem to crumble.

i feel like the confidence is coming back slightly - but i agree there's no way we go anywhere if Price lets in 3+ goals a game.

I do think that the addition of Kovalchuk has helped a lot - even as an older player, his swagger is infectious.  I think that having Drouin & Gallagher back (hopefully) soon will help a lot too.   

22 minutes ago, maas_art said:

i feel like the confidence is coming back slightly - but i agree there's no way we go anywhere if Price lets in 3+ goals a game.

I do think that the addition of Kovalchuk has helped a lot - even as an older player, his swagger is infectious.  I think that having Drouin & Gallagher back (hopefully) soon will help a lot too.   

Yeah, unfortunately I firmly fall into the category of "they're not making it" ... its too little, too late more or less.   If we'd not had two 8 game losing streaks and say picked up even 4-5 points more between those two slumps, I'd feel we had a chance.

20 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Yeah, unfortunately I firmly fall into the category of "they're not making it" ... its too little, too late more or less.   If we'd not had two 8 game losing streaks and say picked up even 4-5 points more between those two slumps, I'd feel we had a chance.

Totally get that & odds are overwhelmingly in your favour too - but I also feel like things can change in a hurry in the NHL.   Obviously they need to win NOW and they need to win a lot.  4 w in the last 5 games is great but they're still way down that hole. They now need another 4 out of 5  and then another 4 out of 5 basically till the end of the season. They need at minimum 22-24 wins in their last 32...  thats going to be darned tough to pull off.  But if they can start with say a 6 game win streak or something.. then things change a little.