The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

2021-22 State of the Habs

H_T_L

13 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Talk now is that the NHL is considering rescheduling Habs home games if they can't play in front of fans in January.

Montreal Canadiens Bell Centre rescheduling - TSN.ca

12 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

They should still play the games. How long all this will last no one really knows. Play the games. Fans aren't needed to play. 

I agree about the playing without fans. I think the tricky part is once again going to be cross-border travel. Especially if we handle the new wave/variant differently than the USA chooses to do.. 

Habs have added Petry, Chiarot, Edmundson, Wideman, and Allen, along with goalie coach Eric Raymond to the COVID list, on top of Lehkonen, Hoffman, Toffoli, and Dauphin being on it prior to the break. So a patch-work line-up flying out today to play TB tomorrow (who themselves will be missing a number of players including Sergachev and both their goalies).

38 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Habs have added Petry, Chiarot, Edmundson, Wideman, and Allen, along with goalie coach Eric Raymond to the COVID list, on top of Lehkonen, Hoffman, Toffoli, and Dauphin being on it prior to the break. So a patch-work line-up flying out today to play TB tomorrow (who themselves will be missing a number of players including Sergachev and both their goalies).

As a result...................Lines @ Practice.

Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher
Paquette-Pezzetta-Vejdemo
Belzile-Evans-Ylonen
Harvey-Pinard-Poehling-Caufield
Byron-Hillis-Baddock

Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Clague
Schueneman-Niku

Montembeault
Primeau
McNiven

25 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher
Belzile-Evans-Ylonen
Byron-Hillis-Baddock

Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Clague
Schueneman-Niku

Montembeault
Primeau
McNiven

We arguably had better lineups during preseason.

4 hours ago, electron58 said:

Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher
Belzile-Evans-Ylonen
Byron-Hillis-Baddock

Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Clague
Schueneman-Niku

Montembeault
Primeau
McNiven

Tire fire on defense no doubt.

4 hours ago, electron58 said:

Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher
Belzile-Evans-Ylonen
Byron-Hillis-Baddock

Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Clague
Schueneman-Niku

Montembeault
Primeau
McNiven

Thats an insane lineup.

If everyone was healthy there's like 5 maybe 6 forwards that would be regulars and on defense maybe 2-3.   In nets, no one.

So we have arguably 7-9 guys playing that would be playing if everyone was able to go. That's nuts. Great for the tank though! 

Im neutral on CC - I dont know if he's going to be a flop or regular but I would love to hear the coaches reasoning for putting him on the 4 th line .

Same with why is Evans centering 3 rd line and RP the 4 th line meanwhile this is the 2nd line Paquette-Pezzetta-Vejdemo

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Im neutral on CC - I dont know if he's going to be a flop or regular but I would love to hear the coaches reasoning for putting him on the 4 th line .

Same with why is Evans centering 3 rd line and RP the 4 th line meanwhile this is the 2nd line Paquette-Pezzetta-Vejdemo

:6351:

Gallagher’s Comments Won’t Likely Lead to Trade
Opening the door to speculation of a trade should the Montreal Canadiens decide to go through a rebuild, forward Brendan Gallagher said he wants to be on a team that is trying to win hockey games. He noted:

“But for me, I play this game to win. It’s really the only way I can enjoy it. You don’t always have to win every game, but the important thing is I need to feel like we’re trying to win. I need to feel like it’s important. If that’s the decision that they want to make, those are probably conversations that you have to have going forward.”

Wednesday, December 29
@ Hab Practice

J. Drouin  N. Suzuki B. Gallagher

R. H. Pinard R. PoehlingC.Caufield

A. Belzile   J. Evans  J. Ylonen
M. Pezzetta  C. Paquette  L. Vejdemo 

A.Romanov   David Savard 
Brett Kulak    Kale Clague

Sami Niku    Corey Schueneman

Sam Montembeault                      Michael McNiven

This season is a joke! how is it right that we put a team like that on the ice! the NHL is now a joke! I have been a fan all my life but that is coming to an end! you have teams that are made up of mostly AHL players going up against full rosters during a Pandemic just to play the games. the last two years have been brutal! and with the Refs looking even worse than they have in the past it is tough to watch so why should we? I am all for a rebuild but sending the lambs out to get killed like last night is just a joke!

• H_T_L locked this topic