The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MB

So did he do enough to save his job? one would think so and truth be told I think he did a pretty good job last off season. It was a crazy year covid break injuries the Drouin mystery playing all of those games down the stretch in such a short period of time a coaching change behind the bench and then the goalie coach! crazy! I think if he can have another good offseason like last we could still be able to contend, we have some dead weight to get rid of and perhaps a couple of trades and free agent signings again and we could be a force. Price has proven that when it counts he cans till be elite the D needs one more puck mover for sure a good one not some retread and they would be ok for one more year, up front there is some hope with CC Zuke Anderson Tofu and Evans coming in and playing great! we have to make some decisions with others but the core is pretty good for at least one more go but only if we make good moves this off season.

15 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

At least. I wouldn't be surprised to see Molson sign up for another five years though.

OUCH - that would hurt! I can't deny MB's recent run of success and by tying himself to Weber and Price, he certainly has been vindicated, however this team needs some substantial bold moves of restructuring in the off season - Spending money in free agency is easy, but can he pull off some deals to keep us in the contention status? When we revert out of the North to our normal division, this team on paper looks like it will have a hard time making the playoffs "for anything to happen" We need some overhauls in the forward line department.

57 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

“I have one more year on my contract, and I will honour that,”

Lobbying for an extension or honesty? Do we think Bergevin is going to finish up as general manager next season?

There's some talk he could move "upstairs" IE as president or Director of Hockey Operations or something... 

• H_T_L locked this topic