• Habs in 5
    • Habs in 6
    • Habs in 7
    • LV in 4
    • LV in 5
    • LV in 6
    • LV in 7

31 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Looks like we'll be starting Monday. TB-NYI starts Sunday at 3PM.

Unless something major happens for Col very quickly, it looks like we'll be playing Vegas. 

Both look tough but i think we would have matched up better against Col but Fleury still has looked a little shaky at times so... 

Looks like we take LV on Sat. 6-3 now, 2 left. Still an MTnet.

:4224:  Commentators : (paraphrasing) Habs are like lambs to the slaughter and "they don't have a chance". . 

1 minute ago, PuckPundit said:

It's Vegas!!!  

For the superstitious wanting a slim glimmer of hope, at least it didn't go to 7 games.  So far in this playoffs, the Game 7 winner has beaten the team which swept its previous series.    

Not something I want to hear. :frech1:

OK,,, watching the Avs/Vegas game, a commentator said at the end of the game" (paraphrasing) Habs are like lambs to the slaughter and "they don't have a chance". . 

19 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

OK,,, watching the Avs/Vegas game, a commentator said at the end of the game" (paraphrasing) Habs are like lambs to the slaughter and "they don't have a chance". . 

He was being facetious. He said this is  how each of their previous series' were being called but the team had other plans ;) 

The Clarence S. Campbell Bowl is a Western Conference winner's trophy.  So how can Vegas not win it :4224:?

The Habs are drawn in the wrong Conference against the wrong opponent :P.

Betting Odds

New York Islanders     +225
Tampa Bay Lightning   -265

Montreal Canadiens     +375
Vegas Golden Knights  -450

Would the believers dare to put their money where their mouth is? Pretty lucrative $$$ I must say.

1 hour ago, PuckPundit said:

The Clarence S. Campbell Bowl is a Western Conference winner's trophy.  So how can Vegas not win it :4224:?

The Habs are drawn in the wrong Conference against the wrong opponent :P.

Betting Odds

New York Islanders     +225
Tampa Bay Lightning   -265

Montreal Canadiens     +375
Vegas Golden Knights  -450

Would the believers dare to put their money where their mouth is? Pretty lucrative $$$ I must say.

Well you have been wrong almost every game so far.....so......lol. Go Habs!

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Haven't sen the full semi schedule yet but i'm assuming we don't have any B2B's to worry about this round.

PS,,,,, i would never jinx my team by betting for or against them.

Nope, literally every 2 days til it's done. And all 8-9PM EST starts.

Former Montreal deputy mayor and now radio host Luc Ferrandez on the record today saying he hopes the Habs lose the series against Vegas because Vegas has the most Quebecers (4) of any team in the league and if Montreal loses it will force the team and fans to realize that they need more Quebecers on the team in order to have success. Says he likes hockey less and less and wants to support the French culture more than he cares about seeing a winning team.

And this is exactly why there should be no rules about having a French requirement to play for or coach the Habs. Again, nice if you can do it without sacrificing success, but it's attitude like this that prove the whole requirement thing is purely politically-motivated. Very disappointing and irresponsible for a public figure to come out and say something like that.

13 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Former Montreal deputy mayor and now radio host Luc Ferrandez on the record today saying he hopes the Habs lose the series against Vegas because Vegas has the most Quebecers (4) of any team in the league and if Montreal loses it will force the team and fans to realize that they need more Quebecers on the team in order to have success. Says he likes hockey less and less and wants to support the French culture more than he cares about seeing a winning team.

And this is exactly why there should be no rules about having a French requirement to play for or coach the Habs. Again, nice if you can do it without sacrificing success, but it's attitude like this that prove the whole requirement thing is purely politically-motivated. Very disappointing and irresponsible for a public figure to come out and say something like that.

I'm willing to bet that the moron hasn't actually watched a single Knights game all season and is only using statements like these to further his political agenda. It's sad that there's still a place for that kind of stuff in this day and age, but some people just never learn. He sjould just quit following hockey then, good riddance.