Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Mon. Mar. 8, Habs @ Vancouver, 10 PM, est.


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • H_T_L pinned this topic
  • H_T_L changed the title to Mon. Mar. 8, Habs @ Vancouver, 10 PM, est.
17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Another late game.:rolleyes: Going to need a good reason to stay up for most of this one. One period could be the limit.

Then the Wed. game is out of the question. :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the Vancouver Sun: 

“Just worry about the next game,” suggested Miller.

And there’s lots to worry about. Montreal has dominated the season series with a 4-0-1 record and has outscored Vancouver 28-16. Former Canucks winger Tyler Toffoli, who’s second in NHL goals, has eight goals in the season series, 11 points, 25 shots and is a plus-9."

:4224: Are we in their heads?  :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TEAM SCORING LEADERS 

CANADIENS vs. CANUCKS
Tyler Toffoli 8 3 11 +9
Jeff Petry 3 4 7 +11
Joel Armia 2 3 5 +5
Jesperi Kotkaniemi 1 4 5 +5

CANUCKS vs. CANADIENS
Bo Horvat 4 2 6 -6
Quinn Hughes 0 6 6 -9
Brock Boeser 2 3 5 -11
J.T. Miller 0 5 5 -8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TEAM SCORING LEADERS 

CANADIENS vs. CANUCKS
Tyler Toffoli 8 3 11 +9
Jeff Petry 3 4 7 +11
Joel Armia 2 3 5 +5
Jesperi Kotkaniemi 1 4 5 +5

CANUCKS vs. CANADIENS
Bo Horvat 4 2 6 -6
Quinn Hughes 0 6 6 -9
Brock Boeser 2 3 5 -11
J.T. Miller 0 5 5 -8

Hmmm Quinn Hughes -9 and thats the kind of defenseman everyone is dreaming of Mmmmmm no thank-you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Hmmm Quinn Hughes -9 and thats the kind of defenseman everyone is dreaming of Mmmmmm no thank-you!

 

13 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Quinn Hughes likely would have his confidence destroyed and be demoted to Laval if he was a Montreal prospect... Because that's just how we do it.

yeah as ive said before: fans often look at highlights and say 'thats what we need' but as good as Hughes is offensively, he's been really pretty bad defensively.  Maybe an in-his-prime Weber or similar player playing next to him would have worked but right now Hughes has not been good from his own blueline back.  There's still time to learn that side of the game but i almost guarantee if we had drafted him, he'd be in Laval (or maybe on our 3rd pair) and being asked to play a defensive game which, frankly, he may never be suited for.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

 

yeah as ive said before: fans often look at highlights and say 'thats what we need' but as good as Hughes is offensively, he's been really pretty bad defensively.  Maybe an in-his-prime Weber or similar player playing next to him would have worked but right now Hughes has not been good from his own blueline back.  There's still time to learn that side of the game but i almost guarantee if we had drafted him, he'd be in Laval (or maybe on our 3rd pair) and being asked to play a defensive game which, frankly, he may never be suited for.  

 

 

I will say he has a lot of talent and he can still learn and may turn out to be better. Sort of like how everyone was thrilled with the Ghost in Philly in his first season or so. Now he sometimes sits out. It's great to have offensive skills as long as a young player can learn when and where to utilize them. If they don't concentrate on being good defensively they can fall out with coaches and the teams quickly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I will say he has a lot of talent and he can still learn and may turn out to be better. Sort of like how everyone was thrilled with the Ghost in Philly in his first season or so. Now he sometimes sits out. It's great to have offensive skills as long as a young player can learn when and where to utilize them. If they don't concentrate on being good defensively they can fall out with coaches and the teams quickly.  

For sure. Its a bit like Tkachuk in Ottawa.  They are a terrible team so they just let him "do his thing" for 20 minutes a night - and he's a beast in the offensive zone, but away from the puck he's been pretty bad.   On a contending or even decent team, he's probably pushed down the lineup (or at very least limited in his minutes) so he can be less of a defensive liability.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

I will say he has a lot of talent and he can still learn and may turn out to be better. Sort of like how everyone was thrilled with the Ghost in Philly in his first season or so. Now he sometimes sits out. It's great to have offensive skills as long as a young player can learn when and where to utilize them. If they don't concentrate on being good defensively they can fall out with coaches and the teams quickly.  

There were a lot of us fans that wanted Ghost at $4.5M on our LD. He's been playing some good minutes for Philly this year and would have been an upgrade IMO over Chiarot or Edmundsen at the time, but the difference now is miniscule at least over Chiarot.  Edmundsen's plus minus is solid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, claremont said:

There were a lot of us fans that wanted Ghost at $4.5M on our LD. He's been playing some good minutes for Philly this year and would have been an upgrade IMO over Chiarot or Edmundsen at the time, but the difference now is miniscule at least over Chiarot.  Edmundsen's plus minus is solid. 

For some reason I was never a big fan of Ghost. Though he might be good in a limited role. I just don't think we have a deep enough d to have someone of a limited role. I do think watching that if Romanov gets enough time on the PP and some OT time. I think he has the tools to develop into what were missing. He's just not there yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do hope tonight the team keeps the pressure on and doesn't ease up because of our last success against Vancouver. The last game is what the team needed to feel good again. The team needs to play hard the full game be aggressive and stay out of the box!!!

Lets do this!.......................................................................GO HABS GO!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Van just slapped the Laffs if our team thinks this is going to be easy we will get burnt. this is where we will see if we have a good coach! I often felt we were not prepped for these types of games with CJ.

I agree....can DD get these guys fired up so as not to blow it ?......."on paper" we're the better team..............but the game is played on ice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...