Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, arpem-can said:

 I see it as something akin to playing roulette . Bettman and the owners ( for the most part ) want everything to appear normal and the arenas filled . People don't have to prove they've been vaccinated so inside the arena it's ...in a word ...life-threatening  . Can you imagine lining up for 2 hours before a game just to prove you've been vaccinated ?....ain't going to happen  ....Bettman and the rest know full well it'll drive people away from the game especially after last year . As always it's all about the buck .

I was under the impression that you needed to provide proof of vaccination to get into an arena in Canada. Not sure about the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, H_T_L said:

I was under the impression that you needed to provide proof of vaccination to get into an arena in Canada. Not sure about the US.

   I was talking about the US ...but even so we look at Calgary with Alberta having such a poor vaccination rate and the lack of  mask protocol / business as usual approach  compared to the the rest of Canada over the same time frame and it's no wonder the Flames have a lot of players out ....throw in the fact that Canadian teams go south where there's  no mandate enforced and it's almost a certainty this new  and more invasive variant will blow the lid off any effort to contain it .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As COVID-19 spreads through the NHL, and the cities its teams play in, players are being confronted with the pressing uncertainty of the pandemic once more.  For some, the recent surge in cases has left them feeling uneasy about continuing to play — especially against teams currently facing outbreaks on their rosters.

“I’m not really comfortable playing against a team that has so many cases of Covid,” Montreal Canadiens forward Jonathan Drouin said Thursday, when discussing the possibility of facing the Boston Bruins on Saturday. “There are currently seven cases, but there could be three more tomorrow.”  The Bruins have been among the teams navigating coronavirus outbreaks in recent days, fuelled at least in part by the prevalence of the new Omicron variant. Brad Marchand, Craig Smith, Patrice Bergeron, Jeremy Swayman, Trent Frederic, Anton Blidh and Oskar Steen were all in the league’s protocols as of Thursday evening.

“If we have any concerns over the next few hours, I imagine Geoff Molson, the team’s owner or Jeff Gorton, the team’s general manager will speak to the league,” Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme said. “I find that we have enough things to take care of on our side than to manage the Covid of the other teams.”

The Bruins, prior to puck drop on Thursday against the New York Islanders, also announced that an unnamed member of the team’s staff was placed in the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol.

“I don’t feel comfortable,” Drouin said. “This is not what we were told with the vaccines for this year. I know things are changing. Like I said, it’s not ideal.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Laffs and Raptors have said they will eject anyone not wearing a mask for their games.

It's too easy to get away with not wearing a mask. They buy a bag of popcorn and eat one kernel every minute or so. The solution would be to close their concession stands so they have no excuse to remove them. Can't cut out those beer sales though,,, right???:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/covid-19-sports-roundup-december-17-2021-1.6289573

Flames among 3 NHL teams shut down through holiday break amid rising COVID-19 cases

As a result of the three teams being shut down, the following games have been postponed:

  • Calgary: Dec. 18 vs. Columbus; Dec. 21 vs. Anaheim; Dec. 23 vs. Seattle.
  • Colorado: Dec. 18 vs. Tampa Bay; Dec. 20 at Detroit; Dec. 22 at Buffalo; Dec. 23 at Boston.
  • Florida: Dec. 18 at Minnesota; Dec. 21 at Chicago; Dec. 23 vs. Nashville.

The Flames also announced centre Mikael Backlund and another member of the team's support staff have entered the NHL's COVID-19 protocol Friday, bringing the number of people sidelined in the organization to 32.

A total of 19 players and 13 club employees are currently in isolation for a team that's been hit hard by a coronavirus outbreak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

If you have a clean record you get a FREE shot to nail someone good !

Yeah this reeks of something ...maybe because it was a decision made in the "centre of the hockey universe " ...Spezza got it down to 4 not because he doesn't have a history but because Pionk wasn't as injured as he could have been  ....ah....ok ...what if Pionk is out for half the season or dare we say he suffered  career -ending head trauma for an avoidable hit? ......Spezza probably still only gets 6 games ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Regis22 said:

If you have a clean record you get a FREE shot to nail someone good !

 

20 hours ago, arpem-can said:

Yeah this reeks of something ...maybe because it was a decision made in the "centre of the hockey universe " ...Spezza got it down to 4 not because he doesn't have a history but because Pionk wasn't as injured as he could have been  ....ah....ok ...what if Pionk is out for half the season or dare we say he suffered  career -ending head trauma for an avoidable hit? ......Spezza probably still only gets 6 games ..

He's been placed in Covid protocol now anyways so,,, karma.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ottawa Senators announced today that defenseman Nikita Zaitsev will miss some time with an ankle injury. The timeline was a little unclear but it seems like it will be a couple of weeks. The injury occurred early in the first period Thursday night in a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brett Connolly will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Sunday.

The Chicago Blackhawks forward is facing discipline for interference against Dallas Stars forward Tanner Kero.

The incident occurred at 3:02 of the first period in Dallas' 4-3 overtime win at home Saturday. Connolly was a assessed a five-minute major penalty for interference and a game misconduct on the play. Kero left the game on a stretcher, was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures and evaluation, and did not return.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...