The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

H_T_L

20 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Sell the team and move them from MTL so we can finally get past this whole language barrier that keeps us behind the 8 ball!!!!!!

Ok seriously lets just start by firing the entire coaching and scouting staff along with MB

We just need ownership willing to tell the ones that worry about that to take a hike.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-looking-at-positives-as-canadiens-focus-on-the-future

Stu Cowan: Looking at positives as Canadiens focus on the future

Play the young kids this season, let them grow together with less pressure and live with their mistakes while working to correct them

1 minute ago, Regis22 said:

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-looking-at-positives-as-canadiens-focus-on-the-future

Stu Cowan: Looking at positives as Canadiens focus on the future

Play the young kids this season, let them grow together with less pressure and live with their mistakes while working to correct them

I don't know,  if I have ever seen the Habs' regime,  ever do this.

30 minutes ago, habsisme said:

Even I, who likes MB, think like the rest of us that its time for a rebuild. If MB is not willing to do that, then someone needs to take his place

I nominate "habsisme" for GM. :P

44 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Habs fall to 4-11-2. This is the first time in franchise history that the Canadiens have lost 13 of their first 17 games of a season.

it would be interesting to see the coaching records of past coaches who were fired. I suspect very few had a win percentage as bad as .267% 17 games into a season. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

it would be interesting to see the coaching records of past Hab coaches who were fired. I suspect very few had a win percentage as bad as .267% 17 games into a season. 

Remember this?

The Canadiens missed the playoffs in the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season.  It was the first time in 25 years the Habs failed to qualify for the postseason.  Obviously, heads would have to roll.  For some reason, though, the coaching staff remaining intact during the offseason. Perhaps it was the offensive spark that came when the team acquired Pierre Turgeon, who immediately clicked with Damphousse and Recchi to provide some much-needed scoring. Perhaps it was General Manager Serge Savard’s unwillingness to part ways with his coach. Whatever the reason, the team went into the 1995-96 season with the same manager that dealt away LeClair, Desjardins, Muller, and Schneider and the same coach that steered the team to an eleventh-place finish in the Eastern Conference.  The Habs stumbled to an 0-4 start where they scored just one goal in each of their first four games.  It was the club’s worst start in 57 years, since the 1938-39 Canadiens began the year 0-7, Larry Wigge reported.  That was enough for  Habs’ president Ron Corey, who fired both Serge Savard and Jacques Demers. I don't even want to remind you what happened next. But I will say, that it was the beginning of the end. (which is where we are still at today)

8 minutes ago, MuddyWaterMoose said:

State of the Habs?

Well, every day after work I check the sports news to see if anyone has been fired.

Every day I am disappointed.

That is the state of the Habs.

sounds like more of state of MuddyWaterMoose  :4224::7013:

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

interesting.  Does this mean the plan is to play JD at centre full time now?    Otherwise we're short down the middle... 

We could have still played JD at center, more likely what it means is that someone is ready to come off the IR or get called up from Laval and we needed to open a roster spot.

12 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

We could have still played JD at center, more likely what it means is that someone is ready to come off the IR or get called up from Laval and we needed to open a roster spot.

Suzuki,  Dvorak, Evans & Poehling were the centers @ the morning skate.

• H_T_L locked this topic