Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Feb. 25, Habs @ Jets. 8 PM. est.


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

I suspect Price will get the start but i wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Allen out there. On the one hand you want to give Price the chance to try and impress the new boss, but on the other hand DD might want to send an early message of put up or sit down.

The lineup is what i'm waiting to see, especially the D pairings. Will there be any immediate changes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I suspect Price will get the start but i wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Allen out there. On the one hand you want to give Price the chance to try and impress the new boss, but on the other hand DD might want to send an early message of put up or sit down.

The lineup is what i'm waiting to see, especially the D pairings. Will there be any immediate changes?

I think so. I think DD will keep Petry and Ed together but I think Shea will most likely start the game with a new partner.  But maybe not. We shall see. I think the fact he's not a new coach (he's seen these guys for a long time now) means he already knows what he wants to try... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I suspect Price will get the start but i wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Allen out there. On the one hand you want to give Price the chance to try and impress the new boss, but on the other hand DD might want to send an early message of put up or sit down.

The lineup is what i'm waiting to see, especially the D pairings. Will there be any immediate changes?

I am also very interested to see who starts in goal this evening. Starting Allen could send a strong (and healthy) message to Price. He needs to perform better or he can have less game time while Allen performs really well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, claremont said:

I am curious to see the lines in practice update - certainly hoping that the D pairs change

Not a lot of info yet but this is from Marc Andre Perreault:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-KK-Perry
Lehkonen-Byron-Armia

Somewhat surprising lines but its possibly Evans is taking a therapy day or something.

On defense all he's said so far is that edmundson is not on the ice and Petry is skating with Kulak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Not a lot of info yet but this is from Marc Andre Perreault:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-KK-Perry
Lehkonen-Byron-Armia

Somewhat surprising lines but its possibly Evans is taking a therapy day or something.

On defense all he's said so far is that edmundson is not on the ice and Petry is skating with Kulak. 

Was really hoping they would drop PD down the 4th line if not the press box, Evans has been playing much better than PD so not happy he is scratched instead of that plug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 26NCounting said:

Was really hoping they would drop PD down the 4th line if not the press box, Evans has been playing much better than PD so not happy he is scratched instead of that plug

I suppose you have to give them a chance with the new system too. I mean lets face it, if Tatar-Danault-Gallagher get back to what they used to be, we're a much better team because we now have the Suzuki and JK lines too.   Will give DD a bit of slack to sort things out.


It will be interesting to see what he does on the fly if things arent working to his liking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

I suppose you have to give them a chance with the new system too. I mean lets face it, if Tatar-Danault-Gallagher get back to what they used to be, we're a much better team because we now have the Suzuki and JK lines too.   Will give DD a bit of slack to sort things out.


It will be interesting to see what he does on the fly if things arent working to his liking. 

Agreed, hope it breaks PD out of his slump.  However I really have my doubt PD isn't playing to his strengths nor his style of game, he seems to be trying to play as an elite C and just doesn't have near enough skill to pull it off.  Kind of like he is playing to increase his value for the next contract when in reality he is doing everything possible to lower it LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Maintenance day for Price and Edmunston. 

I can understand Edmunston taking a maintenance,,, but Price??? He's had a light schedule and a recent week off. If he's not 100% then why not Allen tonight if he's nursing something. Somethings fishy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

I can understand Edmunston taking a maintenance,,, but Price??? He's had a light schedule and a recent week off. If he's not 100% then why not Allen tonight if he's nursing something. Somethings fishy

Well, CP is starting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Chiarot-Weber

Edmundson-Petry

Kulak-Romanov

 

38 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ducharme on his offensive philosophy. “I want players to express themselves....puck support is a big thing....I want us to be active.....I want the puck carrier to have options.”

I feel like his philosophy is going to be tested if he keeps the 1st pairing like that...  :4322:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I know that. It's why i'm saying it doesn't make sense if he's not 100% when we have Allen available.

He may have just given Price a day of rest as more of a way of saying "your technique and crap are solid you need to get your head straight for tonight. refocus and come back and show your critics that you are the Price of old" or something like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...