The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Questions, Comments, Concerns

H_T_L

16 hours ago, Teachbiff said:

I'm an Islanders fan and would like to hear your perspective on our trade for Romanov. Montreal eventually got their man - did the Islanders do well in this trade?  Thanks

The Islanders did great in this trade. This was a terrible trade for Montreal!

18 hours ago, Teachbiff said:

I'm an Islanders fan and would like to hear your perspective on our trade for Romanov. Montreal eventually got their man - did the Islanders do well in this trade?  Thanks

Getting the 13th pick was good value for Romanov. There's a lot of disagreement about what we did with it. Islander fans will enjoy Romy,,,, especially his physical game. We wish him luck.

19 hours ago, Teachbiff said:

I think it was a pretty good trade for us. You‘ll like Romanov for sure, but he‘s defense-first and usually that’s not the type of player you aim for with a relatively high draft pick. We also have similar prospects in the pipeline, so I’m fine with the deal in isolation. Maybe there’s untapped potential offensively but I don’t really see it.

22 hours ago, Teachbiff said:

He isn't going to win you the cup but you may see some highlights of big hits.

23 hours ago, Teachbiff said:

Yeah. I think it's a decent trade for NY. I feel like Romanov's potential is a decent second pairing, safe defender, who can lay a big hit. I'm not sure I'd want to give up the 13th overall for him, though.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:13 PM, Teachbiff said:

I'll echo what others have said here. Romanov is a dependable D man, loves to lay out the big hit and play physical. Seems to really enjoy playing the game and appears appreciated by his teammates. He also has a little bit more offensive capability than we saw so far in Montreal. He's a reasonably good skater and he can shoot the puck, though I think his instincts for offence and knowing when to jump into the play are limited. Ultimately, I think he's a 2nd-pairing defenceman who can be a role player on a contending team but isn't going to be a 24-minute-a-night D man. I easily think Montreal won that part of the trade to acquire a 13th overall pick for him, especially knowing that this pick could have landed us Frank Nazar or Lekkerimaki or others.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

I'll echo what others have said here. Romanov is a dependable D man, loves to lay out the big hit and play physical. Seems to really enjoy playing the game and appears appreciated by his teammates. He also has a little bit more offensive capability than we saw so far in Montreal. He's a reasonably good skater and he can shoot the puck, though I think his instincts for offence and knowing when to jump into the play are limited. Ultimately, I think he's a 2nd-pairing defenceman who can be a role player on a contending team but isn't going to be a 24-minute-a-night D man. I easily think Montreal won that part of the trade to acquire a 13th overall pick for him, especially knowing that this pick could have landed us Frank Nazar or Lekkerimaki or others.

But it didn't it landed Dach. So we'll see. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, HabsRuleForever said:

Please reply here if you would be willing to make one or more Game Day Threads this upcoming season.

In "Comments, Questions, and Concerns"? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:51 PM, HabsRuleForever said:

Please reply here if you would be willing to make one or more Game Day Threads this upcoming season.

Where's the lesson thread for us computer illiterate persons? lol

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Push "Submit new topic" red button at top of the main page of "General Habs Discussion" and knock yourself out. :P

I would have to shave my face first though right?:4224:

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all from the US side as a Canadiens fan!!! I will see you there at Chicago tomorrow Friday afternoon!!! Section 301 row 8!

GO HABS GO!!!

From a fellow Chicagoan, thanks!  Enjoy the game.