The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

May 29, Laffers @ the Habs, 7:30, CBC SN And Other Places

kinot-2

I hope every single one of the 2500 fans ends up losing their voices from screaming so loundly and getting this team motivated.   

I think they can do it.  And, to paraphrase MB:  Anything can happen in a game 7.  Lets get there boys.  

14 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I hope every single one of the 2500 fans ends up losing their voices from screaming so loundly and getting this team motivated.   

I think they can do it.  And, to paraphrase MB:  Anything can happen in a game 7.  Lets get there boys.  

They had better, they have saved up their voices for over a year. 

One word, hitting.  Finishing checks like in the first period last game.  I dont know why they stopped after that period, it's one of the biggest reasons why the habs are still playing.  It gives the leafs a lot of trouble and you can see many of their players rushing passes, flubbing the puck, and just trying to get rid of it before they get hit.. I like anderson when he flies into guys, not when he just turns away like I saw him doing especially in the third.  Why do you guys think that changes during the game?   There wasn't any glaring mistakes of being out of position to give a body check although I wasn't paying attention to every minute of last game.  One of the goals from last game came right after perry layer out a leaf

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

What makes you think that Leafs fans will not buy up a large chunk of those 2500 tickets :6396:? It'll be funny if the TV broadcast shows a large sea of blue in the audience :7013:.  As far as I know, there're no out of province restrictions on ticket sales. Scalpers will sell to ANYONE willing to pay and I'd bet many Leafs fans are willing to pay the inflated prices and make the journey for a very historic moment in their playoff history :frech1:

9 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

What makes you think that Leafs fans will not buy up a large chunk of those 2500 tickets :6396:? It'll be funny if the TV broadcast shows a large sea of blue in the audience :7013:.  As far as I know, there're no out of province restrictions on ticket sales. Scalpers will sell to ANYONE willing to pay and I'd bet many Leafs fans are willing to pay the inflated prices and make the journey for a very historic moment in their playoff history :frech1:

Just goes to show how stupid they are to pay those prices when they could watch it at home for free. it is already embarassing for the Laffs to have not swept us when you consider how our team is being coached and run! what a bunch of losers!

9 minutes ago, claremont said:

anyone know the lineup yet?

Forward Jake Evans skated with his teammates for the first time since suffering an undisclosed injury in Game 1, but remains out of the lineup for Game 6 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Evans played in 47 games this season for the Canadiens and posted three goals and 10 assists.  He did not record a point in Game 1 of the series before leaving with the injury.

Defenceman Brett Kulak will replace Jon Merrill and play beside Erik Gustafsson, who will switch to the left side.

Canadiens lines vs. Maple Leafs

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Armia - Staal - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Gustafsson

Price
Allen

Scratches: Evans, Frolik, Merrill, Romanov, Ouellet

Keys to winning Game 6????

1.Price standing on his head once again

2. Some of our no shows coming through

We need offensive production from all 3 of Dano's line and Toffu. Would also be nice to get something from our backend in the form of offense. I don't think we have a single point back there yet,,, for sure no goals.

Everyone but Toffu that i've mentioned are still possibly having lingering effects from injuries,,, other then Price who seems to be in form.

Gally looking better each game but he's had 5 matches now so it's time.

Dano is Dano,,,, offense is streaky at best.

Tuna,,,  there's got to be something holding him back.

Toffu,,, who the hell knows??

Weber,,, still obviously not 100%

Petry,,,, banged up or nursing an injury??

Will any of these guys step forward??

Regular season points from the guys who haven't done squat for us on offense.

Toffu was #1 with 44 points (52 games)

Petry #2 with 42 (55 games)

Tuna #4 with 30 (50 games)

Dano #6 with 24 (53 games)

Gally #7 with 23 ( 35 games)

Weber #11 with 19 (48 games)

How we've managed to win 2 games without any offense from these guys is a miracle IMO. 

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Keys to winning Game 6????

1.Price standing on his head once again

2. Some of our no shows coming through

We need offensive production from all 3 of Dano's line and Toffu. Would also be nice to get something from our backend in the form of offense. I don't think we have a single point back there yet,,, for sure no goals.

Everyone but Toffu that i've mentioned are still possibly having lingering effects from injuries,,, other then Price who seems to be in form.

Gally looking better each game but he's had 5 matches now so it's time.

Dano is Dano,,,, offense is streaky at best.

Tuna,,,  there's got to be something holding him back.

Toffu,,, who the hell knows??

Weber,,, still obviously not 100%

Petry,,,, banged up or nursing an injury??

Will any of these guys step forward??

My additional Keys 1) Stay out of the Penalty Box - even thought the Laff PP has not scored much, it is still dangerous 2) Stop The MM line 3) Hit everything possible - these finesse players don't like to get hit - I am still ticked that Romanov is not playing!

1 minute ago, claremont said:

My additional Keys 1) Stay out of the Penalty Box - even thought the Laff PP has not scored much, it is still dangerous 2) Stop The MM line 3) Hit everything possible - these finesse players don't like to get hit - I am still ticked that Romanov is not playing!

The zebras definitely need to stay out of this game. If we see a repeat of game 2, it's all over. I'd rather they call nothing rather then those selective ones they seem to be famous for. Call everything or nothing. Let the players decide the game and not the refs. I agree about the hitting but i think it's taking as much a toll on us as it is on them. Don't get me started about Romavov. :rolleyes:

I hope we get fair reffing.

I hope the boys finish their checks.

I hope we get the lead and keep it. 

I hope Carey is Carey again.

I hope we keep M&M off the board.

I hope we win in reg.

That is all. :)

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Tuna not taking the skate, Evans is. 

Evans is taking line rushes with Danault and Gallagher, so looks like it is a direct swap and Evans plays LW. Rumor is that Tatar is a healthy scratch but to be confirmed.