13 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the time of our 1st goal

• We're getting shutout
    • Under 5 minutes of the 1st
    • 5 to 10 minutes of the 1st
    • 10 to 20 minutes of the 1st
    • Not until the 2nd period
    • Not until the 3rd period

Pre game presentation honoring Weber's 1000th game. He will be given a piece of art commissioned by no other then one of our own board administrators maas_art in a pregame ceremony.

WTG:5187:

As for the game,,,, Sens are on a 9 game losing streak. Should we be sweating?

• H_T_L pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Pre game presentation honoring Weber's 1000th game. He will be given a piece of art commissioned by no other then one of our own board administrators maas_art in a pregame ceremony.

whaaa?! maas_art made the peice that will be given to Weber?! That's freaking awesome! 

56 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Congrats Jedi.

And yes I’m worried.

5 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Yes it is but I read somewhere you were an unbeliever.

Justin is an amazing artist. 

I wasn't an unbeliever, it just took me awhile to figure t out. I've seen his website, so I know he's  a gifted artist. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Could this year's Ottawa be last years Detroit?

This does worry me as well. For the last several years, we have beaten the elite teams, only to fold to the teams we should really beat. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say, with this depth that we have, we will not ever be a pushover, and because we can bring 4 lines consistently, we shouldn't see any lapses. GHG!

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thanks everyone. I did a super awkward interview with the team too so that I hope they dont show :) haha.  

As for the game, I am a little nervous we'll be complacent but i think if we can get that first goal we should be ok. 

Congrats Maas! Must be a true honor. 

I had a couple of people ask if i could post the piece before the game- here's a quick video of the making off - documenting the whole thing including:

- The initial concept - the team came to me with some loose ideas, i drew something up & then we spitballed how to refine it
- The comprehensive rough - this helps to formalize the composition, the scale and all the elements
- The main elements rendered - i actually drew some parts 4 or 5 times to make sure i "got them right" before starting the final piece)
- The rendering - this is where the colour process starts.  This part took roughly 45 hrs.  

It was a great experience - these types of commissions are always fun but when its your favourite team and one of your favourite players? Awesome.  The only bad part was timing.  They approached me Monday, January 18 - and i needed to get it to Montreal by like the end of december so it could be framed in time!  

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic