The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

On 1/23/2022 at 2:08 PM, kinot-2 said:

Truckers leaving Abbotsford 11:23 AM today. 

FJzN7RGWYAQ1W92.jpg

According to Theo Fleury there are 50,000 trucks and 1.5 million people going to Ottawa for this protest.

According to the OPP, the convoy consists of 113 commercial trucks and 276 cars and pickups. 

Methinks one of these is wrong... :4224:

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

According to Theo Fleury there are 50,000 trucks and 1.5 million people going to Ottawa for this protest.

According to the OPP, the convoy consists of 113 commercial trucks and 276 cars and pickups. 

One person said that it took 2 hours to pass thru Kenora. Another person said that there were 2,000 trucks leaving N.S. Interesting that J.T. is self isolating in his cottage for 5 days.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

One person said that it took 2 hours to pass thru Kenora. Another person said that there were 2,000 trucks leaving N.S. Interesting that J.T. is self isolating in his cottage for 5 days.

We saw about 15 trucks go through here (mind you it was the first day).   Friends ive talked to have said it just looks like a "normal day on the TCH" so its tough to say. I would assume the total number will be higher than the OPP is saying but far lower than the convoy is suggesting. The fact they are making ridiculous claims like "Guinness book of world records new longest convoy" (Guiness doenst work like that, you have to plan it & have it checked) suggests there's some exaggeration going on. Id also like to see some actual videos that are longer than 10 seconds because even 50 semis in a row looks like a lot in a 10 second clip.

28 minutes ago, maas_art said:

We saw about 15 trucks go through here (mind you it was the first day).   Friends ive talked to have said it just looks like a "normal day on the TCH" so its tough to say. I would assume the total number will be higher than the OPP is saying but far lower than the convoy is suggesting. The fact they are making ridiculous claims like "Guinness book of world records new longest convoy" (Guiness doenst work like that, you have to plan it & have it checked) suggests there's some exaggeration going on. Id also like to see some actual videos that are longer than 10 seconds because even 50 semis in a row looks like a lot in a 10 second clip.

CTV online had a live feed of the 401 at Keele St. and when I watched it at 4:30, it didn't look much different than any other day. Maybe a few more trucks, but that's all. The Flying J here was packed with supporters this morning at 11. Lots of trucks there too. 

Researchers at the University of Oxford are seeking volunteers for a study in which participants will be infected with the original strain of COVID-19.

In April 2021, researchers at the University of Oxford began a trial to determine how the immune system responds to the COVID-19 virus. The first phase, which is still ongoing, seeks to establish the lowest dose that can infect, but not produce serious illness.

The second phase involves infecting participants with the standardized virus developed in the first, and it is for this part of the trial that researchers are seeking volunteers.

Full article here:

https://thepostmillennial.com/oxford-seeks-people-willing-to-catch-covid-for-study

23 hours ago, maas_art said:

So 1 out of every 25 men, women and children in the country left work/school to go on a trip to Ottawa all at once?  Haha, sounds legit

24 minutes ago, Manatee-X said:

So 1 out of every 25 men, women and children in the country left work/school to go on a trip to Ottawa all at once?  Haha, sounds legit

Its supposed to be -36 with the wind tomorrow... sounds like a fun day ;) 

Don't know what the end game is to this protest, other then risking frostbite to yell and scream freedom towards JT,,, who BTW won't be there. The irony in the whole thing is they stand a good chance of not being treated in the local hospitals for their weather related injuries because of Covid patients holding down beds in the Ottawa region.

Let's hope the morons going there with alternate reasons don't do any damage to the local businesses already suffering financially who have to take additional measures now to protect themselves and their interests.

Gotta question the mental state of people who plan these things. Trump brains at work.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Don't know what the end game is to this protest, other then risking frostbite to yell and scream freedom towards JT,,, who BTW won't be there. The irony in the whole thing is they stand a good chance of not being treated in the local hospitals for their weather related injuries because of Covid patients holding down beds in the Ottawa region.

Let's hope the morons going there with alternate reasons don't do any damage to the local businesses already suffering financially who have to take additional measures now to protect themselves and their interests.

Gotta question the mental state of people who plan these things. Trump brains at work.:rolleyes:

Its mindboggling.

From the outset:  We're protesting the vaccine mandate because you have to be vaccinated to get back into Canada if you deliver to the states - despite the fact that you have to be vaccinated to enter the states - so its a nonstarter.   Even worse than that, my trucker friend, when studying their rigs in the photos over the last few days said that not a single one of them has the dot required to be a cross-border hauler.  He said he hasnt seen a single truck in the convoy that is a Canada/US rig.

And speaking of end-games, what is the point in telling everyone that you've got 50,000 trucks when the reality seems to be more like 10-20 actual rigs, 100 or so with no load & then a few hundred pickups, cars etc?     You know that at some point they are all going to be in the same place at the same time so we can actually measure the amount of participants in the convoy right?    Even if there are multiple groups it seems unlikely that will be more than 2000-3000 protesters.  The Toronto Gay Pride event has routinely broken 1,000,000.

And of course there's this stuff: 

FKMstBjXsAcY0C4.jpeg

Im worried this is going to turn ugly over the next few days... 

^^ At this point, it had very little to do with trucking. It has to do with a small faction of Canadians being against vaccines and who have hijacked the trucker issue as a reason to rally against the government. I think almost everyone has something they disagree with the government about, but this whole thing seems a bit silly to me... as was said, not sure what it accomplishes to drive to Ottawa, block everyday Canadians (including healthcare workers) from getting to work, and have no clear announced plan as to what you're going to do when you get there. Are they going to violently storm parliament the way they did in the US? What's the endgame here?

Not my words, but good ones!

I'm fully vaccinated & boosted…... No, I don't know "what's in it". Neither this vaccine nor the ones I had as a child. Nor do I know what's in the 11 secret herbs and spices at KFC. I also don't know exactly what's in Ibuprofen or any other painkiller - they just treat my headaches & my pains. I don't know what's in tattoo ink, botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap, shampoo or deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use, or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.

There's a lot of things I don't know.

I do know one thing: life is short. Very short. And I, personally, still want to do things. I want to travel and hug people without fear, and find a little feeling of life "before".
Throughout my life I've been vaccinated against many diseases: Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chickenpox, hepatitis, influenza, tetanus. We trusted the science, and never had to suffer through or transmit any of those said diseases.
I'm vaccinated. Not because I’m a sheep or to please the government. Not to make other people do it. But I don't want to:
* die from Covid-19
* clutter a hospital bed if I get sick
* not be able to hug my loved ones
* not be able to travel & enjoy events
* live my life in fear
Can't say it any clearer. I'm vaccinated for me and I wear a mask for you.

Copied & pasted. Feel free to do the same ❤️

5 hours ago, archey said:

When does one take a drink with Covid around? When the Irish fishermen tell the Russian navy to play their war games somewhere else and win is one time anyhow.

Man im glad they legalized marijuana.

14 minutes ago, Regis22 said:
Not my words, but good ones!

I'm fully vaccinated & boosted…... No, I don't know "what's in it". Neither this vaccine nor the ones I had as a child. Nor do I know what's in the 11 secret herbs and spices at KFC. I also don't know exactly what's in Ibuprofen or any other painkiller - they just treat my headaches & my pains. I don't know what's in tattoo ink, botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap, shampoo or deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use, or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.

There's a lot of things I don't know.

I do know one thing: life is short. Very short. And I, personally, still want to do things. I want to travel and hug people without fear, and find a little feeling of life "before".
Throughout my life I've been vaccinated against many diseases: Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chickenpox, hepatitis, influenza, tetanus. We trusted the science, and never had to suffer through or transmit any of those said diseases.
I'm vaccinated. Not because I’m a sheep or to please the government. Not to make other people do it. But I don't want to:
* die from Covid-19
* clutter a hospital bed if I get sick
* not be able to hug my loved ones
* not be able to travel & enjoy events
* live my life in fear
Can't say it any clearer. I'm vaccinated for me and I wear a mask for you.

Copied & pasted. Feel free to do the same ❤️

Great share. Wearing a mask does not impinge upon your freedom.   The protests dont want freedom, they want choice with no responsibility.  Thats doesnt happen in any sort of collective society. Thats only freely available in an anarchist ideology. 

I don't like the seat belt law and it doesn't hurt anybody else if i'm involved in an accident. Maybe i should protest by parking my car in front of one of the so called freedom fighters and honk my horn 24/7. Maybe even boycott their place of business. It's disgusting to me that they're allowed to continue this without repercussions. I feel for the businesses and locals having their lives turned upside down by these glory seeking morons. 

56 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I don't like the seat belt law and it doesn't hurt anybody else if i'm involved in an accident. Maybe i should protest by parking my car in front of one of the so called freedom fighters and honk my horn 24/7. Maybe even boycott their place of business. It's disgusting to me that they're allowed to continue this without repercussions. I feel for the businesses and locals having their lives turned upside down by these glory seeking morons. 

Out west they should bulldoze them off the road and revoke their commercial licences. In cities tow them, impound them and revoke their licences to operate.

34 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Out west they should bulldoze them off the road and revoke their commercial licences. In cities tow them, impound them and revoke their licences to operate.

Apparently a judge just imposed a ban on horn honking for the next 10 days. Curious to see if they've stopped.

9 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Ok, devils advocate here. They sure didn't remove the Indigenous rail blockage. Why not? 

BTW, the Ambassador bridge is blocked. 

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ok, devils advocate here. They sure didn't remove the Indigenous rail blockage. Why not? 

BTW, the Ambassador bridge is blocked. 

I don't have a problem with protesting, even if i don't agree with them. There's a place and a time to do it right.  Hooking air horns 24/7 is just moronic as far as i'm concerned. People also don't have the right to hinder a business from doing commerce, which includes cutting off supply chains by blocking off rails and bridges.. They don't give a shit until they go to Costco and can't get their damn toilet paper,,, at which point they're probably the first in line to cry about it. That's the hypocrisy of it all IMO.

JM2C, but IMO, alot of these protests are because of the confusion surrounding the last 2 years. We have the feds, provinces, and cities using different models, mandates, lock downs, openings, closings, partial seatings, etc. People are fed up with who is saying what, and who can they trust to give them the right answers. Also, some people in these protests are fed up with the PM, premiers, mayors, and being told what to do and what not to do.