Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs vs Leafs tuneup game


H_T_L
 Share

How far will we go in the playoffs?  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. How many rounds will the Habs play?

    • Playin round only
    • We'll advance to round 1
    • Round 2
      0
    • Eastern finals
    • Cup Finals


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Is it just me or did our "big 4" D men look awful? Especially Chiarot and Petry. I hope Juulsen is in the game on Saturday and they run Mete-Weber, Kulak-Petry and Chiarot-Juulsen cause man are Weber and Chiarot slow! 

I want us to lose to the pens but man if we were actually trying to win, id really love to have Therrien back right now.  No, i didnt just go nuts. The one thing Therrien could do (better than just about any coach ive ever seen) is fire up players. I bet we'd win 2 -3 series with him at the helm. Guys would be flying and doing whatever it took to win.  Of course, he'd eventually be outcoached but credit where credit is due: Therrien can get a team playing their very best for the first 10-15 games after a break. Julien's teams have often been notorious for slow starts.  Good for the 1st OVA sweepstakes... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, it feels good finally being able to watch some Habs hockey again. Only caught the highlights after getting up this morning and it all seemed rather weird without fans in the standings, but it's the ACC so the noise level was still close enough to where it usually is :lol: Unfortunately, that also seems to apply to the performance level of our abysmal PP :rolleyes: Two shorties, eh? Amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Special teams always kill this team :5155:

You would almost think they would do something about it, like put better players in place, or change coaches or something but i guess that might be a bit too much to ask... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, maas_art said:

I want us to lose to the pens but man if we were actually trying to win, id really love to have Therrien back right now.  No, i didnt just go nuts. The one thing Therrien could do (better than just about any coach ive ever seen) is fire up players. I bet we'd win 2 -3 series with him at the helm. Guys would be flying and doing whatever it took to win.  Of course, he'd eventually be outcoached but credit where credit is due: Therrien can get a team playing their very best for the first 10-15 games after a break. Julien's teams have often been notorious for slow starts.  Good for the 1st OVA sweepstakes... 

I am over CJ! what has he ever done as a Habs coach? nothing! he had some success in Boston but he has done nothing here at all! i don't think he has even got the most out of what we do have for a roster!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

I am over CJ! what has he ever done as a Habs coach? nothing! he had some success in Boston but he has done nothing here at all! i don't think he has even got the most out of what we do have for a roster!

The problem is that we're so limited by the self-imposed "must speak french" rule that Julien's still probably a top 10 choice of anyone actually out there & available*.  Its ridiculous.

(*at least of what we know of. Im sure there's a number of excellent french-speaking coaches in the lower ranks who arent on habs' radar because they havent 'paid their dues' yet)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

The problem is that we're so limited by the self-imposed "must speak french" rule that Julien's still probably a top 10 choice of anyone actually out there & available*.  Its ridiculous.

(*at least of what we know of. Im sure there's a number of excellent french-speaking coaches in the lower ranks who arent on habs' radar because they havent 'paid their dues' yet)

I am just so sick of it all right now i don't think i even care anymore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...