The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

H_T_L

8 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

This season is a joke! how is it right that we put a team like that on the ice! the NHL is now a joke! I have been a fan all my life but that is coming to an end! you have teams that are made up of mostly AHL players going up against full rosters during a Pandemic just to play the games. the last two years have been brutal! and with the Refs looking even worse than they have in the past it is tough to watch so why should we? I am all for a rebuild but sending the lambs out to get killed like last night is just a joke!

I keep hearing on the radio they don't want to play to empty buildings ( they lose $, $$$,$$$ 's  )

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

This season is a joke! how is it right that we put a team like that on the ice! the NHL is now a joke! I have been a fan all my life but that is coming to an end! you have teams that are made up of mostly AHL players going up against full rosters during a Pandemic just to play the games. the last two years have been brutal! and with the Refs looking even worse than they have in the past it is tough to watch so why should we? I am all for a rebuild but sending the lambs out to get killed like last night is just a joke!

Agreed. The kids play their hearts out, only to lose because of the refereeing. Has to be discouraging for the players, moreso, than for us. Against the 2 top teams, we should have had a split.  Who knows, if the TB game had been reffed fairly and we came out with a win, the baby Rockets may have had some momentum against the Hurricanes. Still, many other games have been cancelled for teams with less players on the Covid protocol. And, the last 2 games we probably played the 2 best teams in the NHL at this time.

Pretty hilarious lineup we've been having to throw out there lately. Certainly doesn't hinder the tank. :lol: I don't even recall hearing the name Brandon Baddock before. Nice to see young players getting some chances, though. Louis Belpedio? Corey Schueneman? Who?

I think we're all looking forward to the 2022-23 or 2023-24 season.

6 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Pretty hilarious lineup we've been having to throw out there lately. Certainly doesn't hinder the tank. :lol: I don't even recall hearing the name Brandon Baddock before. Nice to see young players getting some chances, though. Louis Belpedio? Corey Schueneman? Who?

I think we're all looking forward to the 2022-23 or 2023-24 season.

Amen! I dream about Bedard AND Wright in a habs jersey!

The Canadiens play next on January 12 against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. That's a long ways away.  Should have a full team by then, so, they will probably send all the minor leaguers back to Laval soon.

34 minutes ago, electron58 said:

The Montreal Canadiens announced on Saturday a pause of activities as a preventive measure until January 6 inclusively. This measure also applies to the Laval Rocket's operations at Place Bell.

makes sense if the next game isn't until the 12th

17 hours ago, electron58 said:

The Canadiens play next on January 12 against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. That's a long ways away.  Should have a full team by then, so, they will probably send all the minor leaguers back to Laval soon.

The Boston Bruins' home game, originally scheduled to be played at TD Garden on March 21 will be moved to January 12.

So that's where it came from.

The Montreal Canadiens have 22 team members in the NHL's COVID-19 protocol after adding five more Tuesday.

The Canadiens said forwards Rafaël Harvey-Pinard and Jesse Ylönen, defenceman David Savard and goaltender Samuel Montembeault have entered the league's protocol, along with assistant coach Trevor Letowski.

That gives the Habs 20 players and two coaches in the league's protocol.

Good thing they're off. Buttman would probably make them play. 

6 minutes ago, electron58 said:

The Montreal Canadiens have 22 team members in the NHL's COVID-19 protocol after adding five more Tuesday.

The Canadiens said forwards Rafaël Harvey-Pinard and Jesse Ylönen, defenceman David Savard and goaltender Samuel Montembeault have entered the league's protocol, along with assistant coach Trevor Letowski.

That gives the Habs 20 players and two coaches in the league's protocol.

Good thing they're off. Buttman would probably make them play. 

Didn't stop him against Florida,,,  which is probably where the latest cases came from. :rolleyes:

On 1/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, electron58 said:

The Montreal Canadiens announced on Saturday a pause of activities as a preventive measure until January 6 inclusively. This measure also applies to the Laval Rocket's operations at Place Bell.

The Montreal Canadiens have extended their shutdown until January 8, two days later than originally planned.

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

The Montreal Canadiens have extended their shutdown until January 8, two days later than originally planned.

That's because they don't have enough players to even hold a practice. LOL

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

That's because they don't have enough players to even hold a practice. LOL

Ive always to play for the Habs . How outlandish would it be to sign me for one game , just to sit on the bench 

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Ive always to play for the Habs . How outlandish would it be to sign me for one game , just to sit on the bench 

Sure would beat having to pay to watch them  LOL

A look at the bottom of the overall NHL standings Jan. 07/2022, One month later.

25.  Columbus      32     15     16      1      31

26.  Chicago         34     11     18      5      27

27.  N.Y.I.              28     10     12     6       26

28.  Buffalo           34     10      18     6      26

29.   Seattle          33     10     19      4      24

30.    Ottawa         29       9     18     2       20

31.  Montreal       34       7      23    4       18

32.   Arizona         32       7     22      3      17

Some teams are getting points, including Vancouver, which shot up to 35 points, 3 points out of a wild card spot, albeit, other teams with games in hand.

11 hours ago, electron58 said:

A look at the bottom of the overall NHL standings Jan. 07/2022, One month later.

25.  Columbus      32     15     16      1      31

26.  Chicago         34     11     18      5      27

27.  N.Y.I.              28     10     12     6       26

28.  Buffalo           34     10      18     6      26

29.   Seattle          33     10     19      4      24

30.    Ottawa         29       9     18     2       20

31.  Montreal       34       7      23    4       18

32.   Arizona         32       7     22      3      17

Some teams are getting points, including Vancouver, which shot up to 35 points, 3 points out of a wild card spot, albeit, other teams with games in hand.

Good news for those who wanted Montreal to tank is at least we are getting a top 4 pick problem is what have we done with our previous 2 top 5 picks? Galchenyuk almost out of NHL, Kotkaniemi on his way to his best season ever with another team. So we are 0-2 when picking top 5 in the last what 15 years? Last top 5 pick we had that we did anything right with was Price. 

• H_T_L locked this topic