The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Feb. 2, 7 PM. Vancouver at Montreal

kinot-2

• H_T_L pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

MTL scoring rate on the PK (14.6% with 6 goals) is actually higher than 9 teams PP%. :lol:

Well,,,, it's not like were not getting enough practice. :lol: We seem to play more minutes short handed then any other team in the League. 

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Well,,,, it's not like were not getting enough practice. :lol: We seem to play more minutes short handed then any other team in the League. 

Nope, Van has played 10 mins. more shorthanded, but we're 2nd. 

17 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I'd assume that he is. Canadiens coach Claude Julien confirms Brett Kulak is in for Alexander Romanov

This makes me think that despite what MB said, he's considering moving Mete. 

I understand that you want to cycle guys but there's no reason not to just swap mete for kulak. Sitting Romanov, when he's still adjusting, makes me feel like they dont want to take Mete out of the lineup. 

Brett Kulak re-enters the Canadiens lineup and will play with Victor Mete on the third pair, Claude Julien says. Alexander Romanov will sit for the first time. Julien calls it a rotation.

56 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This makes me think that despite what MB said, he's considering moving Mete. 

I understand that you want to cycle guys but there's no reason not to just swap mete for kulak. Sitting Romanov, when he's still adjusting, makes me feel like they dont want to take Mete out of the lineup. 

I wouldn’t push the panic button and over react - Romanov had one misfire in last night’s game but I think this is just a pause for reset and not a criticism. Mete didn’t have the best debut but he deserves chances based on previous service to the team. Mete is better against skating and less physical teams so Vancouver fits the bill. I can’t see Mete playing against Calgary or even Toronto. This stretch with Canucks and Ottawa seems opportunistic for Mete to play 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic