The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Playin Games and Play off Games

kinot-2

4 hours ago, RCAF48 said:

Must have been a tough decision for him..............spend 6 weeks living in a hotel to sit on the bench, or more probably in the stands, for a team whose fans don't want him anywhere near the ice versus spending that time with his wife and two young children at the lake. The stress he endured for those 5 or 6 seconds it would take to make that decision must have been terrible. :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with any player who decides not to play and risk getting covid and passing it on to his family ...I half think Cary Price might do it too ...if Domi isn't cleared to play there isn't much point to it  for the Habs except taking a chance on screwing their draft chances ...not that I think there's a point to it to begin with ..Isn't it interesting that Toronto gets picked as a hub city and all eastern teams are playing there in one of Canada's hot spots for covid ...this becomes an advantage for the team that is in the "center of the hockey universe "  ...fans or no fans 

OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

FORWARDS (15)
Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Tatar, Paul Byron, Phillip Danault, Joel Armia,
Artturi Lehkonen, Dale Weise, Jordan Weal, Nick Suzuki, Charles Hudon, Jesperi Kotkaniemi,
Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Max Domi, Alex Belzile, Laurent Dauphin

DEFENSEMEN (12)
Shea Weber, Jeff Petry, Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Christian Folin,
Xavier Ouellet, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Cale Fleury,
Gustav Olofsson, Josh Brook, Alexander Romanov

GOALTENDERS (4)
Carey Price, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau , Michael McNiven

Max Domi and Habs will take 7-10 days to determine if he will participate.

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

FORWARDS (15)
Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Tatar, Paul Byron, Phillip Danault, Joel Armia,
Artturi Lehkonen, Dale Weise, Jordan Weal, Nick Suzuki, Charles Hudon, Jesperi Kotkaniemi,
Ryan Poehling, Jake Evans, Max Domi, Alex Belzile, Laurent Dauphin

DEFENSEMEN (12)
Shea Weber, Jeff Petry, Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Christian Folin,
Xavier Ouellet, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Cale Fleury,
Gustav Olofsson, Josh Brook, Alexander Romanov

GOALTENDERS (4)
Carey Price, Charlie Lindgren, Cayden Primeau , Michael McNiven

Max Domi and Habs will take 7-10 days to determine if he will participate.

Ya forgot Kitchenne Sinque.

3 hours ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Ya forgot Kitchenne Sinque.

:4322:

The Pittsburgh Penguins will be voluntarily sidelining nine players from their training camp roster due to potential secondary exposure to an individual who had contact with a person that has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

Canadiens lines: Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia

Byron-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen

Weise-Evans-Weal Hudon,

Poehling, Dauphin and Belzile appear to be extras.

Chiarot Weber

Mete Petry

Folin Juulsen

Olofsson Fleury.

Per Jared Book's article about Practice here: https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2020/7/13/21322076/montreal-canadiens-lines-at-training-camp-suzuki-replaces-domi-at-centre-covid-19-habs-habs-penguins

Seems to suggest that the positive cases we have are:  Xavier Ouellet, Josh Brook, and Brett Kulak 

Everyone else is on the ice, except for Domi who is not cleared to play and Romanov who is still in quarantine. Juulsen is playing LD right now because of the players who are out.

Forward lines look ok but defense, if this is how it stays, is going to be obliterated by the Pens. 

Brook back in so presumably he wasnt one of the guys who had a positive test (unless it was from a while back & he's fully recovered).

Weber out at practice - which had people in a tizzy apparently - but then he practiced on his own with Richardson & it sound like he looks fine.  Some speculate he wanted to work on some specific things one on one and since he is one of the only "guaranteed" spots on the D roster it allowed the coaching staff to look at other players (folin took his spot) to see where / if they fit in. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Brook back in so presumably he wasnt one of the guys who had a positive test (unless it was from a while back & he's fully recovered).

Weber out at practice - which had people in a tizzy apparently - but then he practiced on his own with Richardson & it sound like he looks fine.  Some speculate he wanted to work on some specific things one on one and since he is one of the only "guaranteed" spots on the D roster it allowed the coaching staff to look at other players (folin took his spot) to see where / if they fit in. 

Answer: Folin doesn't fit in. Unless you're goal is to aim for Lafreniere. Which it should be but which isn't what the coaching staff is going for. I'd rather see Juulsen, Fleury, Mete, or a bunch of others ahead of Folin.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Answer: Folin doesn't fit in. Unless you're goal is to aim for Lafreniere. Which it should be but which isn't what the coaching staff is going for. I'd rather see Juulsen, Fleury, Mete, or a bunch of others ahead of Folin.

Haha. Good point.  Although i think they still want to make it look like they are giving people a fair look.  Im sure Alzner would have gotten some practice time if he hadnt opted out.  I do think this is more about Weber wanting to work on something than the team wanting to (truly) evaluate anyone

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Haha. Good point.  Although i think they still want to make it look like they are giving people a fair look.  Im sure Alzner would have gotten some practice time if he hadnt opted out.  I do think this is more about Weber wanting to work on something than the team wanting to (truly) evaluate anyone

He's looking for more speed in a smaller sized pair of skates. :)

Tuesday, July 28 Exhibition game:

• Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens at 8 p.m. ET

"Real Games":

Penguins vs. Canadiens

• Saturday, Aug. 1 at 8 p.m. ET

• Monday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. ET

• Wednesday, Aug. 5 at 8 p.m. ET

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Tuesday, July 28 Exhibition game:

"Real Games":

Penguins vs. Canadiens

• Saturday, Aug. 1 at 8 p.m. ET

• Monday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. ET

• Wednesday, Aug. 5 at 8 p.m. ET

I read that & was like "wow, August! thats a ways away."  Then i realized thats 2 weeks from now. 

Jeez.  Still feels like its April or something. Talk about a write-off year. 

30 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I read that & was like "wow, August! thats a ways away."  Then i realized thats 2 weeks from now. 

Jeez.  Still feels like its April or something. Talk about a write-off year. 

I just hope that TSN and SN will broadcast all the games, as there sure ain't nothing else on TV to watch. 

54 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I just hope that TSN and SN will broadcast all the games, as there sure ain't nothing else on TV to watch. 

you have to figure if they can, they will - they really need $$$ revenue - although im not sure how the rights work with centre ice and things like that

27 minutes ago, maas_art said:

you have to figure if they can, they will - they really need $$$ revenue - although im not sure how the rights work with centre ice and things like that

From "somewhere else": 

What we do know is that once the playoffs do start, it's the national broadcasts (NBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports).

Training camp Day 3:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Weise - Weal - Evans Poehling -

Hudon -Belzile/Dauphin

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Training camp Day 3:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Weise - Weal - Evans Poehling -

Hudon -Belzile/Dauphin

Despite the fact that the pens have 2 of the best centres in the game, I actually think up front we're not that terrible.  Mismatched, yes, but assuming someone can handle Malkin (im confident Danault will at least reduce Crosby's impact) we should actually be ok, depth wise.  

Its the back end that scares the bejezus out of me. Right side is fine but aside from Mete (who is really a 3rd pair guy anyway) yikes.  Our best options are young RHD at left it seems.   Sure hope we get "good Chiarot" not "bad Chiarot" 

29 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I stand corrected. :)

Probably an unnecessary correction by me - you would have figured it out by the crowd response ... errr, hang on now ...

Tuesday, July 28

• Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers at 4 p.m. ET

• Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames at 10:30 p.m. ET

Wednesday, July 29

• Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers at 12 p.m. ET

• Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild at 2:30 p.m. ET

• Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals at 4 p.m. ET

• St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks at 6:30 p.m. ET

• New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers at 8 p.m. ET

• Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets at 10:30 p.m. ET

Thursday, July 30

• Nashville Predators vs. Dallas Stars at 4 p.m. ET

• Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets at 7 p.m. ET

• Vegas Golden Knights vs. Arizona Coyotes at 10 p.m. ET

1 hour ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Probably an unnecessary correction by me - you would have figured it out by the crowd response ... errr, hang on now ...

It would be a canned response. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Actually that brings up an interesting point. Ive seen some euro events where they have canned fan noise - but does it change based on home vs. away?  Will be interesting to see. 

Interesting stats but for the record,

1st month of the season (13 games)
- Pens were 8-5-0 with 16 pts
- Habs were 7-4-2 with 16 pts

- Pens scored 46 goals and allowed 31
- Habs scored 49 goals and allowed 40

Home Record for the entire season
- Pens were 23-8-4 (ranks 4th)
- Habs were 14-17-6 (ranks 30th)

Road Record for the entire season
- Pens were 17-15-2 (ranks 17th)
- Habs were 17-14-3 (ranks 15th)