The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game 13: Leafs @ Canadiens, February 10 at 7:30 PM EST

kinot-2

OK, let's see if we can beat these guys. The two top teams in the North battle it out for supremacy. Guessing Price gets the start and the rest of the lineup remains unchanged. 

Broken record here: Keep the game at even strength as much as possible.

• H_T_L pinned this topic

Once again the refs will be a "big" influence on the game regardless of it being a phantom penalty or an assist by kicking the puck out in front of the net.

Price needs to be his usual steady self unlike the last game he played

Lets go habs we can beat the refs and the leafs!!

12 hours ago, habsisme said:

we face them 3 out of the next 4, most important stretch of the season so far

Indeed. :)

We cannot afford to let Toronto to do us what we've been doing to Vancouver. Starting off with a 'W' in game would go a long way to building confidence against these guys. Definitely worried if we continue our parade to the penalty box.

12 hours ago, habsisme said:

we face them 3 out of the next 4, most important stretch of the season so far

Definitely.  The next frew games will show what kind of team we really have. So fat we've looked dominant at times but the opposition hasnt been difficult in some cases. 

1 hour ago, archey said:

Ah ya know...The wives out golfin, the trainers knitting socks, the coaches raising steins. what chance do we possibly have?

In the grand scheme of things, a carburetor will always misfire if you ride a camel under the water bed.

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

Price needs to be his usual steady self unlike the last game he played

Lets go habs we can beat the refs and the leafs!!

I worry we'll try to play a run and gun style with them. Not that we cant score but Price really needs a nice, siimple game or two under his belt right now.  Hopefully his head-space is clear. 

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Indeed. :)

We cannot afford to let Toronto to do us what we've been doing to Vancouver. Starting off with a 'W' in game would go a long way to building confidence against these guys. Definitely worried if we continue our parade to the penalty box.

I definitely feel like these guys are beatable.  Yes their top 3-4 forwards are elite but after that there's a big drop off. Their 3rd line is weak and their 4th line is practically AHL quality - despite the occasional renaissance game by Spezza .Their defense is better than it was but still fully exploitable despite what some leaf fans might tell you.

I think we can win this one if we keep the energy up and play smart.  A good game from Price is definitely something we should be hoping for too. 

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Tonight's game will in all likelyhood be determined by the refs. It's usually not enough to simply outplay these guys. I'm expecting at least one 5 on 3 and another half dozen calls to go with it. Sure seems to be the pattern.

Yuck

SPECIAL TEAMS

Power play

TOR: 36.6% (4th)

MTL: 22.2% (13th)

Penalty kill

TOR: 75.5% (23rd)

MTL: 79.6% (19th)

INJURIES

TOR: F Joe Thornton (rib), RW Wayne Simmonds (wrist), LW Nick Robertson (knee), G Jack Campbell (leg).

31 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

SPECIAL TEAMS

Power play

TOR: 36.6% (4th)

MTL: 22.2% (13th)

Penalty kill

TOR: 75.5% (23rd)

MTL: 79.6% (19th)

INJURIES

TOR: F Joe Thornton (rib), RW Wayne Simmonds (wrist), LW Nick Robertson (knee), G Jack Campbell (leg).

Too bad Thornton and Simmonds are hurt that speeds them up quite a bit.......

Just now, ramcharger440 said:

it's a joke... same as Perry is for us once in a while skill can still win out over age. at least that is what I keep telling myself!

A joke but not far off either.  Joe and Wayne are both really slow.  In a 7 game series im not sure if id rather face them vs AHL / Rookies.  They can kill you one game but then be terrible for a few.   Spezza looked like vintage spezza the other night but dont expect that much over a season. 

The lines from Habs practice on Tuesday:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Perry/Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron/Frolik

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov
Mete

Price
Allen
Lindgren

Leaves  lineup

Here are the Leafs lines for Wednesday's game:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner 
Nylander-Tavares-Mikheyev 
Vesey-Kerfoot-Engvall
Petan-Boyd-Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian

Andersen

I am going to predict a 5-2 loss for the Habs, Price has been shaky, the team looked discombobulated in the last 2 or 3 games, or PK has been ok but could be better and our PP has sucked lately. I am really worried the bottom is starting to fall out of this team. I know we have the pieces to win but can they get it done is another matter all together. If the flow of the game takes on playoff form we should come out on top, if not we could be in serious hot water.

4 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I am going to predict a 5-2 loss for the Habs, Price has been shaky, the team looked discombobulated in the last 2 or 3 games, or PK has been ok but could be better and our PP has sucked lately. I am really worried the bottom is starting to fall out of this team. I know we have the pieces to win but can they get it done is another matter all together. If the flow of the game takes on playoff form we should come out on top, if not we could be in serious hot water.

Wow two bad games and done eh? I think it is more of an issue getting into the right mindset to play poor teams we have had that issue for years! if we come out asleep tonight I will be wondering what's up but if we come out like the team we can be we will be in the hunt. I also think Price plays better against teams he considers worthy of his effort......

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

5-1 habs.   

They werent great against the sens but they know it.  The team is going to come out ready for this one & I think we're going to see all 4 lines flying.   Price will have a bounce back game. 

Not exactly we're on collecting flotsam and jetsam but 5-1?

Ok..2 1/2 hour game..It ends before my bed time..

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

5-1 habs.   

They werent great against the sens but they know it.  The team is going to come out ready for this one & I think we're going to see all 4 lines flying.   Price will have a bounce back game. 

Sounds good to me :) Yeah, the last game against the Sens was pretty bad. They definitely need to step it up tonight, otherwise it'll be ugly.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic