The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 NHL News

H_T_L

Sidney Crosby left Game 5 with the Rangers with an upper body injury from a likely result of a hard hit by Rangers defenseman Jacob Trouba at 9:15 of the second period.  Crosby played two more shifts before leaving during a television timeout.  

NHL.com.  Edmonton will play game 6 without Darnell Nurse who was suspended for headbutting Kings center Philip Danault.  Nurse was not penalized for the incident which occurred with 9.3 seconds left in the second period.  

On 5/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, H_T_L said:

Season is officially over for me. Leafs and Bruins are toast. Couldn't care less who wins Cup this year now.

Id still like to see TB out soon.  I begrudgingly cheered for them over TO just because but I really dont like them either.

Id love to see Edmonton go the distance but I cant see it as a reality.  I think the battle of Alberta should be a good series though. 

37 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Id still like to see TB out soon.  I begrudgingly cheered for them over TO just because but I really dont like them either.

Id love to see Edmonton go the distance but I cant see it as a reality.  I think the battle of Alberta should be a good series though. 

1. Want Calgary out just to make our pick from them as good as possible. Nothing to do with Cgy or Edm, just in best interest of Habs, which is what matters most to me.

2. If Calgary goes out, then also in our interest to see Col, Fla, and Car go down too, as each additional team out improves our 1st rounder by one spot more. If Cgy doesn't go out, it doesn't matter much.

3. From a personal perspective, if Habs picks weren't involved, I'd like to see Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, and Carolina go through. Makar/Mackinnon vs. McDavid/Draisaitl would be a good showcase for the NHL.

4. If we're playing conspiracy theory here, my guess for who the NHL would want to go through the most... Col and Edm (for reasons stated above), TB (for interest of a possible 3-peat), and NYR (for size of audience).

I'm in the same boat - I cheered for Tampa over Toronto but now I'm actively rooting for them to lose.  For a team that beat us last year I actually like a lot of their players, and Cooper is my favourite coach in the NHL, but for as long as Kucherov is playing with them I wish them nothing but abject failure.

I have a pretty strong feeling of "I don't care" for the other Eastern series, and honestly I don't care much about the battle of Alberta either outside of its small effect on the Habs' draft.  I guess I'd take Edmonton because they've been so bad for so long and it would be nice for their fans to get at least a bit of a break.

Colorado is my team right now.  They've got that hometown Halifax connection with Mackinnon and they're just a good team who I think deserves to go far.  Plus I'd be happy to see Lehks find some success.

Mitch marner was car jacked at gun point last night . 3 Suspects  

stole his truck .the suspects said they wanted his Range Rover . Marner said “ go ahead and take it “.   Lol

1 hour ago, Manatee-X said:

I'm in the same boat - I cheered for Tampa over Toronto but now I'm actively rooting for them to lose.  For a team that beat us last year I actually like a lot of their players, and Cooper is my favourite coach in the NHL, but for as long as Kucherov is playing with them I wish them nothing but abject failure.

I have a pretty strong feeling of "I don't care" for the other Eastern series, and honestly I don't care much about the battle of Alberta either outside of its small effect on the Habs' draft.  I guess I'd take Edmonton because they've been so bad for so long and it would be nice for their fans to get at least a bit of a break.

Colorado is my team right now.  They've got that hometown Halifax connection with Mackinnon and they're just a good team who I think deserves to go far.  Plus I'd be happy to see Lehks find some success.

In my case it's Edmonton, for exactly the same reason you mentioned. They have Draisaitl, who's from my hometown, so I'm going to root for them B)

Other than that, I don't really care one way or the other. Seeing the Leafs continue their epic history of playoff failure was fun, but it's not like I have a soft spot for Tampa Bay, so hopefully the Panthers get rid of them quickly (I doubt it). I also like Colorado, it's an exciting team to watch, maybe this really is their year and I'd be fine with that too.

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

stole his truck .the suspects said they wanted his Range Rover . Marner said “ go ahead and take it “.   Lol

Thankfully no one was hurt. And yeah, just let them have the car. Apparently two suspects had guns and one had a knife.

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Good thing he wasn't wearing his Cup ring,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh wait. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Regis22 said:

They couldn’t get it rolling - the choke was engaged! 

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Leafs announce they're not making any changes next year to the core, coach or GM. Sweet,,,, keep it coming. :6280:

To me that’s the definition of insanity same thing over and over and expecting different results. What a slap in the face to the fan base   - like what are they scared of by making larger changes - failure? 
I still believe they dump Nylander and one of their D - Holl or Muzzin 

8 minutes ago, claremont said:

To me that’s the definition of insanity same thing over and over and expecting different results. What a slap in the face to the fan base   - like what are they scared of by making larger changes - failure? 
I still believe they dump Nylander and one of their D - Holl or Muzzin 

The biggest mistake these clowns have made was signing Tavares to that monster deal knowing full well they had Nylander, Marner and Mathews to extend. Talk about handicapping the team Cap situation. And to think JT signed at a discount to be with this organization. IMO it's do or die for that core next year.