Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Jake Allen


Regis22
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, IMO, Carey should start worrying.

People crucify Bergevin for paying so much for a backup. I thought it was a great move at the time, probably, his best move. Can you imagine, if CP were to become the backup?  Oh, the horror.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

At this point, if I am the coach, I am considering an even 50-50 split in game time. Allen has been better to start the season.

Yeah its a tricky one.  On paper i agree but you also need to keep Carey happy and try to get him back to 'lights out' carey.   in the playoffs you're going with whichever goalie will get you the wins. Right now thats probably Allen but hopefully that changes because carey at his best is better than jake at his best. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah its a tricky one.  On paper i agree but you also need to keep Carey happy and try to get him back to 'lights out' carey.   in the playoffs you're going with whichever goalie will get you the wins. Right now thats probably Allen but hopefully that changes because carey at his best is better than jake at his best. 

I have no doubt in my mind Julien would start the post-season with Carey (assuming we make it). However, despite Carey's salary, I don't see him maintaining the net in the post-season if his performances are not excellent. Carey has got to use early season Allen's success to push himself. If he worse numbers and allows some stinkers, well... I'm fine with Allen getting more game time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

I have no doubt in my mind Julien would start the post-season with Carey (assuming we make it). However, despite Carey's salary, I don't see him maintaining the net in the post-season if his performances are not excellent. Carey has got to use early season Allen's success to push himself. If he worse numbers and allows some stinkers, well... I'm fine with Allen getting more game time.

You're scaring me by saying  (assuming we make it). We have to make it! I can't handle another "lost season". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Playing great and not getting any goal support. I'd run with him for a few games.

 

4 hours ago, habsisme said:

yes we have to play him at least until he has a bad game. Give Price time to figure things out

I would definitely be playing him more right now. This team needs wins to get the confidence up.

The only question is: what will get Carey's mindset straight? im guessing he needs games to work through whatever the issue(s) are - i dont think he's doing it from the bench. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/jake-allen-duty-bound-to-give-back/c-325984952

Allen: Duty-bound to give back

The Habs netminder has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Fredericton and greater New Brunswick communities

by Dan Braverman @CanadiensMTL / canadiens.com

 August 18, 2021

MONTREAL - If you weren't already aware of Jake Allen's reputation as an all-around good guy, last week should give you all the evidence you need.

Part of that reputation comes from his patience for and thoughtfulness in answering questions from the media, but the Habs backstop is much more than just a good person to talk to. Allen has also backed up his words with concrete action, having helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Fredericton and greater New Brunswick communities by way of his charitable foundation, Program 34.

On Thursday, Allen held the fifth edition of the Jake Allen Classic golf tournament to help support the foundation, which he launched at the start of his career with a mission to reduce and eliminate barriers in participation caused by poverty, distance, disability and culture.

cut.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

If you weren't already aware of Jake Allen's reputation as an all-around good guy,

 

30 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Good Man!

 

According to Angela Price, Carey did not want to leave Montreal but put himself on the block because he really wanted to save Allen from leaving.  Im sure most of that is because of his on-ice play but I imagine him being a good guy makes it an easier decision for Price to do that... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/jake-allen-duty-bound-to-give-back/c-325984952

Allen: Duty-bound to give back

The Habs netminder has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Fredericton and greater New Brunswick communities

by Dan Braverman @CanadiensMTL / canadiens.com

 August 18, 2021

MONTREAL - If you weren't already aware of Jake Allen's reputation as an all-around good guy, last week should give you all the evidence you need.

Part of that reputation comes from his patience for and thoughtfulness in answering questions from the media, but the Habs backstop is much more than just a good person to talk to. Allen has also backed up his words with concrete action, having helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Fredericton and greater New Brunswick communities by way of his charitable foundation, Program 34.

On Thursday, Allen held the fifth edition of the Jake Allen Classic golf tournament to help support the foundation, which he launched at the start of his career with a mission to reduce and eliminate barriers in participation caused by poverty, distance, disability and culture.

cut.jpeg

Ya know, alot of these players are doing good work for communities and so on. Too bad the media couldn't do a documentary on these players. It would sure open some eyes, ours included. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, alot of these players are doing good work for communities and so on. Too bad the media couldn't do a documentary on these players. It would sure open some eyes, ours included. 

Yep might change our views on some players! look at PK he has donated a lot of money so it was in the press but a guy like Allen is a bit more reserved so until now we did not know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, alot of these players are doing good work for communities and so on. Too bad the media couldn't do a documentary on these players. It would sure open some eyes, ours included. 

Indeed. More coverage on the solid community work athletes do would be cool. Might also help with awareness on certain issues and help raise more funds for specific charities and causes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 8:51 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Indeed. More coverage on the solid community work athletes do would be cool. Might also help with awareness on certain issues and help raise more funds for specific charities and causes.

This is 5 years old 

Watch this inspiring video of Trent Leon, a young First Nations hockey fan who got the chance to brush up on his slap shot with his idol, Carey Price! It all started with a surprise trip to Montreal from his hometown of Anahim Lake, made possible by the Air Canada Foundation and Breakfast Club of Canada.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...