Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal vs Pittsburgh Series Thread


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Well,,,,, we were a better road team then home team this year so maybe that continues and we pull off an early upset,,, but i'm not betting the farm on it.

Ya, but, in effect, they're playing a road game as well, so it evens up. They had dam well ramp up their game if they want to win.  

15 hours ago, booboo_mtl said:

Seeing that exhibition game sure didn’t up my confidence in this team. 

Ya, I just hope they win one game tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the whole world is betting against us (I think SN had like only 9% believing we can win the series) but I actually think we have a decent chance. 

Im not sure how I feel about it because I do want that high pick but i wouldnt be totally shocked to see us win this series.  Of course I also wouldnt be surprised to see us swept in 3 games. :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob McKenzie gave the historical number for best of five series this morning...Teams who lose game one of a best of 5 series in NHL history have only come back to win 12.5% of the series.

Oh the irony of that %...:4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, but, in effect, they're playing a road game as well, so it evens up. They had dam well ramp up their game if they want to win.  

I have no idea what record the Pens had on the road. I was just pointing out that we were not that good at the Bell Center this season, so being on the road shouldn't be a crutch for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I have no idea what record the Pens had on the road. I was just pointing out that we were not that good at the Bell Center this season, so being on the road shouldn't be a crutch for us.

In fairness, we werent very good anywhere this year. :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Bob McKenzie gave the historical number for best of five series this morning...Teams who lose game one of a best of 5 series in NHL history have only come back to win 12.5% of the series.

Oh the irony of that %...:4224:

 I'm going to call Montreal winning the first game and losing the round ...everybody gets jacked and then let down and then get jacked again when we win the lottery ..odds of this happening 1.25 % .. "so you're saying there's a chance "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arpem-can said:

 I'm going to call Montreal winning the first game and losing the round ...everybody gets jacked and then let down and then get jacked again when we win the lottery ..odds of this happening 1.25 % .. "so you're saying there's a chance "

"I made a trade that at the time, I had to make that trade. I have a reason that I can’t really tell you why, but if I could, you would probably understand."

We will finally understand!!  (assuming we dont beat pittsburgh)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, maas_art said:

In fairness, we werent very good anywhere this year. :4224:

Or as Harry Neale once said while coaching the Canucks during a slump:

"We can't win at home; we can't win on the road; my only failure as a coach is that I can't figure out where else we can play"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Question marks for me... Drouin, Weal and Chariot did not play up to snuff in the first game IMHO

To me Chariot was ok. Drouin was not great but I wouldnt likely move him (although id like to see Domi on that line once he's up to game shape)

Weal was bad. Id like him out.  I would keep Weise in for now but replace weal with Evans.  Oullette was not good either.  Mete looked a bit uncomfortable on his off side.  Id remedy this by sitting Ouellett, bringing in either Fleury or Juulsen and putting Mete back at LD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, maas_art said:

To me Chariot was ok. Drouin was not great but I wouldnt likely move him (although id like to see Domi on that line once he's up to game shape)

Weal was bad. Id like him out.  I would keep Weise in for now but replace weal with Evans.  Oullette was not good either.  Mete looked a bit uncomfortable on his off side.  Id remedy this by sitting Ouellett, bringing in either Fleury or Juulsen and putting Mete back at LD. 

I agree about Ouellett he looked very soft out there! Drouin is going to have to get with the program! he was a drag on the team with his penalties! as for Weal i have never liked him he does nothing for me at all! i would always play a younger player before him even if that player makes a few mistakes at least we would be building our future instead of treading water over and over again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CJ already has 2 kids in the lineup ( 3 if you count Mete), As much as i would like to see Evans or Poehling in there over Weal or Weise, i'm not holding my breath that CJ goes with more youth over experience. He can't even shake the habit of Weal on the PP,,, and that's a travesty IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weise looked  a little out of place at times, that line with Weal and Domi has a good physical presence. Having Domi lower in the line-up allows our forwards to play more of a possession game. I can see Evans get a look because he appears to be a very smart player, but we would lose some of that physicality. Julien appears to be trying to get the hits in and make Pittsburgh pay for their scoring chances. We'll see if it works. It is nice to see some depth to this line-up. We have a few more options now although some of them are a pretty young. It is a good problem to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...