Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 State of the Habs


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

If they're just counting the days until the season is over, then maybe it's time to move them.  Just a thought.  

 

 

Cant move the whole team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-are-suffering-a-stunning-slide-1.1754876

Canadiens are suffering a stunning slide

That said, the slide of this team – a team that competed in the Stanley Cup Final a year ago, I remind you – has been stunning. This isn’t just a lineup that’s really struggling to find their way, buried in poor shooting luck or void of any goaltending. The parts are bad. The sum of the parts is worse. If you hadn’t watched a single Canadiens game, you would assume this team was tanking.

In fact, the Canadiens have a shot at finishing this year with the worst regular-season performance in the modern era of statistics (2007-22), a stunning indictment of how far this franchise has fallen.

..................

 

Jeff Gorton and Kent Hughes have a whale of a job ahead of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-are-suffering-a-stunning-slide-1.1754876

Canadiens are suffering a stunning slide

That said, the slide of this team – a team that competed in the Stanley Cup Final a year ago, I remind you – has been stunning. This isn’t just a lineup that’s really struggling to find their way, buried in poor shooting luck or void of any goaltending. The parts are bad. The sum of the parts is worse. If you hadn’t watched a single Canadiens game, you would assume this team was tanking.

In fact, the Canadiens have a shot at finishing this year with the worst regular-season performance in the modern era of statistics (2007-22), a stunning indictment of how far this franchise has fallen.

..................

 

Jeff Gorton and Kent Hughes have a whale of a job ahead of them.

It took them 44 games to figure this out? Just pick a game, take a look at our lineup, and compare that to the other team. Not sure why there's a need for statistical analysis here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2022 at 11:27 PM, campabee82 said:

One goalie I would look at is a very good undrafted French Canadian playing in the NCAA by the name of Yaniv Perets. He is leading in the NCAA in both winning percentage and GAA. His GAA is 0.84 and his S% is .948 through 16 games. He would be worth keeping an eye on as the NCAA frozen Four wraps up. Since he is Quebec born maybe he would be interested in signing and at least give Primeau some healthy competition.

 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:16 PM, electron58 said:

Apparently,  another.

Jeff Marek said that Barrie Colts (OHL) 21-year old goaltender Mack Guzda is getting interest from the Toronto Maple Leafs and at least six other teams.  “(Guzda) is someone that the Maple Leafs are very much trying to sign. Their pursuit, I’m told, is very aggressive. They met with the netminder this week, I believe on Thursday, but they’re not the only team trying to sign this netminder, who’s having a great season in the OHL. The Penguins, the Rangers, the Preds are all considered frontrunners but also the Ducks, Islanders and Carolina Hurricanes are said to be interested.” I know,  he's not French, but.......

  • The Florida Panthers announced Monday that the team has signed goaltender Mack Guzda to a three-year, entry-level contract.  

  • Well, scratch him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So,,,, we went through the break without taking the opportunity to can DD. The new GM has had more then enough time to evaluate the coach position IMO and yet he fails to act. There's such a thing as giving a guy a vote of confidence but i've never seen a situation like this. DD has given Hughes every reason in the book to let him go. For the love of God let's get an interim coach in there,,, and at this point i don't care who they appoint

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

So,,,, we went through the break without taking the opportunity to can DD. The new GM has had more then enough time to evaluate the coach position IMO and yet he fails to act. There's such a thing as giving a guy a vote of confidence but i've never seen a situation like this. DD has given Hughes every reason in the book to let him go. For the love of God let's get an interim coach in there,,, and at this point i don't care who they appoint

i honestly think they are ok with the tank. no other logical explanation for keeping him on.   I know some people say its about the money (not wanting to pay yet another coach) but i dont think thats an issue at all for Molson.  The team has what, doubled in value since they bought it? Operating costs are tiny in comparison to franchise value. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-management-must-intervene-another-embarrassing-loss/

Canadiens' management must intervene after another 'embarrassing' loss

 

Nothing can be more damaging than that as the Canadiens continue to crater towards their best chance at that top pick. Development is where the organization has failed miserably for years. It’s a problem both Gorton and Hughes declared a top priority to address, and it could become much more of one if they don’t intervene immediately.

Surely, they’re considering it -- whether it’s removing Ducharme just to change up the message and the system or placing most of their young players in a much healthier atmosphere in Laval (where the Rocket are in contention for a spot in the AHL playoffs) or both.

 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

i honestly think they are ok with the tank. no other logical explanation for keeping him on.   I know some people say its about the money (not wanting to pay yet another coach) but i dont think thats an issue at all for Molson.  The team has what, doubled in value since they bought it? Operating costs are tiny in comparison to franchise value. 

they have been losing a lot of money because of covid lately though, it would not surprise me if they've made the decision that DD will remain until the end of the year. At the end of the day they want to lose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-management-must-intervene-another-embarrassing-loss/

Canadiens' management must intervene after another 'embarrassing' loss

 

Nothing can be more damaging than that as the Canadiens continue to crater towards their best chance at that top pick. Development is where the organization has failed miserably for years. It’s a problem both Gorton and Hughes declared a top priority to address, and it could become much more of one if they don’t intervene immediately.

Surely, they’re considering it -- whether it’s removing Ducharme just to change up the message and the system or placing most of their young players in a much healthier atmosphere in Laval (where the Rocket are in contention for a spot in the AHL playoffs) or both.

Yeah. This is one of those moments I would start to consider calling Roy and saying, "Hey, would you want a coaching job with Montreal for the rest of the year?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, habsisme said:

I agree 100% but keep Ducharme until the end of the season

may as well keep dd even though dude is really starting to upset me with how he is coaching and who he is playing certain minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. This is one of those moments I would start to consider calling Roy and saying, "Hey, would you want a coaching job with Montreal for the rest of the year?"

as much as i would love roy to coach i dont see him bailing on his ramparts this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AH64 said:

may as well keep dd even though dude is really starting to upset me with how he is coaching and who he is playing certain minutes.

He was given an unjustified vote of confidence from the new GM and he's accomplished nothing at all with it. The players obviously don't give a crap anymore about anything he has to say. It's now just an unhealthy situation for developing players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. This is one of those moments I would start to consider calling Roy and saying, "Hey, would you want a coaching job with Montreal for the rest of the year?"

Yeah. I  think at this point,  Sir Patrick says, "pass".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the womens team at the Olympics seems to have pretty good goalie and if we.re on our way to making history this year perhaps we could include some positive history. She truly couldn't be worse as Montembault and Primeau both look more defeated than the rest of the team and would be lucky to stop a beachball at the moment. I've watched fpr  a long time but this train wreck reminding me of the Caps when they first came into the league and the beatings they took. The irony is we have better talent than those teams but our goaltending may actually be worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...