The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

2021-22 State of the Habs

H_T_L

The NHL and NHLPA also announced Saturday the immediate adoption of enhanced COVID-19 measures that will remain in effect through the holiday season and the New Year and will be re-evaluated no later than Jan. 7.

The league will return to preventative measures consistent with last year’s protocols for all players and all members of the club travelling party.

Wearing masks will be mandatory at all times inside club facilities and during travel, including when on buses, planes and at the hotel (unless exercising, participating in a game, or eating or drinking). There will also be daily COVID-19 testing for all members of the club and the travelling party. Additional pre-game testing may be implemented, on a case-by-case basis, when a COVID outbreak occurs within a team.

The Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche and Florida Panthers have all been shut down until after the holiday break due to COVID concerns.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The NHL and NHLPA also announced Saturday the immediate adoption of enhanced COVID-19 measures that will remain in effect through the holiday season and the New Year and will be re-evaluated no later than Jan. 7.

The league will return to preventative measures consistent with last year’s protocols for all players and all members of the club travelling party.

Wearing masks will be mandatory at all times inside club facilities and during travel, including when on buses, planes and at the hotel (unless exercising, participating in a game, or eating or drinking). There will also be daily COVID-19 testing for all members of the club and the travelling party. Additional pre-game testing may be implemented, on a case-by-case basis, when a COVID outbreak occurs within a team.

The Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche and Florida Panthers have all been shut down until after the holiday break due to COVID concerns.

I figure it’s a few hours more and the nhl and nhlpa will shut down for an indefinite break 

So Drouin and Kulak had a little scrum seems Drouin did a little stick work on Kulak and added a spear too. hope the boys are not getting too frustrated! this stuff happens on a team but there is no real leader at the moment to step in and keep the guys on track. Sounds like Gally had a tough bout of covid too. the next week or two are going to be interesting around the league. glad to see Byron got to skate with the team a bit before they take off on this trip we could use his speed and he is good on the PK as well.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

All Habs games canceled for the week. NHL stops any cross-border travel, so Canadian and American teams will not play each other. To be re-assessed after the holidays.

Watch, the season will end, there will be a 4 week play-in and we'll win every game & go on to the playoffs & our pick will forfeit our pick to Arizona & get Carolina's 25th overall pick. lol. 

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Watch, the season will end, there will be a 4 week play-in and we'll win every game & go on to the playoffs & our pick will forfeit our pick to Arizona & get Carolina's 25th overall pick. lol. 

I'm already worried they're going to start winnin home games cause there's no fans in the stands 

11 hours ago, electron58 said:

I don't know.  I'd like to trade off some assets, before we lose them for nothing!

Agree although I think a number of our assets will be more likely to be traded in the offseason.  Chiarot obviously would be a guy you want to move asap but anyone else with term might well have been moved in the summer/at the draft etc. 

Obviously if you have a situation where a team (ie edmonton) thinks they have the horses to compete but are worried about goal & Price has agreed to move the NMC then thats a situation you want to exploit asap but even then, most GMs wont take gambles on guys with term, midseason in the cap era. 

25 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Carey Price out for the season. Announcement imminent.  There goes one trade chip.  LTIR?

Where are you seeing that ?

All I found was

https://awinninghabit.com/2021/12/20/montreal-canadiens-carey-price-olympics-trade/

NHL Players Not Going to Olympics Could Reduce Carey Price’s Trade Value

32 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Well, I know that I read it, because I cut & pasted it, but, do you think I can find it again? Weird.  Maybe someone doesn't want it in the news, yet. I'll keep looking.

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Carey Price out for the season. Announcement imminent.

43 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Well, I know that I read it, because I cut & pasted it, but, do you think I can find it again? Weird.  Maybe someone doesn't want it in the news, yet. I'll keep looking.

Yeah i dont see it anywhere. I would assume it was an unfounded rumor.  Thats not to say Id be at all surprised if it was true but for now i think its just talk.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

NHL Players Not Going to Olympics Could Reduce Carey Price’s Trade Value

Dont really agree with the article.  I mean i understand what the writer is saying but thats assuming Price starts & is awesome for Team Canada.   Right now he's coming out of Substance Abuse therapy and off-season surgery but his last segment of games was a Conn Smyth worthy stretch.  Thats what teams are looking at: Playoff Price.  Sure, backstopping team canada to another gold would be great but going and playing poorly would hurt his value much more than not going imho.  So it is what it is. It doesnt really lower his value, it just doesnt give him a chance to raise it (or lower it). 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:21 AM, electron58 said:

Carey Price out for the season. Announcement imminent.  There goes one trade chip.  LTIR?

Me and buddy we're predicting that if there's on Olympic Break that Price won't be back this season.    There's zero chance they play him since that's counter productive to tanking.

And look what was just announced :

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/15568

NHL Announces That There Will Not Be an Olympic Break, NHL Players Will Not Be Able to Participate in 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing

• H_T_L locked this topic