Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Oilers VS Habs, Mon. May 10, 7 PM est. RDS, TSN2, TSN 690 Radio


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, claremont said:

Hopefully McDavid has got his 100 points and sits out - Habs need to bring it for one of these 2 games and not rely upon the back door. As someone mentioned earlier, It would be nice to have Vancouver win one more game in this season.

I think its unlikely McDavid or Draitsaitl sit out but there's a good chance both ease up now that the the games are basically a formality.   I could see them putting in 80-90% effort - which is still basically better than any player we have at 100% effort but may give us a fighting chance. 

If we win tonight & the jets lose their last two then a win by us in the next game with the OIl (and a loss by the jets to TO on fri) would put us in 3rd and the jets in 4th.  Im not sure who teh oilers would rather play in the first round but if it comes down to that last game, maybe they sit out then if they want a us over winnipeg to start the play offs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The morning skate lines:
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen
Perry - Staal - Caufield

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Chiarot
Romanov - Merrill

Allen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I think its unlikely McDavid or Draitsaitl sit out but there's a good chance both ease up now that the the games are basically a formality.   I could see them putting in 80-90% effort - which is still basically better than any player we have at 100% effort but may give us a fighting chance. 

If we win tonight & the jets lose their last two then a win by us in the next game with the OIl (and a loss by the jets to TO on fri) would put us in 3rd and the jets in 4th.  Im not sure who teh oilers would rather play in the first round but if it comes down to that last game, maybe they sit out then if they want a us over winnipeg to start the play offs. 

I doubt the Oilers who are 2-4-1 vs us and 7-2 vs the Jets would prefer to play us. We have out scored them 20-14 and they outscored the Jets 31-21. I think they would rather play the Jets as we have had their number all year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The morning skate lines:
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen
Perry - Staal - Caufield

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Chiarot
Romanov - Merrill

Allen

I wish, when Danault comes back, we'd just push Evans back to 4th and put Danault in that 3rd spot but I suspect everyone gets pushed back one.  Im really curious, once everyone is healthy, if Staal sits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

This will be the 1st time in 112 years that there is not one Quebecer in the line-up. 

Hrm, Maybe Belzille dresses after all. lol.

Im not sure if the team will care but who knows.   Saturday was going to break the streak but Belzille was a last minute add.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The morning skate lines:
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen
Perry - Staal - Caufield

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Chiarot
Romanov - Merrill

Allen

I saw some media report Armia was on the JK line and Anderson with Suzuki... not sure which is right.

 

Not loving Caufield stuck on the 4th while true 4th liner Byron gets to play on the 3rd. Byron was decent with those linemates when they played as the 4th line, but Caufield has been better in general and deserves the nod over him. Playing with Staal just completely negates his offensive potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I saw some media report Armia was on the JK line and Anderson with Suzuki... not sure which is right.

 

Not loving Caufield stuck on the 4th while true 4th liner Byron gets to play on the 3rd. Byron was decent with those linemates when they played as the 4th line, but Caufield has been better in general and deserves the nod over him. Playing with Staal just completely negates his offensive potential.

I would like to see Armia and CC changed. I can see Byron with Evans spending a lot of time against McDavid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I saw some media report Armia was on the JK line and Anderson with Suzuki... not sure which is right.

Not loving Caufield stuck on the 4th while true 4th liner Byron gets to play on the 3rd. Byron was decent with those linemates when they played as the 4th line, but Caufield has been better in general and deserves the nod over him. Playing with Staal just completely negates his offensive potential.

It's an interesting challenge for Caufield - he has had a bit of chemistry with Perry - No one has had any chemistry with Staal. Perhaps the thinking is that Caufield needs to learn how to exploit the checking of 4th liners on the opposition, and appreciate the defensive responsibilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caufield on the 4th line just makes zero sense, other then having him on the bench for the PP.

He ends up with fewer minutes, playing against the nasties from the other teams 4th lines and becomes someone who the coaches can blame when Perry and Stall cannot get back to defend.

How about a third line of Leks, Evans and Armia,

Suzukia with Toffoli and Anderson,

Tatar with KK and Caufield,

Byron and Stall and Perry. Makes more sense.

Then when you have a PP , you can  have

KK and Caufield in one pairing and

Toffili and Suzuki in the other.

So not only do they just play together 5 on 5, which will only help with chemistry, they will now know each other better on the PP.. seems like the coach throws names in a hat and assistants draw from the hat for lines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...