Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Dvorak has been fine. He hasn't done anything extraordinary on his own but his line is playing well. His possession numbers are slightly under 50% and pretty much on target with what he's done his entire career. And he's on track to hit 35-40 points, which is also smack on target for what he's done his entire career. So I don't think anyone can say Dvorak isn't doing what Dvorak does. This is Dvorak. He's a middle 6 center who plays a sound positional game and puts up an average amount of points. There was always a small chance he broke out in a new system, but I said the following at the time of the trade:

- He's not a 1C and at 25 years old with 5 years NHL experience under his belt, he wasn't likely to suddenly jump up into another echelon of production. He has a known floor, whereby you know he's going to give you a certain amount of production and utility, but his ability to grow and hit a higher-end potential were very low.

- While we can say that Arizona was an awful team, Dvorak also benefited from getting lots of ice time with Arizona, way more than Kotkaniemi got here. As a result, it's not like we could say he was putting up 35 points in 12 minutes of ice a night. He was putting up those numbers with 16.5-18.5 minutes a night the past two years including PP time. This year, he's getting slightly under 19 minutes. But those extra 30 seconds a night aren't going to translate into 20 extra points per year all by themselves.

- He wasn't worth a 1st and a 2nd round pick, especially when that meant you were giving up more than you got in return for Kotkaniemi. I also said that I expected JK to struggle in year one with Carolina, as he shifted to a new organization and new position at wing, well down the depth chart on a strong roster. But I also expect JK to get more opportunity next year as the Carolina roster turns over a bit. Again, it's not to say Kotkaniemi will become a star, but at 21 and without ever having had big minutes or big opportunity, there's more room for him to grow there, and he's doing it on the background of having been a strong possession player here for us already.

The only thing that has really disappointed me about Dvorak since he arrived here is his demeanor. He seems to be a bit like Shea Weber: gives an effort but seems to be completely devoid of emotion. He doesn't look like he's enjoying himself out there, he doesn't ever smile, he doesn't really even celebrate that much after scoring. And while we can say results are results and as long as he performs who cares, this team as a whole really lacks leadership and it looks like they aren't having much fun at all. So I worry other players take cues from his lack of enjoyment and feel like he isn't invested. Other than that, he's pretty much bang on with what I thought we were getting. And if I could go back, I'd still rather have kept Kotkaniemi for the one year at 6.1M and never made those draft pick swaps.

Yeah that is more or less what I was getting at, others though thought Dvorak was going to be a 2C when all indication was he was a fill-in in a pinch but was a really solid 3C. I would have hated paying KK 6.1 Mil but since we let Danault walk it would have been easier to swallow as we should have just been looking for 1 top 9 center not 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

- Powerplay bad but has been bad for a while

- PK very bad, which is new under Ducharme

- Not very good possession stats this year. We were way better under Julien.

- Very little cohesion in terms of a system for puck support

- Poor team discipline

- Ducharme seems to have lost the room, has exerted no leadership himself, and today blamed the players and said it's not his job to get them motivated every two days (um, actually it is)

He's been fairly useless as a coach. Most of the things that can actually be influenced by a coach don't seem to be going well. I don't really know why he's here, and it's looking worse and worse that we chose to keep him and let Bouchard walk.

As I said before I am not going to beat the drum on DD but I cannot help it. This guy is useless!!!!!

His post game interviews are brutal! He never answers the questions asked and when he does respond he has no idea what the hell he is saying. He keeps talking about a style of hockey the team needs to play. Really I think the team is playing his style right now. They fired CJ with a much better record than this guy and he is still there??? MB signed this guy and that was just another blunder by our illustrious manager. We should have hired Bouchard. Both these guys need to go NOW!!!! This team is a ship without a rudder and the rudder is totally lost! The other three guys in the $1,000 suits should be included in the pink slip process.

How much longer is Molson going to put up with this BS?? His beer business has been very sccessful but his hockey business is a total disaster. Torts or Babcock would be a better choice behind the bench. The fact that he indicates it is the player who need to motivate themselves is being said only because he has no idea on how to get that done and the three three guys are dead from the waist up.

When we let CJ go in Feb  he had a record of 9W - 6L - 5 OTL

If we go back to April DD has a record of 11W - 19L - 2 OTL - (Regular season)

They pulled the pin with CJ but we still have a Bantam coach behing the bench? 

HIs interviews are a strong indication of his coaching style. The play on the ice is a clear picture of his skill as a coach.

There is no motivation with this team. They are totally lost on the ice and are disconnected in so many ways. Shots taken and no second efforts by anyone. The defence has no idea where they should be and leaving Allen hung out to fend for himself. They can have as many 20min meetings they want it is not going to make a difference. They need new direction and it has to come from a new voice.

This is totally embarassing for this revered franchise. I am hoping the they connect MB to the Beach incident and he has to resign. There is no way that the guy in charge of player development knew nothing about that situation. :5155:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, richard464 said:

As I said before I am not going to beat the drum on DD but I cannot help it. This guy is useless!!!!!

His post game interviews are brutal! He never answers the questions asked and when he does respond he has no idea what the hell he is saying. He keeps talking about a style of hockey the team needs to play. Really I think the team is playing his style right now. They fired CJ with a much better record than this guy and he is still there??? MB signed this guy and that was just another blunder by our illustrious manager. We should have hired Bouchard. Both these guys need to go NOW!!!! This team is a ship without a rudder and the rudder is totally lost! The other three guys in the $1,000 suits should be included in the pink slip process.

How much longer is Molson going to put up with this BS?? His beer business has been very sccessful but his hockey business is a total disaster. Torts or Babcock would be a better choice behind the bench. The fact that he indicates it is the player who need to motivate themselves is being said only because he has no idea on how to get that done and the three three guys are dead from the waist up.

When we let CJ go in Feb  he had a record of 9W - 6L - 5 OTL

If we go back to April DD has a record of 11W - 19L - 2 OTL - (Regular season)

They pulled the pin with CJ but we still have a Bantam coach behing the bench? 

HIs interviews are a strong indication of his coaching style. The play on the ice is a clear picture of his skill as a coach.

There is no motivation with this team. They are totally lost on the ice and are disconnected in so many ways. Shots taken and no second efforts by anyone. The defence has no idea where they should be and leaving Allen hung out to fend for himself. They can have as many 20min meetings they want it is not going to make a difference. They need new direction and it has to come from a new voice.

This is totally embarassing for this revered franchise. I am hoping the they connect MB to the Beach incident and he has to resign. There is no way that the guy in charge of player development knew nothing about that situation. :5155:

 

 

I agree with everything here, including the Beach reference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, richard464 said:

As I said before I am not going to beat the drum on DD but I cannot help it. This guy is useless!!!!!

His post game interviews are brutal! He never answers the questions asked and when he does respond he has no idea what the hell he is saying. He keeps talking about a style of hockey the team needs to play. Really I think the team is playing his style right now. They fired CJ with a much better record than this guy and he is still there??? MB signed this guy and that was just another blunder by our illustrious manager. We should have hired Bouchard. Both these guys need to go NOW!!!! This team is a ship without a rudder and the rudder is totally lost! The other three guys in the $1,000 suits should be included in the pink slip process.

How much longer is Molson going to put up with this BS?? His beer business has been very sccessful but his hockey business is a total disaster. Torts or Babcock would be a better choice behind the bench. The fact that he indicates it is the player who need to motivate themselves is being said only because he has no idea on how to get that done and the three three guys are dead from the waist up.

When we let CJ go in Feb  he had a record of 9W - 6L - 5 OTL

If we go back to April DD has a record of 11W - 19L - 2 OTL - (Regular season)

They pulled the pin with CJ but we still have a Bantam coach behing the bench? 

HIs interviews are a strong indication of his coaching style. The play on the ice is a clear picture of his skill as a coach.

There is no motivation with this team. They are totally lost on the ice and are disconnected in so many ways. Shots taken and no second efforts by anyone. The defence has no idea where they should be and leaving Allen hung out to fend for himself. They can have as many 20min meetings they want it is not going to make a difference. They need new direction and it has to come from a new voice.

This is totally embarassing for this revered franchise. I am hoping the they connect MB to the Beach incident and he has to resign. There is no way that the guy in charge of player development knew nothing about that situation. :5155:

 

 

I agree with everything here, including the Beach reference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, richard464 said:

As I said before I am not going to beat the drum on DD but I cannot help it. This guy is useless!!!!!

His post game interviews are brutal! He never answers the questions asked and when he does respond he has no idea what the hell he is saying. He keeps talking about a style of hockey the team needs to play. Really I think the team is playing his style right now. They fired CJ with a much better record than this guy and he is still there??? MB signed this guy and that was just another blunder by our illustrious manager. We should have hired Bouchard. Both these guys need to go NOW!!!! This team is a ship without a rudder and the rudder is totally lost! The other three guys in the $1,000 suits should be included in the pink slip process.

How much longer is Molson going to put up with this BS?? His beer business has been very sccessful but his hockey business is a total disaster. Torts or Babcock would be a better choice behind the bench. The fact that he indicates it is the player who need to motivate themselves is being said only because he has no idea on how to get that done and the three three guys are dead from the waist up.

When we let CJ go in Feb  he had a record of 9W - 6L - 5 OTL

If we go back to April DD has a record of 11W - 19L - 2 OTL - (Regular season)

They pulled the pin with CJ but we still have a Bantam coach behing the bench? 

HIs interviews are a strong indication of his coaching style. The play on the ice is a clear picture of his skill as a coach.

There is no motivation with this team. They are totally lost on the ice and are disconnected in so many ways. Shots taken and no second efforts by anyone. The defence has no idea where they should be and leaving Allen hung out to fend for himself. They can have as many 20min meetings they want it is not going to make a difference. They need new direction and it has to come from a new voice.

This is totally embarassing for this revered franchise. I am hoping the they connect MB to the Beach incident and he has to resign. There is no way that the guy in charge of player development knew nothing about that situation. :5155:

 

 

I won't go as far as to say Bergevin should be fired for Beach. I do think it's near-impossible he knew nothing about it, so it seems odd that he denies knowing anything now, but that's about as far as I'll go with that.

As for Ducharme, again I'll come back to

- Perreault's interview 4-5 games into the season where he said the team hadn't made any adjustments or change in strategy because the coaches were reinforcing to them that the problem was their effort level alone.

- Ducharme yesterday saying this was on the players and that it wasn't his job to motivate them every two days

He takes zero responsibility for his work as a coach and seems to be making no adjustments to anything, not the breakout, not the defensive coverage, not the PK, or the PP. Stu Cowan of The Gazette reported today that the Habs were bottom 3 in the league for standings, PK, PP, shots, and faceoffs. Not much going right here. It's not like under Julien where the team would be dominating games and even if they were losing they had a chance to right the ship. The team is losing now because it's playing badly. It's not on reffing or bad luck or anything else, it's that they just suck right now.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team lacks direction/accountability/a system. Don't see how you can stick it out with this coach unless you've already written off the season. And don't see how you can keep the GM and let him have his 3rd coach in less than a year. IMO they both need to go, and they can take their entire coaching staff with them.

I'd like to see Timmins or Madden Jr as GM and maybe if you get Madden, he can bring Bouchard back with him from California.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone remember what the Ducharme extension was? How many years? Starting 2-8-0 looks pretty terrible, but I wonder if Ducharme stays around until we have a different manager come in and make some decisions. In my mind, Bergevin is done. Although I've already stopped watching and haven't given the Habs a dollar of money for about five years. The team just doesn't seem worth tuning in for this season. The playoff run was fun, but also... kind of exhausting. The way we went out to TB made the whole thing feel odd. Weird. I just don't see how we can become a regularly competitive team with the D Bergevin keeps putting together over and over and over. And I don't really believe that any of the prospects will step in and dominate. Norlinder, Brook, Guhle... maybe we see some meaningful results from these guys in 2-3 years. Maybe one of them turns into a 3-4 defender. Our goatlending pool also looks bleak. I don't really think Primeau is the goaltender of the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Odd reports because media said it was players-only, and Ducharme came out to do press while they were still meeting, but then after the fact, it turned out that Bergevin went in and lectured the team... doesn't bode well for the coach if the GM's going in there but has the coach leave. Kind of feels like he's not part of the plan.

Yeah, sounds to me like the GM went in basically said: do you like Ducharme? Because if you keep this crap up, he's gone. You have a chance to save his job. Im thinking they didnt.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Can anyone remember what the Ducharme extension was? How many years? Starting 2-8-0 looks pretty terrible, but I wonder if Ducharme stays around until we have a different manager come in and make some decisions. In my mind, Bergevin is done. Although I've already stopped watching and haven't given the Habs a dollar of money for about five years. The team just doesn't seem worth tuning in for this season. The playoff run was fun, but also... kind of exhausting. The way we went out to TB made the whole thing feel odd. Weird. I just don't see how we can become a regularly competitive team with the D Bergevin keeps putting together over and over and over. And I don't really believe that any of the prospects will step in and dominate. Norlinder, Brook, Guhle... maybe we see some meaningful results from these guys in 2-3 years. Maybe one of them turns into a 3-4 defender. Our goatlending pool also looks bleak. I don't really think Primeau is the goaltender of the future.

3 years starting this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adapted from a post by Habs Chronicle on twitter... Habs league-ranking in the following categories (I've adjusted them to keep them updated with other teams' results)

- Overall: 30th

- Goal differential: 30th

- Goals For: 29th

- Goals Against: 29th

- Shots per Game: 31st

- PP: 30th

- PK: 30th

- PK + PP: 31st

- Faceoffs: 32nd

- Number of penalties taken: 32nd

 

By definition, an average team will have a PK percentage + PP percentage that is around 100%. A good team will be 5-10% above this, a bad team will be 5-10% below this. The Habs' PP is at 11% and the PK at a whoppingly bad 65%. That's 76% combined special teams success rate, which is almost a full 25% below average. That's just insanely weak. We always say that special teams is one thing that coaching can actually influence, as a lot of it is zone entry schema and set plays around the O zone (or stopping those things). It's something you can design and practice. If that's the case, coaching is failing. We also say a coach can play a role in discipline and making sure his players are moving their feet to not take penalties and that guys who aren't playing disciplined hockey get sent a message. Well, the Habs have taken more penalties than any other team in the league. So another strike on Ducharme and company. Maybe faceoffs are something you can coach or at least make it so you have guys there who know how to take them... once again, last in the league. Suzuki's at 42%, Paquette 28%, Brooks 20%. Our top center is Dvorak and he' only at 51%.

So I'm curious to know from anyone, what's one reason why we shouldn't fire Ducharme and Bergevin? I don't want to hear about what Molson will or won't do. I want to know what arguments someone would like to make to defend Ducharme and Bergevin and explain why they should still have jobs tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I want to know what arguments someone would like to make to defend Ducharme and Bergevin and explain why they should still have jobs tomorrow.

Well, MB did bring in more French-Canadians.:ph34r:

 

I'll show myself out......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Adapted from a post by Habs Chronicle on twitter... Habs league-ranking in the following categories (I've adjusted them to keep them updated with other teams' results)

- Overall: 30th

- Goal differential: 30th

- Goals For: 29th

- Goals Against: 29th

- Shots per Game: 31st

- PP: 30th

- PK: 30th

- PK + PP: 31st

- Faceoffs: 32nd

- Number of penalties taken: 32nd

 

By definition, an average team will have a PK percentage + PP percentage that is around 100%. A good team will be 5-10% above this, a bad team will be 5-10% below this. The Habs' PP is at 11% and the PK at a whoppingly bad 65%. That's 76% combined special teams success rate, which is almost a full 25% below average. That's just insanely weak. We always say that special teams is one thing that coaching can actually influence, as a lot of it is zone entry schema and set plays around the O zone (or stopping those things). It's something you can design and practice. If that's the case, coaching is failing. We also say a coach can play a role in discipline and making sure his players are moving their feet to not take penalties and that guys who aren't playing disciplined hockey get sent a message. Well, the Habs have taken more penalties than any other team in the league. So another strike on Ducharme and company. Maybe faceoffs are something you can coach or at least make it so you have guys there who know how to take them... once again, last in the league. Suzuki's at 42%, Paquette 28%, Brooks 20%. Our top center is Dvorak and he' only at 51%.

So I'm curious to know from anyone, what's one reason why we shouldn't fire Ducharme and Bergevin? I don't want to hear about what Molson will or won't do. I want to know what arguments someone would like to make to defend Ducharme and Bergevin and explain why they should still have jobs tomorrow.

I don't know about DD either but on MB i can defend him by saying I rarely disagree with a move he makes and even when I do I think it's reasonable. The results have been mixed and extreme but I judge him on what he does and to some extent what he doesn't do and for the most part I like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Adapted from a post by Habs Chronicle on twitter... Habs league-ranking in the following categories (I've adjusted them to keep them updated with other teams' results)

- Overall: 30th

- Goal differential: 30th

- Goals For: 29th

- Goals Against: 29th

- Shots per Game: 31st

- PP: 30th

- PK: 30th

- PK + PP: 31st

- Faceoffs: 32nd

- Number of penalties taken: 32nd

 

By definition, an average team will have a PK percentage + PP percentage that is around 100%. A good team will be 5-10% above this, a bad team will be 5-10% below this. The Habs' PP is at 11% and the PK at a whoppingly bad 65%. That's 76% combined special teams success rate, which is almost a full 25% below average. That's just insanely weak. We always say that special teams is one thing that coaching can actually influence, as a lot of it is zone entry schema and set plays around the O zone (or stopping those things). It's something you can design and practice. If that's the case, coaching is failing. We also say a coach can play a role in discipline and making sure his players are moving their feet to not take penalties and that guys who aren't playing disciplined hockey get sent a message. Well, the Habs have taken more penalties than any other team in the league. So another strike on Ducharme and company. Maybe faceoffs are something you can coach or at least make it so you have guys there who know how to take them... once again, last in the league. Suzuki's at 42%, Paquette 28%, Brooks 20%. Our top center is Dvorak and he' only at 51%.

So I'm curious to know from anyone, what's one reason why we shouldn't fire Ducharme and Bergevin? I don't want to hear about what Molson will or won't do. I want to know what arguments someone would like to make to defend Ducharme and Bergevin and explain why they should still have jobs tomorrow.

I knew we were bad (I expected it) but these stats make us unbelievably horrid, laughable really.

my reason to keep them is to keep being bad and use the year really searching and evaluating what we have both on and off the ice; who’s available to coach and gm for our future.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Well, MB did bring in more French-Canadians.:ph34r:

 

I'll show myself out......

- Savard: not very good so far. Sporting a 47% Corsi. Grant it, he's been better since being separated from Chiarot (who is now weighing down Jeff Petry instead), but Savard is clearly not an answer for the top 4.

- Perreault: one good game and a lot of bad ones. He's 3rd-worset on the team for Corsi.

- Paquette: bad penalties, bad at faceoffs, no offence

- Montembeault: AHL-level goaltending thus far

Honestly not sure I would keep any of these players on the team if I had the option of cutting them without absorbing their cap hits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I don't know about DD either but on MB i can defend him by saying I rarely disagree with a move he makes and even when I do I think it's reasonable. The results have been mixed and extreme but I judge him on what he does and to some extent what he doesn't do and for the most part I like it

I don't mind some of the trades he's made. But there are things he's done that make no sense, particularly on D. Look at his history here... Murray, Bouillon, Schlemko, Alzner, Drewiske, Davidson, Nesterov, Chiarot, Edmundson, Savard. He has continuously acquired slower poorly-skilled D men and they really haven't panned out that well. Then he's gone after another category of guys like Kaberle, Gonchar, Streit 2.0, etc. who had skill but were way too far behind the 8-ball when they got here. He's also had a couple of reaches for players like Tinordi and McCarron where he seems to have drafted them purely because of a fetish for size, with Timmins suggesting in his interviews that those players weren't his own personal preference for those choices and that the GM overruled him. Bergevin held onto Therrien for too long. He held onto Lefebvre for too long. He lost Bouchard for unclear reasons. He's dealt a bunch of guys like Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Eller, etc. after contributing to their values falling first. He's built a team around Weber and Price without realizing they were past prime and failing to get return on those players when he could. And frankly, what he hasn't done is also a problem... he's had 12 years and hasn't really addressed the center position. Last year, he finally had three guys in Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Danault who looked like they could grow into making that a strength for the team albeit without much organizational depth behind them. But he lost 2 of the 3 and only replaced 1 and still lacks organizational depth down the middle. Likewise, how long will we go without having more than one puck-moving top 4 D man on the team? He inherited Subban and Markov and acquired Petry but lost the first two without finding a replacement puck mover for either of them (again his Plan A to replace Markov was Mark Streit).

So while some of his moves were great (Petry acquisition, dealing Weise and Fleischmann for Danault +, the Pacioretty trade, etc.), he's made  a fair share of bad moves too and as I've said, he really hasn't had a vision to improve the team and generate a real Cup window where we're in contention for a few years in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

I knew we were bad (I expected it) but these stats make us unbelievably horrid, laughable really.

my reason to keep them is to keep being bad and use the year really searching and evaluating what we have both on and off the ice; who’s available to coach and gm for our future.

 

I gave my list of who I thought would be considered. Given the language requirements, there aren't too many candidates. If you can get the guys you want now, why bother waiting? I'm looking at the list of guys who are currently coaches and GMs and I don't see anyone who is 1. Francophone, 2. Likely to be fired/available next off-season, and 3. someone I'd actually want to hire. Brisebois isn't going anywhere from Tampa. Dont' want Vigneault back, even if he's fired in Philly. So anyone we want later is probably someone you can go after now too... at worst, I'd try to dump Bergevin, make Timmins interim GM, and at least get the poison out of the organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

- Savard: not very good so far. Sporting a 47% Corsi. Grant it, he's been better since being separated from Chiarot (who is now weighing down Jeff Petry instead), but Savard is clearly not an answer for the top 4.

- Perreault: one good game and a lot of bad ones. He's 3rd-worset on the team for Corsi.

- Paquette: bad penalties, bad at faceoffs, no offence

- Montembeault: AHL-level goaltending thus far

Honestly not sure I would keep any of these players on the team if I had the option of cutting them without absorbing their cap hits.

Except for Savard, one and done, I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Adapted from a post by Habs Chronicle on twitter... Habs league-ranking in the following categories (I've adjusted them to keep them updated with other teams' results)

- Overall: 30th

- Goal differential: 30th

- Goals For: 29th

- Goals Against: 29th

- Shots per Game: 31st

- PP: 30th

- PK: 30th

- PK + PP: 31st

- Faceoffs: 32nd

- Number of penalties taken: 32nd

 

By definition, an average team will have a PK percentage + PP percentage that is around 100%. A good team will be 5-10% above this, a bad team will be 5-10% below this. The Habs' PP is at 11% and the PK at a whoppingly bad 65%. That's 76% combined special teams success rate, which is almost a full 25% below average. That's just insanely weak. We always say that special teams is one thing that coaching can actually influence, as a lot of it is zone entry schema and set plays around the O zone (or stopping those things). It's something you can design and practice. If that's the case, coaching is failing. We also say a coach can play a role in discipline and making sure his players are moving their feet to not take penalties and that guys who aren't playing disciplined hockey get sent a message. Well, the Habs have taken more penalties than any other team in the league. So another strike on Ducharme and company. Maybe faceoffs are something you can coach or at least make it so you have guys there who know how to take them... once again, last in the league. Suzuki's at 42%, Paquette 28%, Brooks 20%. Our top center is Dvorak and he' only at 51%.

So I'm curious to know from anyone, what's one reason why we shouldn't fire Ducharme and Bergevin? I don't want to hear about what Molson will or won't do. I want to know what arguments someone would like to make to defend Ducharme and Bergevin and explain why they should still have jobs tomorrow.

I didn't think that one team could be near the top in so many statistical categories.  Bravo Habs. 

And, why do people want to keep bergebin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eastern                   GP    W      L      OTL      Pts 

 

Florida                      9      8       0       1           17

Carolina                   8      8        0      0           16

Washington              8      5       0       3           13

NY Rangers             8      5       2       1           11

Buffalo                     8      5        2      1           11

Columbus                8      5        3       0          10

Detroit                      9      4       3       2           10

Philadelphia             7      4       2       1             9

Toronto                    9       4       4       1            9

New Jersey              7      4       2        1            9

Tampa Bay               8      4       3        1            9

Pittsburg                  8      3        3       2            8

NY Islanders            7       3       2       2            8

Boston                     7       4       3        0           8

Ottawa                     7      3       4        0            6

 
 
 

If Playoffs started today, Teams in bold, are in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


Montreal                  10       2       8        0           4

 

We don't seem to be trending anywhere.................4 pts. Ahead of only Chicago 2 pts. & Arizona 0 pts. league wide. Last in our conference.

Goal differential  -15  Passed by only Chicago -20 & Arizona -26

We have more losses, than most teams have games played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite 6 more losses than wins we are 1-1 against San Jose and probably deserve one more win somewhere. The week ahead and so the month ahead will be all we need to evaluate any hope in the future. We can resolve some of the issues by winning against the teams currently 1-0 against us and making sure we take care of the Red Wings, We need a 4-1 homestand to say the least.  The 0-5 start has put us in a precarious position and the LA game showed some severe problems with the effort being put forth. If the hockey is bad in November I expect see some changes. Calling up Primeau, and Poehling would be a good start and using some of our forwards for draft picks wouldn't hurt either. The current injury situation is making a bad situation much worse. I would keep Ducharme around for this season as I am not sure how he could have  predicted the iniuries and issues  the team has faced this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MB has had enough time here, at the end of the day we are no further ahead than we were when he got here and we may even be worse off! even in the lean years the team tried a lot harder than they are now! our team is in turmoil right now! we have a GM who is playing games about weather or not he is staying which is not helping with stability one bit! a rookie coach who does not have the tools in his bag to deal with what we are going through! a defence that is built wrong with spare parts! and as good as he has been in the past lets not forget Petry was a castoff form another team! a forward group that looks solid on paper but is not capable of showing what they have because they don't get the breakouts they need from the D. Not having Price and Webber was always going to hurt but not this much! this is a poorly run team with lots of good parts that are not in the right positions and the fact that we still don't have the D men we need after all these years shows what a failure MB has been, he has made many good moves but never really ever fixed any of our main issues. We still need a #1 center we still need some elite D men and just for once a truly savvy modern thinking coach would be nice! The days of building a subpar team and riding on all world goaltending are over that ship has sailed even if he comes back it won't change a thing we will still be missing all the parts needed to win it all,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Cedric Paquette will have a hearing for his boarding penalty yesterday. 

Kind of surprising with all the dirty hits they've let slide in this League without blinking an eye. I didn't even think he deserved the game misconduct. If the guy doesn't turn at the last second, it's nothing but a clean solid hit IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Kind of surprising with all the dirty hits they've let slide in this League without blinking an eye. I didn't even think he deserved the game misconduct. If the guy doesn't turn at the last second, it's nothing but a clean solid hit IMO.

It wasn't the hit itself but the distance traveled to make the hit. He came flying in from the blue line just to throw the hit. Plus the onus is on the checking player to not hit from behind. 9 times out of 10 that penalty is called even if the player being checked turns at the last second. It was a violent and illegal check from behind made worse because of the distance traveled. I usually don't agree with the reffing but in this case Pacquette should have tried to minimize the contact. He knew he was going to have a player in a vulnerable position so he should have let up to make sure he didn't injure Zegras. It is a penalty I would want to see called if it was Caufield in that position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...