14 members have voted

1. 1. We will,,,,

• Win in regulation
    • Lose in regulation
    • Win in OT/SO
    • Lose in OT/SO

• H_T_L pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Do or die is an understatement. Four point game with a team in front of us.

Pretty much.   At this point im assuming we wont make the playoffs but if you manage to get on a run of wins i guess there's still a chance.  Would need to start very soon.  As it is they can probably only afford to lose like 6-8 games for the rest of the year.

KK is a healthy scratch. 

Domi, the team’s leading scorer last season, drops to the third line. He’ll be back at centre between Ryan Poehling and Lehkonen.

Gallagher will be back at right wing on the top line with Tomas Tatar and Phil Danault.

Ilya Kovalchuk, who has been filling in for Gallagher on the top line, will demonstrate his versatility as he moves to the left side on the second line. Nick Suzuki will be centre with Joel Armia on the right.

The fourth line has Nate Thompson between Nick Cousins and Dale Weise.

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

KK is a healthy scratch. 

Domi, the team’s leading scorer last season, drops to the third line. He’ll be back at centre between Ryan Poehling and Lehkonen.

Gallagher will be back at right wing on the top line with Tomas Tatar and Phil Danault.

Ilya Kovalchuk, who has been filling in for Gallagher on the top line, will demonstrate his versatility as he moves to the left side on the second line. Nick Suzuki will be centre with Joel Armia on the right.

Just ... words escape me

They could have scratched weise or cousins, and slid Lehkonen or Poehling to 4th ... then had Domi - KK - Lehk/Poe.     I really despise CJ's player management.   KK looked good the last few games.

24 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

KK is a healthy scratch. 

Well I was wrong.  Apparently Julien IS on board for the tank.  

Kidding aside, i do wonder if some of this is to do with the Flu bug.  Domi and Lehks were both questionable for the game because theyve been sick so maybe this way Julien can play them less.  As for JK, no idea why Claude would scratch him with other top forwards missing. 

2 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Now Buffalo must turn to Hutton, who is 0-7-4 in his past 11 starts and hasn’t won a game since late October. The Sabres also called up minor leaguer Jonas Johansson, who has yet to play in the NHL.

He'll get a shutout in his first game. lol

JK should be playing more, not less. He also needs to be playing with better linemates than Cousins or Weal or so on. Brian Wilde has said he thinks JK needs to play more. Today, Ray Ferraro chimed in with the same assessment. You can't develop a scoring center by having him play bottom 6 minutes with bottom 6 wingers, and then the Habs wonder why they can't find a young 1C.

With players coming back, it's the perfect time to find quality linemates for JK. You could have gone Domi-Suzuki-Lehkonen (which has had success) and then Kovalchuk-Kotkaniemi-Armia. You could go Domi-Suzuki-Armia next game and then Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Kovalchuk.

To some degree, I get keeping Thompson in the line-up because he's likely going to be traded at the deadline and he may have some trade value. But there's no reason to see Weal, Weise, or Cousins in over skill players once we're healthy, and none of that trio is likely to have much trade value even if you showcase them. Ferraro and Mike Johnson are probably two of my favorite analysts in the game, and Ferraro said for him it's not even a question that JK needs to play 16-18 minutes a game and that Suzuki should be a center over Domi. Would be nice to have someone running our team who felt that both those two young guys should be given the chance to succeed.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

KK better have the flu or something!

He woudlnt be listed as a healthy scratch then...

58 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

To some degree, I get keeping Thompson in the line-up because he's likely going to be traded at the deadline and he may have some trade value. But there's no reason to see Weal, Weise, or Cousins in over skill players once we're healthy, and none of that trio is likely to have much trade value even if you showcase them. Ferraro and Mike Johnson are probably two of my favorite analysts in the game, and Ferraro said for him it's not even a question that JK needs to play 16-18 minutes a game and that Suzuki should be a center over Domi. Would be nice to have someone running our team who felt that both those two young guys should be given the chance to succeed.

Maybe we're trading Thompson, Weal, Cousins and Weise!! :P

20 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Ummm just had a thought...what if they are not playing KK because they are moving him?

I am of the feeling that no one is untradeable but to me he's up there.  Unless we're getting back a cant-miss bonefide top LD then I am not interested in moving him.  I mean if it was  deal like JK for Miro Heiskanen then im down with it but it would have to be a very special deal for me to want to move JK.   Pretty sure MB wouldnt dare.