Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tues. Habs vs Sens


H_T_L
 Share

How close is Julien on the brink of being canned?  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. How much more rope does CJ have?

    • We'll win, so he's safe for awhile.
      1
    • This is the breaking point. Lose tonight and he's done.
      2
    • He'll need to lose at least a couple more before he's fired
      3
    • MB won't can him this season regardless. He'll just print new T-Shirts.
      8
    • Molson will step in and fire them both. HaHaHa
      0


Recommended Posts

  • H_T_L pinned this topic

I think the answer is probably somewhere between options 2 and 3.  I think its highly unlikely we see Julien turfed tomorrow (even if we lose) but its probably close (if we do).   
 

Im not certain he's "lost the room" - despite the insistence of some media pundits - but i think the team is pushing back a bit against his coaching.  Statements like "we are playing not to lose" make you wonder if they feel they would be better with a different system.  Especially considering most of the team saw Muller's coaching for a stretch last year...  

39 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Looks like JD is a go for Tues. Also looks like Kulak will sit in for Romanov, based on practice pairings today.

Will Tuna sit again?  Benched in the 3rd and not played at all in the OT.   He's a very popular player in the room, if the team feels he's being treated unfairly (he's been bad, yes, but has he really been any worse than Danault or some of our Dmen?) I could see this upsetting some (already upset) players... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, maas_art said:

 

Will Tuna sit again?  Benched in the 3rd and not played at all in the OT.   He's a very popular player in the room, if the team feels he's being treated unfairly (he's been bad, yes, but has he really been any worse than Danault or some of our Dmen?) I could see this upsetting some (already upset) players... 

Other then his pretty goal, Perry was pretty much invisible that whole game. I'd certainly like to see Lehky back in the lineup but not at Tuna's expense. I think the problem with Tuna is that his line should have seen Dano moved and not him. He's always looked good with Gally and so far he's not clicking at all on his new line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

top notch coaching decisions being made here! he was playing too well to start the season so we have to screw with his head!

 

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

:lol: Yeeeaaaaahhh... Romanov is the problem. :lol:

i agree,.....................and I dont believe that our "coach" has the ability to right the ship on a regular basis, imo GOOD coaches make the best use of what talents the players have, and not try to coach them into a system that doesn't fit with what they are capable of.....the old shoot it in the corner and then go after it method has proven to be not so productive play after play, our faster skaters either don't get breaks 'cuz no one can pass it ahead to them, or get NO help when they get a break....CJ needs to let them play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I expect a better performance out of the team tonight. 

I would like a better performance but expect more of the same. Weber said in his zoom call the other day there is a negative attitude hanging over the room. It wasn't one player in particular but the collection of players. To me this is a major sign of the coach losing the room. Players are not buying into the system and it is showing in their attitude and play on the ice. Then the Captain says something like that and warning bells should be going off in MB's office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much in the way of changes other then Kulak. 

Toffoli - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price
Allen

Scratches: Lehkonen, Mete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Not much in the way of changes other then Kulak. 

Toffoli - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price
Allen

Scratches: Lehkonen, Mete

Kulak in, good.  Lekhs out, bad.  

- Tatar needs to be back with Gallagher. The two work so well together, I think their centre is less important (although Id put JK between them).   Weber needs to be given a more mobile partner. Chairot needs to be pushed down the lineup.

This is getting frustrating. We finally have a good roster & we're using it in a far less than ideal way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Kulak in, good.  Lekhs out, bad.  

- Tatar needs to be back with Gallagher. The two work so well together, I think their centre is less important (although Id put JK between them).   Weber needs to be given a more mobile partner. Chairot needs to be pushed down the lineup.

This is getting frustrating. We finally have a good roster & we're using it in a far less than ideal way. 

Yep! I agree with all of this 100% it is not like the players suddenly got bad the up tempo style of play just vanished overnight. it is like CJ came in the room and said no more fun guys tighten up the defensive play you don't win games by scoring goals you win by not getting scored on...... I just hope we don't ruin the season and more players by waiting too long!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Kulak in, good.  Lekhs out, bad.  

- Tatar needs to be back with Gallagher. The two work so well together, I think their centre is less important (although Id put JK between them).   Weber needs to be given a more mobile partner. Chairot needs to be pushed down the lineup.

This is getting frustrating. We finally have a good roster & we're using it in a far less than ideal way. 

Another +1 for me on that - I like Dano and Chiarot being pushed down in the lineup - We need to see if KK elevates his game with Tatar and Gallagher vs. Armia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Other then his pretty goal, Perry was pretty much invisible that whole game. I'd certainly like to see Lehky back in the lineup but not at Tuna's expense. I think the problem with Tuna is that his line should have seen Dano moved and not him. He's always looked good with Gally and so far he's not clicking at all on his new line.

I think it's easier to make Tuna the scapegoat as there is a good chance that we don't resign him. Tuna is not the problem.  Danault is the center & is the key for that line. He is NOT playing well, and is dragging that line down. They are punishing Tuna,  to try to motivate Danault.  That is the Hab way. I don't see CJ long for the Habs. I would rather see Lehks in over most of the team, but do not have a problem  if the plan is to have everyone sit a game. So  I am not going to read too much into it. Just noticed,  Lehks out again.  Not good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Games on TSN so it remains to be seen if i'm blacked out for this one. They just said that Price hasn't played in 9 days. I seem to remember him losing to the Leafs just a few days ago.:7072:

No "Hmmmm" about it, you will be, same as me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...