The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs

H_T_L

1 hour ago, AH64 said:

Petry needs to go. he is not helping the state of the habs.

If i were to guess, and strictly my own opinion , Im guessing he would welcome a change of scenery , so his family can " live a more normal life " :7013:

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

If i were to guess, and strictly my own opinion , Im guessing he would welcome a change of scenery , so his family can " live a more normal life " :7013:

Hughes says Petry has not asked for a trade but that the two met and Hughes noted to Petry that he understands it is difficult for him with his wife moving back to the US and that if they can find a deal that works for everyone that puts him back in the US, he's open to it.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Hughes says Petry has not asked for a trade but that the two met and Hughes noted to Petry that he understands it is difficult for him with his wife moving back to the US and that if they can find a deal that works for everyone that puts him back in the US, he's open to it.

I'm on board with that👍

30 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I'm on board with that👍

I'd be hard-pressed to believe the team will get good value for Petry right now. If you deal him for another struggling player or a mid-round pick or a B level prospect, you're essentially getting nothing back. It's unlikely you're getting a good player back in a trade in season. A team that's out of the post-season isn't wanting to trade for Petry's contract now and a team in the running isn't spending 6M on Petry and giving you one of their core players back. So why would we want to dump him for nothing? It's great if you clear cap space, but let's also remember that we have no one on the right side. No one. Brook is injured and has proven nothing at the NHL level. Savard is awful. So who is playing the right side of your defence? I think there's a reasonable chance Petry bounces back with a better coach and better D partner. So I'd hedge my bets you can get better value on him if you wait and I don't think we really have anyone better to slot into his slot. I'd frankly rather trade Savard if we were going to dump a salary for nothing much in return, as I have zero hope in his case that he'll be any better than he has been the past few years.

Also, I do want to point out though that IF anything big is going to happen wit the Habs in the near future, it's likely to happen in the next 48-72 hours. Hughes said he wanted a bit of time to evaluate the team he had. Well we know he's met with the coaches and players, he's seen how bad the team is playing... well now he has 9 days before the team's next game. And when the team gets back, it has a prolonged home stretch and has a lot of upcoming games against weaker teams like Buffalo x2, the Isles, the Sens, the Devils, and the Jackets again. In fact, February is a pretty easy schedule for the Habs, and if you want to see a big move made that makes the GM look good, in addition to giving time for the changes to be built into the line-up, this is the time.

If Ducharme is still the coach Feb 8th, he's probably still here at the end of the season. If Ducharme is gone, I think KH might sit on some of his vets and make trades closer to the deadline. If Ducharme is still here, then it increases the odds we see a trade to shake things up, and it would not surprise me if someone like Lehkonen is dealt. We'll also likely have more players coming back, so they'll need to clear roster spots too and make decisions on some of them... could force KH's hand too.

31.   Arizona         43      10     29      4       24   DIFF=  -69

32.  Montreal       44        8     29      7       23   DIFF=  -73

Habs finally lay claim to the worst goal differential in the entire league!  Florida leading @ +54.

Relax

Breathe

In the words of CP31 Chill ( or something like that ):P

The Season is a complete  write off 

I cant see them getting rid of DD , then they'll be paying three coaches . And the next coach will want his own assistants instead of the clowns ( can i write that ? ) that are currently there

Besides , the team is playing with AHL goalies,  

And of the current D men would anyone of them suit up on another team ?

Enjoy the train wreck , think how fun it will be when they get this right 

5 hours ago, Regis22 said:

that is not really funny i dont get it.

49 minutes ago, AH64 said:

that is not really funny i dont get it.

The wife posted on Instagram why she and the kids are remaining in the USA : so the boys csn live a much more “Normal “ healthy lifestyle While being close to family for support . 

33 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

The wife posted on Instagram why she and the kids are remaining in the USA : so the boys csn live a much more “Normal “ healthy lifestyle While being close to family for support . 

And for whatever reason you think that is funny?! How insensitive of you, go watch a few of the HabsTV videos with Petry and his family and try to understand how much they mean to him and him to them. Try to imaging leaving your own family in another country to go to work and be unappreciated by people everywhere. Try to imagine what it is like to be away from your own wife while she is being harassed by internet trolls like the ones who have been messaging Julie Petry. None of this is in any way "funny". 

11 hours ago, campabee82 said:

And for whatever reason you think that is funny?! How insensitive of you, go watch a few of the HabsTV videos with Petry and his family and try to understand how much they mean to him and him to them. Try to imaging leaving your own family in another country to go to work and be unappreciated by people everywhere. Try to imagine what it is like to be away from your own wife while she is being harassed by internet trolls like the ones who have been messaging Julie Petry. None of this is in any way "funny". 

I didn't hear about this. Has it been really bad? 

I knew they would catch some slack for avoiding restrictions here but there's a limit. 

11 minutes ago, habsisme said:

its worse than I thought, its over his play. Fans are so stupid sometimes. 

Right, like seriously. I feel bad for Petry and his family, I can't imagine having to be away from them for the last few months when they are used to being together through the season. Then to have to deal with morons like this Samantha lady is just infuriating as a fan, I can only imagine how Jeff feels.

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I can't imagine being a professional athlete or their partner and having a social media account that fans can message you on. It must be terrible. I'm sure she's probably received tons of crap from absolute losers who have nothing better to do with their time than harass her.

Pathetic behavior from this person.

There is good reason that players may want to go to a location where they aren't recognized off the ice and their lives outside of the game isn't scrutinized. To include any athletes' families into any discussions isn't right to do. Even trade speculations shouldn't have anything to do with where their wives or families are from. I know Montreal is kind of unique in that there are no other major sports. That still gives no one the right to invade the privacy of a person, utilizing the poor excuse of their being a professional athlete. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I can't imagine being a professional athlete or their partner and having a social media account that fans can message you on. It must be terrible. I'm sure she's probably received tons of crap from absolute losers who have nothing better to do with their time than harass her.

Pathetic behavior from this person.

On most social media its not possible to message the person directly - on twitter you can only be messaged if you follow them back, on instagram if you have a large account it gets immediately put into a filtered folder (I get about 500 a week, i dont go there, lol).   But someone like Julie, who has a small business, has to wade through her filtered DMs to make sure she doesnt miss potential customers. Jeff for example, has said he doesnt look through his DMs. Ive only talked to him because he's instigated it with me. 

She is a lovely person - they both are. It sucks that trolls exist but anyone who has any sort of high profile web presence has to deal with that crap.  It really sucks that she has to deal with it when its criticism of Jeff. 

The Canadiens reassigned forward Lukas Vejdemo and defenseman Sami Niku to the Laval Rocket on Sunday.  Vejdemo has appeared in six games with Montreal this season.  The 26-year-old Swede has also played 22 games with Laval and registered 13 points (6 goals, 7 assists).  Niku, meanwhile, cleared waivers on Thursday and was assigned to the Canadiens' taxi squad.  The 25-year-old Finn has appeared in 13 games this year, collecting six assists and posting a plus-3 differential.

• H_T_L locked this topic