• Habs in 5
    • Habs in 6
    • Habs in 7
    • LV in 4
    • LV in 5
    • LV in 6
    • LV in 7

53 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I too was surprised that he came back with Fleury in game five. Lehner played really solid in game four. I have no idea what he'll do in game six. Whoever it is, I just want a nice, relaxing, convincing win for the Habs!

Lehner got lucky in game 4 though because he is not as good a goalie as MAF.  He has horrible side to side reactions & If we had had a couple of PPs I can almost guarantee we would have scored on RL.  The bigger surprise was going with Lehner in game 4 - because Fleury, aside from the obvious blunder in game 3 has been quite good.  I just wonder if Fleury was a bit under the weather or something & thats why they actually played Lehner.

If we can close this thing out, that gaffe giving the puck to anderson will be remembered as a turning point in the series imho. 

Does anyone else realize that except during PP, the Habs seldom pass the puck back out into the centre for a one-timer whenever they're in the O zone ? I've noticed other teams do that whenever the shooting lanes in the O zone are blocked.  But the Habs prefer to dump the puck behind the net or to the end boards to try to shoot at close range near the crease?   

6 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Does anyone else realize that except during PP, the Habs seldom pass the puck back out into the centre for a one-timer whenever they're in the O zone ? I've noticed other teams do that whenever the shooting lanes in the O zone are blocked.  But the Habs prefer to dump the puck behind the net or to the end boards to try to shoot at close range near the crease?   

The stats suggest this isn't true. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but sportlogiq had stats from a number of the games against both Winnipeg and Vegas where we were dominating in chances from the slot, chances from the high slot, and passes to the slot. 

It's amazing how good our PP and PK are. PK is at 93.2% and our PP is at 20%. I've never seen a PK anywhere near 90%. 

Montreal has an all-time record of 26-3 (.897) when leading 3-2 in a best-of-7 Stanley Cup Playoff series.

Teams that take a 3-2 lead in a best-of-seven playoff semifinals series are 68-16 (.810) to win that series.

The Golden Knights had seven forwards score at least 14 goals during the regular season: Max Pacioretty (24), Mark Stone (21), Alex Tuch (18), Jonathan Marchessault (18), Chandler Stephenson (14), William Karlsson (14) and Reilly Smith (14). They have combined for one goal against Montreal, by Pacioretty in Game 5.

11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

It's amazing how good our PP and PK are. PK is at 93.2% and our PP is at 20%. I've never seen a PK anywhere near 90%. 

We haven't let in a goal on the PK since Game 4 against the leafs. I believe we're also a net positive on the PK; we've scored more goals shorthanded than we've let in! It's not a penalty kill, it's a power kill! 

We've won every game where we scored 2 goals or more. 

We wen't like 6 or 7 gams without ever being behind. 

There are a lot of story lines behind this run. Something special is happening 

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

The stats suggest this isn't true. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but sportlogiq had stats from a number of the games against both Winnipeg and Vegas where we were dominating in chances from the slot, chances from the high slot, and passes to the slot. 

One thing the players are doing very very well - almost all of them - in the offensive zone, is not taking wild shots that result in a turnover. We did that a lot in the regular season but in the playoffs its all been about smart, simple plays to move the puck closer to the net & get a better chance/opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

7 teams have had a perfect 100% record but they all played 7 games or less.  Our current PK stat puts us in some elite company for sure. No team has had a higher % with more games played.  The wings had a 96% in 2004 but only played 12 games.  The Stars had a 94.6% but played 13.    The fact we have this high of a percentage with this many GP is pretty staggering.   If you look at all the other teams with close to the same % they all played waaaay less games.   The 2000 Devils had a 92.5% PK with 23 GP so thats the standard to beat for a deep run imho. 

4 minutes ago, habsisme said:

We haven't let in a goal on the PK since Game 4 against the leafs. I believe we're also a net positive on the PK; we've scored more goals shorthanded than we've let in! It's not a penalty kill, it's a power kill! 

We've won every game where we scored 2 goals or more. 

We wen't like 6 or 7 gams without ever being behind. 

There are a lot of story lines behind this run. Something special is happening 

There's a couple of NHL records in there and several very close.  Its definitely been a pretty special run... and i think the guys are going to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesnt come to an end. 

Remmeber a few weeks ago after game 7 when most of us said "I don't care what happens with the jets, we already have exceeded my expectations!"

Just going to leave this here:

Screen shot 2021-06-24 at 12.30.37 PM.png

8 minutes ago, maas_art said:

There's a couple of NHL records in there and several very close.  Its definitely been a pretty special run... and i think the guys are going to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesnt come to an end. 

Remmeber a few weeks ago after game 7 when most of us said "I don't care what happens with the jets, we already have exceeded my expectations!"

But now we're getting greedy. :lol:

From Robin Lehner.. he's a character but one of the likeable guys on Vegas:

Congrats to for a hell of a series. Best of luck in the finals. Tough loss tonight but proud of how hard everyone worked this season. We are right there. We will come back better. Thanks to all the people who has supported us this year. good luck too you.

Not sure if its been noted but we become only the 5th team to win both the Campbell and Prince of wales conference awards.  

The other 4 were teams that moved conferences:

Detroit (13 Prince of Wales, 6 Campbell)  

Philly (4/6)  

Chicago (2/7)  

NYI (3/3)

We now have 25 Prince of Wales & 1 Clarence Campbell! :4224: